I Don't Like My Wife's Parents.

Boomhauer

1 minute ago, Boomhauer said:

I paid 3 mil sin sod and I pay 50,000 baht monthly to them..

should I be paying more u think?

no, pay less and say its not going up until

parents show you respect.

the relation is dead either case,

you may as well get even

22 minutes ago, Boomhauer said:

Yes. They still take my money every month.(substantial amounts)

they used to smile as i gave it to them, now they dont even look at me.

The obvious solution would be to dole out even more money monthly and I am sure that lovely smile will return!

The more money, the bigger the smile - they have become accustomed to their new found wealth and at 62 you aren't getting any younger?  Maybe you can set them up with a monthly annuity should something happen to you?

2 million sinsot plus 1 million baht gold - you are kidding right?

2 minutes ago, Boomhauer said:

I paid 3 mil sin sod and I pay 50,000 baht monthly to them..

should I be paying more u think?

If this isn’t a troll, then you are crazy. Didn’t you do any homework on this subject before you took these steps?

3 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Did you pay sin sod? I have seen many cases where the farang is sure the family has cheated him and by his definitions, they have... and yet, when not paying the customary sin sod, they have cheated the family first and the family is just cheating back...

If not, is there something that you have done to upset them. On TVF I regularly see people call Thai stupid... insulting people rarely ends well for anyone... 

Can you think of any reason they might not like you? 

I don’t like you because you don’t read the thread ... keep up!

????

59 minutes ago, Boomhauer said:

My wife is 23 and her mum is 42

is the mom hot? because with the amount of cash you are burning through every month you should be doing a three way every night.:clap2:

does your wife have any sisters?:cheesy:

I'm sure that if my daughter (21) came home with a 60 year old in tow, I would have a real fit and probably throw him  out of the house.  You are lucky they haven't done the same to you.  They probably haven't, yet, because you have paid them a ridiculous amount of money. You are the architect of your own misfortune my friend.  

Why are you in contact with them?

If you are happy with your wife and she is happy with you then you two should enjoy life together.

You don't have to see her parents constantly.

Talk with your wife about this. If she is on your side, fine.

If she just repeats what the parents tell her it will be difficult for you to ever have a reasonable relation with her parents and with her.

Personally I try to stay away from the family. Very seldom I see them. I try to be nice, buy them dinner and a few drinks, and then I try to stay away from them as much as possible.

We have no problems but that's because we are basically strangers who smile and say hello to each other.

In my option "western" and Thai culture is so far apart that best case we can accept that we are different and that we will never really understand each other. If one or both sides want to convince each other things have to be like this or they have to be like that failure is basically guaranteed.

We are just too different. If we can accept that, fine. If not, no future!

Archived