Mail in option 90 days CW

I have a question that I can’t seem to get answered or by someone at CW with reference to the date or time that I can submit a MAIL in 90 day report.

In the past, when I’ve done it, the new report slip (computer generated now and not the tear-off section of the TM7) was red stamped “Next time please send 15 days before the due date”. But I have always sent it well before— usually received (via EMS) around 18+/- days before.

However...

On this last report, I sent in my paperwork and it arrived at CW 18 days before but was sent back, the very next day, and I got a call from someone at Immigration that said I was too early. She said “15 days”...

I know that if it’s received LESS than 15 days they can (and I hear usually will) return it to you and now you’re essentially stuck doing an in-person report.

So... is it that I have to time it so that it’s received by CW *exactly* at the 15 day mark? Not 16 or 17 and not 14 or 13?

I called (and a Thai speaking friend asked) and was told the same “15 days”... but couldn’t/didn’t get clarity as to does 15 days mean ‘no less than..’ or ‘no more than’ or ‘exactly’

Also, IF it is in fact exactly 15 days, if that 15 day mark happens to fall on a non-working day (Saturday, Sunday or holiday) how is that accounted for.

I get it that CW doesn’t want reports coming in 30+ days early... not do they want reports coming in on the expiry date either... so the “15 days” makes operational sense. But I just can’t get a clear answer as to is it 15 days exactly, or what.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have submitted exactly on the 15th day and received my receipt with the stamp saying send in 15 day next time. Also I have sent reports 16 days in advance and received the receipt with no comments. I would guess that one day  over is accepted due to mail delivery times.

I have submitted exactly on the 15th day and received my receipt with the stamp saying send in 15 day next time. Also I have sent reports 16 days in advance and received the receipt with no comments. I would guess that one day  over is accepted due to mail delivery times.

Thanks, I am beginning to think the red stamp isn’t a “you did it wrong” type of warning (which is how I have personally interpreted it) but more of a general reminder.

The other part I can’t determine is what if 15 days just so happens to be a Saturday/Sunday/holiday. My guess is that you’d advance up (more than 15) and not push back (to less than 15) but haven’t gotten really clear guidance on the matter

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This topic raised in another post. Interested to hear that the response is 15 days, but as usual confused and unanswered whether it's less than or more than. I too have submitted both one day before and one day after, and have received the red stamp. The variation was due to vagries of the post. 

19 minutes ago, new2here said:

Thanks, I am beginning to think the red stamp isn’t a “you did it wrong” type of warning (which is how I have personally interpreted it) but more of a general reminder.

The other part I can’t determine is what if 15 days just so happens to be a Saturday/Sunday/holiday. My guess is that you’d advance up (more than 15) and not push back (to less than 15) but haven’t gotten really clear guidance on the matter

Leaving aside the possible confusion of "less than", "more than", "on the day", etc., "15 days" means 15 days regardless of the days of the week and Saturdays/Sundays/holiday days are still days that are counted.  The time allowed needs to be calculated mathematically, eg, the 30th minus 15 days gives the 15th, Saturdays/Sundays don't need to be added days.

Notice :
- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
- Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.
- Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
- Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
- Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.