Translation Service - Norwegian

Thomas J

I imagine any translation will also need to be certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok. Maybe start with the translators that operate in and around the MFA. There is a Norwegian Consulate in Jomtien, local translators would probably deal in Norweigan.

Maybe state where you or fiancée are located for local recommendations.

19 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I imagine any translation will also need to be certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok. Maybe start with the translators that operate in and around the MFA. There is a Norwegian Consulate in Jomtien, local translators would probably deal in Norweigan.

Maybe state where you or fiancée are located for local recommendations.

We called the Norwegian consulate in Pattaya and the Norwegian Embassy in Bangkok.  They say they can not give recommendations.  We only asked for options.  We have called all of the Translations services in Bangkok that were listed on the U.S. embassy site in Bangkok.  None translate Norwegian. So we can find plenty of translation services.  But none so far that translate from Norwegian. 

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

I'd have a look in the immediate vicinity of the Embassy. soi 33

Tried that.  Even called the embassy.  So far no one does Norwegian.  There must be someone obviously 

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

We called the Norwegian consulate in Pattaya and the Norwegian Embassy in Bangkok.  They say they can not give recommendations.  We only asked for options.  We have called all of the Translations services in Bangkok that were listed on the U.S. embassy site in Bangkok.  None translate Norwegian. So we can find plenty of translation services.  But none so far that translate from Norwegian. 

I would be surprise if there are not Thai /Norwegian translation services available in Norway itself.  I know the posting bit is a pain but you may get a better service. Try google and see if anyone advertises such a service in Norway. 

11 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I would be surprise if there are not Thai /Norwegian translation services available in Norway itself.  I know the posting bit is a pain but you may get a better service. Try google and see if anyone advertises such a service in Norway. 

I am guessing that you are right.  I was just wondering about getting a document not translated in Thailand legalized by Thailand.  

1 minute ago, Thomas J said:

I am guessing that you are right.  I was just wondering about getting a document not translated in Thailand legalized by Thailand.  

I may be wrong, but I think you maybe can get them translated in Norway and then legalised at the Thai Embassy in Oslo? Certainly, the Thai Embassy in London used to offer that service.  Worth a try.  

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I may be wrong, but I think you maybe can get them translated in Norway and then legalised at the Thai Embassy in Oslo? Certainly, the Thai Embassy in London used to offer that service.  Worth a try.  

True but we are living here in Thailand.  

18 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I see, sorry.

Before there were several in soi 33, but very few hand in visa applications directly to the Embassy now.

They now have a visa centre further down Sukhumvit somewhere.

I would guess that close to where most people hand in their applications,

there should be translators to be found.

34 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

True but we are living here in Thailand.  

sorry, I'm probably not making myself clear.  My suggestion was that any documents that you have here in Thailand that need to be translated and then legalised could be sent to a service provider in Norway who can do the job for you there.  There are many such agents doing that job in the UK, so maybe in Norway also.  Sorry if I wasn't too clear. 

4 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

I would just call the Norwegian embassy in Bangkok , I am sure they can recommend a translator . 

The US Embassy provides a list of translation service companies to assist its citizens.  The Norwegian Embassy would not even say if their were any Norwegian translation services available in Thailand.  They only commented they were difficult to find.  No Crap. 

3 hours ago, Thomas J said:

The US Embassy provides a list of translation service companies to assist its citizens.  The Norwegian Embassy would not even say if their were any Norwegian translation services available in Thailand.  They only commented they were difficult to find.  No Crap. 

it is  far far outside the raison d'etre of any Norwegian government service

to recommend private companies, they just cannot do that, that would be gross breach

of proper behaviour for government services

it doesn't take much fantasy to understand that there are Norwegian-Thai translation services available

in Thailand

my best guess  would be to look around where people deliver visa applications,

possibly ask some Norwegians

alternatively, consult one of the Norwegian www forums

On 3/16/2019 at 5:07 PM, melvinmelvin said:

it is  far far outside the raison d'etre of any Norwegian government service

to recommend private companies, they just cannot do that, that would be gross breach

of proper behaviour for government services

The U.S. Embassy provides a list of translation services with the disclaimer that they are not recommendation but merely informational as to their existence.  It would seem that Norway if it really wanted to provide "service" to its citizens could do the same.  Obviously they have had documents presented that were translated and could provide merely an information list so that each citizen did not spend countless hours trying to hunt down a service. 

Archived