BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thailand's first High Speed train: station designs point to the future

7pm.jpg

Pictures (3): Daily News

Station designs for four of the six stations on the proposed Bangkok to Nakorn Ratchasima have now been revealed. 

The designs are for the Ayuthaya, Saraburi, Pak Chong and Nakorn Ratchasima stations. 

The designs will incorporate historical aspects of the old stations that are being remodeled to accommodate the new high speed line.

news_NlwgxMpToE184823_533.jpg

The Nakorn Ratchasima stop will be a three level station separating the high speed trains from existing long distance services.

The first two stops on the 253 km line - Bang Sue and Don Muang in Bangkok - will have stations that are integrated with the Red Line transport development in the capital. 

news_KsmOMUeUbb184823_533.jpg

Daily News gave no indication when building work would begin apart from saying that the high speed train is a joint venture between the Thai government and the Chinese. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-14

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

Well, everything is just about set and ready to go! 

The ticket prices have been set, the new railways station in Bangkok is upgraded to to take high speed trains and now the Ayuthaya, Saraburi, Pak Chong and Nakorn Ratchasima HS stations have been beautifully and culturally designed. Next to be released will be the design of the tickets.

Now only the easy part left to do like finish loan negotiations with the Chinese then build a 630 km track and if there is any money left they can purchase the trains. 

Ah, Thailand. So close to becoming a developed nations in some aspects, yet so far in many, many others (and unfortunately usually the ones that really count).

Nice, attractive design, by the way... if it ever should get built.

It's nice to have some beautiful stations. But those are the places where the high speed trains will have very little speed.

I am a lot more concerned with the unseen rail track far away from the station on which the train will run will high speed. How will that look like? And how will it look like after a year or two after it's new and nobody cares about it anymore? I hope not as bad as I imagine.

First they designed the lunch boxes, now the stations, let's see when the real thing materializes.. 

Must be an artist rendition. I don't see any trash thrown on the ground.

I wonder if these stations will have wheelchair access and lifts designed in from the beginning..and not poorly implemented afterthought ?

I saw the local train passing through Makkasan the other day. Hordes or bikes and people racing to get across the tracks, people hanging on the side of the train etc. If they can't safely run something like this I have no idea how they have the ability to manage high speed rail. 

1 hour ago, kotsak said:

First they designed the lunch boxes, now the stations, let's see when the real thing materializes.. 

Until this generation of TV member is sleeping in their graves.....

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News gave no indication when building work would begin

To be more accurate: Daily News gave no indication if building work would begin.

Anything faster than today's service would be high speed. Came back from Ubon on the train last year 12 hours of torture, window would not close at all, carriage looked like it was from the 1940's and the doors were tied back open to the track. Stopped at every station where vendors got on then off selling the same stuff as at the last station, this was the express service!

I still maintain Thailand would be better served by a two-track well constructed standard rail system. The country is small, not advanced when it comes to safety, and the quality of any high-speed rail system would be highly suspect when you factor in the cost of corruption. A disaster waiting to happen.

These trains will be a blessing in disguise to the rural folk of Isaan, Many will no longer have to ride in the backs of pick up trucks for many many hours to get back on the holidays, And hopefully will help with the amount of cars making the trip back.

1 minute ago, Ulic said:

I still maintain Thailand would be better served by a two-track well constructed standard rail system. The country is small, not advanced when it comes to safety, and the quality of any high-speed rail system would be highly suspect when you factor in the cost of corruption. A disaster waiting to happen.

They have just constructed a dual railway right through the spine of Isaan to Korat passing through Khonkaen, By the way the new Khonkaen railway station has just opened and it is very impressive.