Asked to show bank book again

Just now, Justin Side said:

Maybe they wanted the Kor Ror 2 to be a new updated one

I also got a phone call to supply a recent one rather than the 3 year old one I submitted at the application.

I get new documents each year so nothing to do with it not being a recent document, first time they've ever asked me for the Kor Ror 2 so definitely the recent one, interestingly enough, they initially claimed I had submitted an old one and when we got them the document I noticed that there was no date anywhere on it to show whether it was issued recently or not.

20 minutes ago, nahkit said:

I get new documents each year so nothing to do with it not being a recent document, first time they've ever asked me for the Kor Ror 2 so definitely the recent one, interestingly enough, they initially claimed I had submitted an old one and when we got them the document I noticed that there was no date anywhere on it to show whether it was issued recently or not.

Are you sure it does not have this signed and dated stamp on it.

image.png.1e7ec98621cd117686a55beb8526f5ff.png

All of them my wife has gotten have had one on it.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you sure it does not have this signed and dated stamp on it.

image.png.1e7ec98621cd117686a55beb8526f5ff.png

All of them my wife has gotten have had one on it.

Yes, you're right, there is a date on it, I hadn't noticed it as it's covered by the stamp, can just make it out if you look closely enough. Lot easier to see in this picture than it is on the actual document.

IMG_20190314_125158.jpg

Edited by nahkit
  • Thanks 1

In Bangkok, I was specifically asked for an updated KR2 whereas before I was actually told the first was only necessary.

With the money, are you stating that you had your marriage extension, past the 30day mark. I understand they called you back for KR2...but are you stating that they took you to task and may now deny your extension because you let your balance drop below 400k? Please clarify. Thx

1 minute ago, ozmeldo said:

In Bangkok, I was specifically asked for an updated KR2 whereas before I was actually told the first was only necessary.

With the money, are you stating that you had your marriage extension, past the 30day mark. I understand they called you back for KR2...but are you stating that they took you to task and may now deny your extension because you let your balance drop below 400k? Please clarify. Thx

Yes, after calling me back for the KR2 last week they called me back yesterday and asked to see the updated bank book (yesterday was day 28 of the 30 day mark). I was below the 400k mark but bumped it back up (plus had another account) but they were only interested in the fact that it had dropped below 400k.

• Thanks 1

Strange thing about the KR2 was that when I took it to them, the I/O just looked and grunted. Asked him if he wanted a photo-copy said no, asked if he wanted me to sign it, said no, but they had asked me to sign every other document that I submitted, both original and copies.

Took copies of the updated bank book yesterday and asked me to sign them so no idea why they didn't want a signature on the KR2.

Forget the previous five years, we're talking about now and the series of events that has taken place over the last five months.  Have you been keeping up or are you not aware of what has been happening?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

The only extensions that are subject to the 30 day under consideration are extensions based on marriage...and occasionally one or two for retirees, but those were the exception not the rule.  Consequently, since about 5 months ago, there have been several reports about checks during the under consideration period.  All is not lost...you can always get another Non-Imm O and re-apply if necessary. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mosan said:

Forget the previous five years, we're talking about now and the series of events that has taken place over the last five months.  Have you been keeping up or are you not aware of what has been happening?

Where exactly has it been stated that checks (previously not made) will now be made during the 30 day under consideration period? Missed that one myself.

Edited by rott
  • Like 1

Just do a quick search, I don't have the posts off the top of my head, but they are in fact here...  It's not written requirement for extensions based on marriage, but two or three posters have mentioned they were checked and/or told not to touch their 400K until their extension is in fact approved...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mosan said:

Just do a quick search, I don't have the posts off the top of my head, but they are in fact here...  It's not written requirement for extensions based on marriage, but two or three posters have mentioned they were checked and/or told not to touch their 400K until their extension is in fact approved...

Correct. The only thing that is unchanged is that different Immigration offices will apply their own rules. For example, Jomtien wants the Ret Ext applicant to come back after 90-days with their bankbook and a letter so they can check that their 800 k hasn't been touched. Chaeng Wattana and Udon Thani have not asked for this (so far). AFAIK, the extra oversight hasn't been requested at these office for a Mar Ext. Maybe it has but the victim isn't a TV member (yet).

The OP's signature indicates that he is probably dealing with Khon Kaen but if he could either confirm this or be more specific, it may be of value to someone filing the same sort of extension at the same office.

YMMV

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, mosan said:

All is not lost...you can always get another Non-Imm O and re-apply if necessary.

That would be worst case scenario... As per Ubonjoe, you can get a 60 day extension to re-seed the money.

Going under the 400k has always been a no-no. With the current atmosphere I am hesitant to withdraw anything - even that in excess of the 400k.

My application was submitted 13 Feb and I now have to wait until 27 March; stupidly, I forgot to take out extra so emailed (Samui) Immigration last week, inquiring as to the possibility of taking out 10k ...no reply as yet. ????

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, nahkit said:

From reading on this forum my impression was that the only people affected were those doing a retirement visa.

Immigration has been chasing the various, well known visa shenanigans for the past 2~3 years in particular.  They kicked off again recently by challenging Embassy income affidavit procedures, then moved on to target fraudulent financial representations in support of extension requests made by individuals and/or visa agents.

I also thought you seemed a bit out of the loop, as well referring to your 30-day Under Consideration stamp as an "approval".

Given recent events, fiddling with the 400k in the bank during the 30-day under consideration period, was just asking for trouble.  You don't sound dodgy to me and I hope they cut you some slack.  Good luck. 

Edited by 55Jay
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, ukrules said:

If you had 400k in the bank at the date of application then I would have thought that is good enough.

You're not supposed to put your life on hold and stop spending money while they make their consideration.

These people are beyond stupid.

Edit : Next rule change will be to keep a minimum 400k in the bank all year around just like the retirees.

The next rule change will be too the Malaysian bond style system

5 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

The next rule change will be too the Malaysian bond style system

Isn't there a govt saving bond here which pays out regular prizes?

Better than money sitting in a BB savings account...

4 hours ago, mosan said:

The only extensions that are subject to the 30 day under consideration are extensions based on marriage...and occasionally one or two for retirees, but those were the exception not the rule.  Consequently, since about 5 months ago, there have been several reports about checks during the under consideration period.  All is not lost...you can always get another Non-Imm O and re-apply if necessary. 

Absolute tosh, you are just scare mongering. Stop posting on here. 

33 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

Absolute tosh, you are just scare mongering. Stop posting on here. 

Absolutely not. I guess you did not take the time to do a minor search on the topic...here is just one for you.

Edited by mosan

49 minutes ago, ukrules said:

If you had 400k in the bank at the date of application then I would have thought that is good enough.

This might be the issue: the IO may have considered that the date of application was the date when all required documents had been provided. Then there may be some logic in verifying that the OP had kept a 400k balance during the 2 (or 3?) months preceding the "actual" date of application.

Edited by KiChakayan
  • Like 1