Employment Certificate for METV - Details?

Hi Guys, 

Last year I quit a banking job I held for 8 years to travel south east asia. Enjoyed it a whole lot so I'll do 6 months more in Thailand. However, I'm 32 years old and "unemployed". 

Would you guys know how one of these certificates of employment are supposed to be formed out, and do they "check"? 

I'm thinking of doing 2 months work back here and the employer willing to write me a letter of employment. However, he's worried to write something longer than "temporary". 

Anything on the subject or other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

They do not check and having worked 8 full years there and taking a break your guy who you asked the letter from is pedanic. You could write it yourself on a letter head and keep it short. Mine is one sentence and I’m on my fifth METV. One per year. As the other poster said the other guy can write you work for ABC Corp and just sign it. I’m not sure what the other poster means by “official” bank statement. New York City consulate wants a copy of any of your bank statement showing 7k or more USD with your name it. If the word “ certified “ is used for a bank form this word has no special meaning at least to the NYC consulate and also to me. Certify and notarized are two completely different words in American English. Same thing for income letter if asked to “ certify” 

“ I certify that John Smith works for ABC company “ see now you are certified.  

Edited by alex8912

Hi guy's, this was the exact question I was looking for yesterday but on the UK application it states that you need the funds in your account for at least 6 months for the metv as well as the employment letter. Is that the same in the US? Just wondering if they check the date of deposit on the funds? Tia 

2 hours ago, dontpanic said:

Hi guy's, this was the exact question I was looking for yesterday but on the UK application it states that you need the funds in your account for at least 6 months for the metv as well as the employment letter. Is that the same in the US? Just wondering if they check the date of deposit on the funds? Tia 

Different consulates have different rules. A few years ago I needed to show the money to be in my o/seas current account for min. 3 months,  and it had to be a "working" a/c. This was Munich consulate. They did check i.e. docs were sent to Thai embassy for approval. Out of interest, look at requirements by Thai consulates in different countries. This will show you that there is not "one fits all" rule. Supply the docs the consulate at your point of application asks for.

11 hours ago, Letseng said:

Different consulates have different rules. A few years ago I needed to show the money to be in my o/seas current account for min. 3 months,  and it had to be a "working" a/c. This was Munich consulate. They did check i.e. docs were sent to Thai embassy for approval. Out of interest, look at requirements by Thai consulates in different countries. This will show you that there is not "one fits all" rule. Supply the docs the consulate at your point of application asks for.

Good to know thanks for the advice.