Two men, 16 buffaloes injured in Payao truck accident

webfact

Two men, 16 buffaloes injured in Payao truck accident

By The Nation

99d54752f17b712e24c202d945e8e67b.jpeg

Two men and 16 water buffaloes were killed early on Thursday when a truck transporting 20 buffaloes lost control and overturned in Phayao's Muang district.

2d2afe60b59f0974f6d219b21496bf26.jpeg

Police said the accident happened at 4.48am on the Ban San Khajao-Huay Nam Khao road in Moo 7 village in Tambon Tha Wang Thong.

d645d4faf11651315b0a9fa39b3f51b9.jpeg

The truck driver, Kitisak Phanphon, 30, and his passenger, Kamphol Srikham, 30, were killed. Fourteen of the animals were killed and the rest were injured.

Rescuers used iron cutters to free the men from inside the truck.

Police said the truck lost control at the curve of the road and overturned apparently because of the weight of the animals.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30365786

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-14

33 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Some farangs will get a request for money from their wife/gf to pay the medical for injured buffaloes.

Lek, Nid and Mon are already printing up multiple copies of the photo to use as evidence in their financial dealings ????

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Fourteen of the animals were killed

no different that the countless hundreds of thousands of humans slaughtered on the highways in Thailand.

no doubt the buffaloes will bring a higher compensation than the humans.

RIP buffaloes. We hardly knew you. 

And for our member who doesn't know about buffalo.

Dear Bill,

I love you and I miss you too much. My friend bar say you old man look same same monkey but I know you hansum man.

I have problem I write you before that buffalo me sick. Now it die fall down and dead in middle of rice field.

Bad fortune when it fall it fall on papa and break leg he three place. Now he not work.

Brother me make stretcher bamboo he take from roof house. Roof come down and rain in house. He take papa to hospital on motorcycle.

Have big accident when he come home hit police car. Police say brother me blame. Police say he pay big money. Not worry darling motorcycle OK but police car bad broken.

Bad luck make Mama heart problem. Doctor say she must triple by pass. I no understand but brother me say you understand.

You know darling I only work in bar and not go with man. I wait for you come back Hua Hin but if you no help me I go with many many many many farang get pay bills money.

Old people my village say you responsible if you send money me before buy medicine sick buffalo then it not die papa no break leg house have roof brother no ride into police car mama no have heart problem.

Send me 500,000 baht for my bank. Papa fix 50,000, new roof 30,000, new police car 200,000, Mama fix 150,000. I take off 2,000 baht for sell buffalo meat but me have to pay more hospital bill for 24 people have problem eat contaminated meat 12,000 baht.

I do not know money England but my brother me say me it 52.2424 mid market rate close of trading yesterday. This means you send me 10,000 your pound.

I love you darling

Noi.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Two men and 16 water buffaloes were killed early on Thursday when a truck transporting 20 buffaloes lost control and overturned

20 of them .! in one truck .! What were they travelling cattle class .. 

47 minutes ago, colinneil said:

After the accident, the police had a serious job trying to get traffic moving again.

The BARGIRLS were there in droves, phones out taking pictures to be sent around the world to gullible farang boyfriends.????

Funny you should say the Col' only this morn this dropped into my email box .. 

IMG_20190314_085720.jpg

6 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Funny you should say the Col' only this morn this dropped into my email box .. 

IMG_20190314_085720.jpg

There is an elephant NGO who gets the tourist to adopt one of his elephants here in CM. Then he hits them up for more money with letters, your elephant is sick need 10,000 baht for med.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

After the accident, the police had a serious job trying to get traffic moving again.

The BARGIRLS were there in droves, phones out taking pictures to be sent around the world to gullible farang boyfriends.????

Hey! I am NOT gullible. OK?

24 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Probably would have been safer for 'em flying in a 737 Max 8 than taking their chances in the back of some ropy old Thai truck ..  

Forget the flying doctor service - that's old hat. The flying buffalo service.

Just don't stand underneath the plane when they empty the cesspit.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Police said the truck lost control at the curve of the road and overturned apparently because of the weight of the animals

Thats a lot of moveable weight,taking a corner too fast the buffalo's 

would have all moved over to one side (like the oil tanker the other day)

resulting in the truck to tip over, the only good thing to come out of it,

is there will be cheap pre tenderised buffalo meat for the locals.

regards worgeordie

A couple of months ago at a livestock market they were loading 3 of these huge buffs into the back of a geriatric pickup as the 3rd one was squashed on the front lifted up and the buff fell off. far from give up they continued on their loading quest until I could not watch anymore from rib damage through laughing ????

19 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Probably would have been safer for 'em flying in a 737 Max 8 than taking their chances in the back of some ropy old Thai truck .. 

They had flights booked, but some idiot grounded the planes......:smile:

20 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Probably would have stood a better chance if two of the buffalo's had been driving the truck with 16 men in the back!

Ah yes , the buffalo theory.   buffalo going home from the rice field with drunk farmer asleep , meets buffalo coming the other way with another drunk farmer , Buffaloes look at each other and move along .   Now , a few years later drunk farmers asleep at the wheel crash into each other.  

It saddens me seeing so many innocent animals dieing because of human stupidity, it should’ve been the other way round as someone mentioned above, I’m sure the buffalos are far more sensible and respectful animals than the ones with two legs without a brain ????

1 minute ago, Ramdas said:

It saddens me seeing so many innocent animals dieing because of human stupidity, it should’ve been the other way round as someone mentioned above, I’m sure the buffalos are far more sensible and respectful animals than the ones with two legs without a brain ????

Yes it is sad, but I suspect the buffalo where probably on their way to the slaughter house anyway...… that's where all the cow and buffalo end up in the end, so getting killed in a road accident, or in a slaughter house, they are going to die one day.

16 Buffalo and not one cattle truck . Sure there must be a Law against loading cattle on flattops with just low sides an proper floor mats for cattle.... 

OHhhhhh, this is Thailand  care factor here is Zero.   ????

19 hours ago, moe666 said:

Sorry boys you are behind the times money for bufflo is long gone it is now fertilizer for the rice crop

Yes indeed. I was "stung" 300,000 baht for "chemie" for maize, not rice. I was told I would get my money back but when the crop was harvested I was told "no money" because the sweet corn canning company did not pay a high price - so BEWARE!!!

Archived