Secondhand - Used Cameras, Lenses etc. Where in Chiang Mai?

Formaleins

3 minutes ago, dddave said:

I've picked up some very nice old film cameras cheap at "Japan stores", that is, 2nd hand stores like western thrift shops.  I'm in Bangkok but Chang Mai should have a few.

Yes, I was hoping that was the case. Just need someone to point them out to me.

Ok this is loose but got to start somewhere right? There is a place that receives a container of second hand goods from Japan weekly I believe. It's on the 3029 between the river and the Chotana junction. 

Heading west on 3029 once you cross the river hold left and it's 2-300 yards on your left. The place has a 60mtr or so road frontage so tough to miss plus a fair chance there will be a back end of a container visible as you approach.

Happy hunting

3 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

Ok this is loose but got to start somewhere right? There is a place that receives a container of second hand goods from Japan weekly I believe. It's on the 3029 between the river and the Chotana junction. 

Heading west on 3029 once you cross the river hold left and it's 2-300 yards on your left. The place has a 60mtr or so road frontage so tough to miss plus a fair chance there will be a back end of a container visible as you approach.

Happy hunting

Thanks for that, sounds intriguing.

• Used Equipment Dealers:
  • Photobug, has a growing 2nd hand department at their main branch near Chang Phuak Gate which is worth a look.  There is a lot of Canon gear around at the moment.

1 minute ago, Greenside said:
  • Used Equipment Dealers:
  • Photobug, has a growing 2nd hand department at their main branch near Chang Phuak Gate which is worth a look.  There is a lot of Canon gear around at the moment.

Thank you so much for that! Great info, I will check it out. I used to go to the city quite a bit and they had almost an entire road that sold second hand tools, I was just amazed that there were no camera dealers doing the same thing as photography here with the Thais is quite popular.

Many thanks for posting that info!

25 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

Happy hunting

Do you mean this place:

https://goo.gl/maps/oRnetWvwAxL2

2 hours ago, Greenside said:

Do you mean this place:

https://goo.gl/maps/oRnetWvwAxL2

Yup that's the one. Have never looked for camera gear but there's heaps of stuff there (furniture/ceramics/lighting/golf clubs/ clothes/jewellery etc etc) so would be surprised if they didn't have. They have a glass cabinet in the section nearest to the river where they keep the more expensive stuff.

Personally I would visit Photobug first to get an idea what is available at what price and only then visit this place and if prices are anywhere near similar head back to Photobug and purchase there.

im not recommending this place just saying where it is.

• 5 months later...

Archived