BANGKOK 26 May 2019 10:46
finy

Can someone please recommend me a very very cheap smartphone?

Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2019 at 5:34 AM, bojo said:

I highly recommend the Huawei Y635. I have a 3 year old model and it cost £80 back then and I just picked up another brand new one in the box as a spare on ebay for £50. (I haven't seen them in the shops for at least 2 years now) I swear by it, such good value. With the exception of the camera, which is just average. I don't know if you can get hold of one where you are, but if you want a cheap smartphone, it might be worth a try................

Although it's very true that Huawei (and the other Chinese brands like Xiaomi, Vivo and Oppo) are fine phones and great value for money, it's never a good idea to buy a three year old model. The problem lies with the old operating systems. An older phone is going to be stuck on Android 4 or 5 with no further updates possible, and performance will really be affected compared to a newer version. Best value will be to buy either a new or a recently replaced edition, say the previous 2018 version of one of the current lineup - this applies to all brands of phones at every price level.

Edit. I just looked up the Huawei Y635 and it's around 300 baht on Lazada, so it may be either an absolute bargain and perfect for the OPs purposes, or else a total dud compared with the newer offerings on the market. 

Edited by lamyai3

Thousands of secondhand phones for sale at any shopping mall. I bought a secondhand iPhone for 2500 baht, works fine. Although I agree with other posters Android is possibly better.