Thais tell Prayut: Stop trying to be a fashion icon

webfact

9pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The Thais have given a big thumbs down to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha's latest attempts to appear fashionable.

The PM and NCPO head had tried to project a new image but respondents of a "Super Poll" have told him not to bother. 

Some 74.6% of respondents said he should go back to the suits he wore when he led the coup. 

A quarter of respondents thought if he was going for a new look it needed a rethink. 

Daily News said that 1,450 people of working age were asked their opinion - out of these 56% said they support the current government or had in the past. 

Opinion was also sought on whether Prayut should be in politics at all. 

Some 66.1% said he should abandon politics but remain head of the NCPO (National Council for Peace and Order). 

Only 33.9% thought politics was a right choice for him. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-14

Must be a slow news day if all you can come up with is Prayut a fashion icon.:cheesy:

He needs to get his a+=e out of the way and at least let somebody with half a brain try to get Thailand up and running again, until the next coup that is.

12 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Must be a slow news day if all you can come up with is Prayut a fashion icon.:cheesy:

He needs to get his a+=e out of the way and at least let somebody with half a brain try to get Thailand up and running again, until the next coup that is.

................and you can show me one government (between the coups) that has done any good  ?

6 minutes ago, LucysDad said:

................and you can show me one government (between the coups) that has done any good  ?

Stop living in the past, look to the future, i was referring to the future, not the past.

13 minutes ago, LucysDad said:

You must be living under a rock and not know that UHC, Village Fund, OTOP were elected governments policies. Even the current infrastructure projects were initiated by elected governments. Maybe you show us what the coup government achieved and what good they done. 

58 minutes ago, webfact said:

56% said they support the current government or had in the past.

Now we know how Big P stays "popular" in these polls. And good polls should not have layered questions anyway - it just screws up the data. So they basically ask, "Have you ever liked Prayuth?" etc. etc. Hell, even Yingluck would probably answer "Yes" to that question, despite hating him now.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

From being overbearing, officious and dictatorial with a makeover to being to oily, slick and smarmy just days away from an election doesn't quite cut it. 

Looks like a 66 year old Justin Beiber.  - I am surprised that he chose to wear western theme clothing though - Back in 2015 he was urging people to wear traditional Thai clothing styles and fabrics. And then only last year he was urging cabinet members to wear traditional costumes to work!!

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News said that 1,450 people of working age were asked their opinion - out of these 56% said they support the current government or had in the past. 

This little throwaway sentence seemed to be lost amongst the fashion comments.

I wonder how many of that 56% are only in the past?

This guy is a legend.  A renowned comedian (uncle tool), a muscian/songwriter with 2 number 1 hits, a poet, playwrite and actor, a children's entertainer who the wiggles admire, an international statesman, highly decorated soldier, admired politician and now a super model.  Is there no end to this man's talent?

3 hours ago, LucysDad said:

chuan leekpai prime minister for his second time after banharn and chavalit drove the country into the ground ending in the 1997 financial crisis and baht devaluation implemented measures so austere that he pulled thailand out from beneath the thumb of the IMF between Sept 97 and Feb 2001 (3 years and 92 days).

Once the economy was back on its feet he was defeated by thaksin shinawtra who regularly claimed responsibility for economic improvements initiated under chuan's government and so began the current cycle of populist madness.

1 hour ago, metempsychotic said:

chuan leekpai prime minister for his second time after banharn and chavalit drove the country into the ground ending in the 1997 financial crisis and baht devaluation implemented measures so austere that he pulled thailand out from beneath the thumb of the IMF between Sept 97 and Feb 2001 (3 years and 92 days).

Once the economy was back on its feet he was defeated by thaksin shinawtra who regularly claimed responsibility for economic improvements initiated under chuan's government and so began the current cycle of populist madness.

Begs the question; if Chuan did so well, how did he lost the election. Maybe you can explain.  

5 hours ago, petermik said:

He,ll get the "hansum man" call if he pops over to Pattaya.......:clap2:

He certainly will, only the real ugly guys get called hansum man Thailand

I have never been called a hansum man here, although I was back in the UK. ????

4 hours ago, LucysDad said:

Show me a government in any country that has done any good. they are all only out for themselves.

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

This guy is a legend.  A renowned comedian (uncle tool), a muscian/songwriter with 2 number 1 hits, a poet, playwrite and actor, a children's entertainer who the wiggles admire, an international statesman, highly decorated soldier, admired politician and now a super model.  Is there no end to this man's talent?

You one of his most important talents he can talk to frogs, not many of us can do that!

Prayut with his frog.jpg

Our western nature encourages us to think one Thai government or one type of Thai government is better than thr others. 

But, what many fail to understand is that the Thais are so deeply flawed that the government of the day or type is mostly irrelevant. 

Thais are fuedal/tribal people. The government in power at any time, whether you want to call it democracy or something else, represents nothing more than a clan. It's a patronage system. 

3 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Our western nature encourages us to think one Thai government or one type of Thai government is better than thr others. 

But, what many fail to understand is that the Thais are so deeply flawed that the government of the day or type is mostly irrelevant. 

Thais are fuedal/tribal people. The government in power at any time, whether you want to call it democracy or something else, represents nothing more than a clan. It's a patronage system. 

possibly true but you too are being ripped off and deceived by your government it just operates at another level...

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Stop living in the past, look to the future, i was referring to the future, not the past.

I do so hope that your vision of the future turns out to be as bright, and rosey, as you expect.

It would be nice to have a democratically elected government (that means without payments of 500 Baht to voters)  without favour, corruption and cronyism.

My natural cynicism points to past practices being one of the best indicators of future performance.

Archived