Landlord info/documents required for TM-30

Sorry, I know this is probably already out there but I failed finding it.

I have lived in the same Bangkok condo, rented from an individual, for almost 15 years. The original lease was in my former girlfirend's name, we/I have never been asked to sign a lease renewal. Though she has not lived here with me for the past 7 years. We are still on good terms.

I have never met the individual I rent from, only a member of her extended family. I know she was an elderly woman and she may have recently passed because I was instructed last month to pay my rent into a different bank account than previously. 

I have never been asked for any kind of residency documentation in my previous Retirement Extension renewals but I do expect to be asked this time.  My current extension expires March 29.  

My former GF did communicate with the landlord's family and they are willing to provide whatever information is needed.  They seemed clueless themselves.

So, exactly what do I need from my landlord?  Is there a specific form they must complete?  If yes, can it be downloaded?  Is it seperate from the TM-30?

Do I need to download a TM-30 and fill it out myself?

Any and all information appreciated as I myself am clueless.

• Like 1

You won't need a tm30 at CW, however for your previous extensions what did you use for proof of where your living. I have always used copy of my lease which they take. The most recent which was Nov, they also wanted map of where I live. Mine based on retirement.

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You won't need a tm30 at CW, however for your previous extensions what did you use for proof of where your living. I have always used copy of my lease which they take. The most recent which was Nov, they also wanted map of where I live. Mine based on retirement.

In 8 years of extension renewals at CW, I've never been asked for any proof of address beyond the address I had filled out on the TM-8 (?) and my income affidavit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dddave said:

In 8 years of extension renewals at CW, I've never been asked for any proof of address beyond the address I had filled out on the TM-8 (?) and my income affidavit.

I can believe that. For example this last extension was first ever time been asked for map. I had condo flyer with map on it which she accepted and added to my paperwork. I think in for past extensions they didn't take copy of lease but sighted it? This last one, 7th, the io took it. Can depend on io I guess.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I can believe that. For example this last extension was first ever time been asked for map. I had condo flyer with map on it which she accepted and added to my paperwork. I think in for past extensions they didn't take copy of lease but sighted it? This last one, 7th, the io took it. Can depend on io I guess.

Your experience is good to know.  I'll make a map copy and rental agreement copy just to have on hand if asked.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

I just applied for a Non-O in Phayao, not the retirement extension yet, and needed a copy of my rental agreement and map. Also, IO's came to my building and took photos of the owner and myself and had the owner fill out a document.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen no reports of Chaeng Wattana immigration wanting a TM30 form from those applying for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

I believe I stated in post that during my last retirement extension in December the IO asked for a copy of my last TM30 (over ten years old.) That was the first time in many years. 

3 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

I believe I stated in post that during my last retirement extension in December the IO asked for a copy of my last TM30 (over ten years old.) That was the first time in many years. 

Which imm office? I have never heard of tm30 being asked at CW for extension based on retirement.

I have never had to show a lease or any other proof of address at CW, but last week I was talking to a guy living in my condo block who not only had to show his lease agreement for his retirement extension ( his first) but two officers came to see him at home !

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I have never had to show a lease or any other proof of address at CW, but last week I was talking to a guy living in my condo block who not only had to show his lease agreement for his retirement extension ( his first) but two officers came to see him at home !

I think he was not applying for an extension. He was probably applying for for a non immigrant visa to qualify for a the extension. I have seen reports of that being done when a person applies for one.

On 3/14/2019 at 12:01 PM, ubonjoe said:

I have seen no reports of Chaeng Wattana immigration wanting a TM30 form from those applying for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

Interesting how each office differs. I completed my extension earlier this month at Pathumthani. The section that confirms your address, same section that actions 90 day reports, now wants a TM30, copy of passport, copy of arrival/departure card and entry stamp, copy wife's ID card and copy her house book registration. Once they have that the new address confirmation done immediately and you can then go to the office that deals with extensions etc.

As a side note, they want the same if you leave Thailand and then return home and will insist on the within 24 hours. I went to Korea early last November. When we came back we telephoned them and they confirmed they wanted one. But when I went to do the subsequent 90 day report I was asked why I hadn't done one for some time - which suggests that although it's the same section dealing with both, the systems aren't linked.

9 hours ago, MikeN said:

A friend of mine renewing a marriage extension (?) at CW was asked for a TM-30.  

• 2 months later...