Asked to show bank book again

But, there are at least two post on here, and no, I didn't bookmark them, where one individual was told by their particular immigrations office to make sure they do not let their balance fall below the 400K mark until their extension is approved and asked them to bring back their bank book to prove as much.  Additionally, the second poster's office told the individual not to touch the money for an additional 30 days (up to 60 days now) because a decision had not been made on his extension yet. So, as in the original post in this thread, both of these cases involved extensions based on marriage...  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nahkit said:

I had gone below 400k for a period of 10 days on my main account

Looks like one more new local rule. Why not 20, 30 or 90 days? I guess it is bad work of the imm office, because they must to warn about local thought up rules.

An IO gave me a heads up last week that a new Kor Ror 2 is required now for each application.

He also advised you should supply copies of every page of your passport with a stamp or Visa and a few forms required signing stating you understood the rules and penalties.

He advised not touching any funds until the extension was granted.

Earlier this week a friend who's renewal date was 25/4, submitted it on 12/3, 45 days in advance, but was given an under consideration stamp until 25/5 …… 30 days after the due date, so effectively 75 days in total.

A 90 day report due on 28/3 was cancelled and told it will be reset on 25/5.

The rule for retirement state '800,000 at least 2 months prior to filing date (and at least 3 months after).

The rule for marriage state 'must have no less than 400,000 baht in a bank account in Thailand for the past 2 months'.

No such mention of prior to filing date for marriage.

Clearly for marriage it's 2 months prior to the extension being granted and it is we who have misunderstood.

Bearing all of the above in mind, I'd advise applying about a week before the due date.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

In that case, I'm sure the IOs will let us apply with just 1 month of seasoning, since they will take another month?  Or maybe zero seasoning if they want to take 2 months to "consider" about it?  Somehow, I doubt it.

I also doubt it, but it is what it is.

Change to income method instead.

15 hours ago, mosan said:

The only extensions that are subject to the 30 day under consideration are extensions based on marriage...and occasionally one or two for retirees, but those were the exception not the rule.

That is not correct, 30 days under consideration period can be given for extensions based on work, based on having a Thai child etc.

For extensions where the applicant is using cash deposited in an account, such as based on marriage or Thai child, it has always been the rule that the 400k balance remains at that level for the period of consideration, it is just that this is normally not enforced / checked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only extensions that are subject to the 30 day under consideration are extensions based on marriage...and occasionally one or two for retirees, but those were the exception not the rule.  Consequently, since about 5 months ago, there have been several reports about checks during the under consideration period.  All is not lost...you can always get another Non-Imm O and re-apply if necessary. 

• Confused 1

Thank you for making my point for me.  Another individual on here said I was making it up that 30 day under considerations did not require the 400K to be maintained during the period.  I only omitted the fact that there were other possibilities...

2 minutes ago, mosan said:

The only extensions that are subject to the 30 day under consideration are extensions based on marriage...and occasionally one or two for retirees, but those were the exception not the rule.  Consequently, since about 5 months ago, there have been several reports about checks during the under consideration period.  All is not lost...you can always get another Non-Imm O and re-apply if necessary. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1053726-change-the-reason-for-extension-of-stay-from-work-to-dependent/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-13333652

15 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Correct. The only thing that is unchanged is that different Immigration offices will apply their own rules.

Very much so. Feedback I got yesterday was that Chiangrai required a person on retirement ext (based on money in the bank), who attended the office to make a 90 day report, was also required to show an updated bank book at the same time. The extension is already 8 months old, not due again until July and should not be under the new March 1st 2019 conditions. So retroactive implementation of checking money in the bank and associating it with 90 day address reporting. 

People are apparently choosing to go to Maesai instead. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JackThompson said:

They simply have no concept of shame. 

And still they seems, so far, to "adore" we, the ones who still can obtain a L. o. I.. 

No need to have money on a bank, no need to do monthly transfers, no agents involved. 

Why? 

Like others here, I have my own conspiracy theory

I. Officers like everything which is easy and smooth;

A L. o. I. is. 

They want to make it difficult to the ones who don't have it anymore, maybe with the hope their embassy will change their mind, and thus make their life again enjoyable. 

Stupid?

Maybe, every conspiracy theory is in that case. 

Or than we will have one who will pretend that his theory is the only right one. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Very much so. Feedback I got yesterday was that Chiangrai required a person on retirement ext (based on money in the bank), who attended the office to make a 90 day report, was also required to show an updated bank book at the same time. The extension is already 8 months old, not due again until July and should not be under the new March 1st 2019 conditions. So retroactive implementation of checking money in the bank and associating it with 90 day address reporting. 

People are apparently choosing to go to Maesai instead. 

Can you clarify what feedback means ? 1st person, the guy it happend to, 3rd person, someone told me, a guy in a bar told me. Did he end up showing or not showing the bank book, they refused 90 day until he showed bank balance, did he have the required balance, will his next extension be refused.

Unless its a first person account and the outcome is known, it just raises more question than it answers.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Unless its a first person account and the outcome is known, it just raises more question than it answers.

Direct communication (one of those phone gadgets), with the person it happened to. Bankbook produced, the money is left in the account, so no issues. 

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'm a Thai and just done helping my husband filing his Non-O (Marriage) Visa for the first time. I hope the information I got from my local IO might help. BTW, please excuse my English. 

If you are applying with the 400k option, on the official document 'checklist', it is stated that you are required to show that you have no less than 400k deposited for 'the whole 3 months until the date of the application', and a letter from the bank to guarantee that you 'currently' have no less than 400k deposited in your account. 

The IO told me that the amount of money in the account must not go below 400k anytime during those 3-month period. 

However, there's a remark says 'only for the first-time applicant, the applicant must show that he has 400k deposited in his account for over 2 months.' 

Though the rules seem to be applied differently from one immigration office to another, I recommend your wife to contact your local office early in person to check. It will save you so much time. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

And still they seems, so far, to "adore" we, the ones who still can obtain a L. o. I.. 

No need to have money on a bank, no need to do monthly transfers, no agents involved. 

Why? 

Like others here, I have my own conspiracy theory

I. Officers like everything which is easy and smooth;

A L. o. I. is. 

They want to make it difficult to the ones who don't have it anymore, maybe with the hope their embassy will change their mind, and thus make their life again enjoyable. 

Stupid?

Maybe, every conspiracy theory is in that case. 

Or than we will have one who will pretend that his theory is the only right one.

It is not only those w/o embassy letters who are given the runaround.  Some offices also question those with an embassy letter for "proof of income origin" docs (pension-docs, etc).   Chiang Mai is well known for doing this. 

But, my boonies-Issan office was also unsatisfied (early/mid 2018 - before the recent changes) with an embassy-letter plus a bank-book showing the money was being "foreign-transferred" to Thailand.  They don't want to bother processing a marriage-extension (at retail-price, anyway - I did not attempt a bribe) - so "show a foreign pension statement or leave your wife," is the rule, there.  Fortunately, a Non-O-ME Visa is still an option.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iminya said:

Hi all,

I'm a Thai and just done helping my husband filing his Non-O (Marriage) Visa for the first time. I hope the information I got from my local IO might help. BTW, please excuse my English. 

If you are applying with the 400k option, on the official document 'checklist', it is stated that you are required to show that you have no less than 400k deposited for 'the whole 3 months until the date of the application', and a letter from the bank to guarantee that you 'currently' have no less than 400k deposited in your account. 

The IO told me that the amount of money in the account must not go below 400k anytime during those 3-month period. 

However, there's a remark says 'only for the first-time applicant, the applicant must show that he has 400k deposited in his account for over 2 months.' 

Though the rules seem to be applied differently from one immigration office to another, I recommend your wife to contact your local office early in person to check. It will save you so much time. 

For marriage, the official rules are the money must not fall below 400K for just two months before the application - not only the first year, but also every extension after. 

The "3 months for subsequent extensions" rule was the old "retirement-based extension" rule for 800K.

But, for marriage-based extensions, some offices are now insisting the money must not be touched during the "under consideration" period (which breaks the rules, by adding another month or two after applying).

A very few other offices have been reported to demand the money be untouched for 3 months before filing the application (which also breaks the rules).

All information here is based on reports of what is being done at various offices - all of which seem to be free to make up their own rules.  Hopefully, the office where your husband will apply, they follow the official rules.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 55Jay said:

The natives are restless about our financials and visa agents. 

Been going on for months. 

Plastered all over the internet/media. 

:blink:

Visa agents are fine. It’s business as usual already. 

24 minutes ago, iminya said:

Hi all,

Hi Iminya and welcome to the forum.

Which office did you apply at?

The official orders state 2 months for marriage, not 3.

Quote Immigration Bureau Order 327/2557. Section 2.18.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual
income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a
bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

Immigration Bureau Order 327-2557 (2014) - Thai text..pdf

11 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

For marriage, the official rules are the money must not fall below 400K for just two months before the application - not only the first year, but also every extension after. 

The "3 months for subsequent extensions" rule was the old "retirement-based extension" rule for 800K.

But, for marriage-based extensions, some offices are now insisting the money must not be touched during the "under consideration" period (which breaks the rules, by adding another month or two after applying).

A very few other offices have been reported to demand the money be untouched for 3 months before filing the application (which also breaks the rules).

All information here is based on reports of what is being done at various offices - all of which seem to be free to make up their own rules.  Hopefully, the office where your husband will apply, they follow the official rules.

You are right about the officers making up their own rules hence I recommend those applying/extending with their bank account option to check with their local office to ask what exactly they need you to have for your visa extension.

We ended up applying with his monthly income as the consideration so my information on this for the 400k rule is just what written on the official document and also what I asked my local office about in case we would be extending his visa with his savings as the consideration next time. 

Honestly, I never though getting married and living together with my husband would be this much of a hassle for us..

23 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

It does not state 2 months before the application for marriage.

36 minutes ago, iminya said:

We applied at Samut Sakhon office.
When I went in to ask for what required, one of the officers gave me a document checklist. I forgot there was an English version on the back page so now I checked but the information turns out to be different from Thai to English.

KakaoTalk_20190315_085431868.jpg.6c14af5fa983d6c55ce5b7e5d3fb7331.jpgKakaoTalk_20190315_085431412.jpg.15a6192e7ba0f7c00ef81b43268bde71.jpg

My wife (Thai) also had a look at this and agrees that there is a requirement for 3 months and 2 months in the Thai document but only 2 months is required in the translation. She puts this down to making an opportunity for corruption and says you should regard the 3 months matured funds as being required. This is the advice given on all searches I have done to establish the list of documents required.

25 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

My wife (Thai) also had a look at this and agrees that there is a requirement for 3 months and 2 months in the Thai document but only 2 months is required in the translation. She puts this down to making an opportunity for corruption and says you should regard the 3 months matured funds as being required. This is the advice given on all searches I have done to establish the list of documents required.

According to the official Immigration order it states 2 months in Thai.

Some IO's are writing their own material and quoting 3 months.

According to my wife the official order clearly states 2 months before application, but the English translation omits the 'before application' part. It appears the English translations are not perfect.

22 hours ago, nahkit said:

esterday, the 13th, I got another phone call from them asking me how much I now had in my bank account and saying they want to see my bank book again, updated on the day and with another letter from the bank.

Virtually  the same thing happened to me 2 days ago for the same extension as you. The IOs said the request came from above and didn’t understand the reasoning. Specifically they needed copies of an updated bank book showing a deposit of ‘200 to 300 bahts’ that day, not a withdrawal. Luckily the amount in my account was still fine, and I stuck in 1000baht, got the copies and delIvered them to the IO, who seemed apologetic and happy. Still waiting for final approval. 

This was in Mukdahan.

19 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Correct. The only thing that is unchanged is that different Immigration offices will apply their own rules. For example, Jomtien wants the Ret Ext applicant to come back after 90-days with their bankbook and a letter so they can check that their 800 k hasn't been touched. Chaeng Wattana and Udon Thani have not asked for this (so far). AFAIK, the extra oversight hasn't been requested at these office for a Mar Ext. Maybe it has but the victim isn't a TV member (yet).

The OP's signature indicates that he is probably dealing with Khon Kaen but if he could either confirm this or be more specific, it may be of value to someone filing the same sort of extension at the same office.

YMMV

Yes, I'm dealing with the Khon Kaen office. Not sure what you want me to be more specific about?

9 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

The monthly income option is so much easier.  

Seems more difficult to me.  My Social Security payment stopped for two months a few years ago because of a clerical error now what would I do in that situation?  Get kicked out of the country? 

• Like 1