Place for cars to enjoy track day? Recommendations?

Did a lot diy repairs to my daily grocery getter, now wanna push her see how she performs, no way do that on Bangkok streets -- tuesday I go road test at 1 AM still encounter traffic jam XD

Google map "car race track" within 2hr driving from Bangkok, showed up:

Pathumthani speedway (Pathumthani)

Thailand circuit (Bang Phra)

BIRA (Pattaya)

Kaeng Krachan circuit (Phetchaburi)

Anyone have experience with them (or any other missed by google)?

Consider entry cost (only BIRA listed hire fee 3000THB);

circuit condition;

whether crowded (more empty the better!);

which is best for a budget car enthusiast? Any input would be appreciated. Cheers! 

What kind of track are you looking for? Pathumthani is largely a drag strip, they do have a small road course that's primarily used for drifting. For road course, Chang in Buriram is definitely the nicest in the country, it's truly world class and meets FIA Grade One regs. For reasonably close to BKK and road course focus, BIRA is probably the best choice.

Sam

• 2 months later...

A late update, I went to Kaeng Krachang circuit(Phetchaburi) although track surface has some marks but totally fine, and very easy/fun circuit setup

charged me 2000 baht, with free helmet, all track to my self, absolutely love it, but silly me I broke the old clutch after several practicing laps???? 

fortunately have prepared one uprated set, send to repair in nearby garage...

Also learned the toyota pancake oil 'cooler' is actually acting like oil warmer + coolant warmer, have to sort that out, so no more track day for now! :sad: 

Any car have to be real beefy and reliable to enjoy track activity... 

AGEM3n.jpg

AGElj0.jpg

8 hours ago, Coremouse said:

A late update, I went to Kaeng Krachang circuit(Phetchaburi) although track surface has some marks but totally fine, and very easy/fun circuit setup

charged me 2000 baht, with free helmet, all track to my self, absolutely love it, but silly me I broke the old clutch after several practicing laps???? 

fortunately have prepared one uprated set, send to repair in nearby garage...

Also learned the toyota pancake oil 'cooler' is actually acting like oil warmer + coolant warmer, have to sort that out, so no more track day for now! :sad: 

Any car have to be real beefy and reliable to enjoy track activity... 

AGEM3n.jpg

AGElj0.jpg

Not exactly large run-off areas ...

Archived