Jump to content
BANGKOK 18 March 2019 23:17
angelicajames

World Trip (Advise & Suggestion)

Recommended Posts

Hi Travelers, 


I and my husband are planning to have a 2-4 month long road trip. We are planning to use our own car (800 CC) and will carry along tentage to be used for a maximum of our times with occasional cheap hotelling. 
This is our broad itinerary. Starting off from Islamabad Pakistan traveling down to Karachi and taking the coastal highway to the Iranian border and crossing into Iran and passing through coastal Iranian city of Shiraz into Basra (Iraq) and onto Kuwait. From Kuwait to Saudia and then to Cairo and the North African leg till Tangiers. We plan to enter Europe through Iberian peninsula. 
After Moscow, we plan to go to Kazakhstan and cross into China either from there or through Kyrgyz republic to reach Kashgar and cross into Pakistan through Khunjerab Pass. 
We are flexible in minor alterations of the route but 4 months is maximum we can take out in time. 
looking forward to expert opinions and pieces of advice in regards to 
Visas, routes, Carnets, Tools and gadgetry, amount of funds to be had, best modus of keeping funds... 
in Essen, everything that's required in a lengthy tour of this sort. This is our first time and we would like it to be awesome.

Help out folks 
I am planning it to start in or around may and end up accordingly on Pakistan side of Khunjerab pass before the onset of winters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When in Shiraz Iran...purchase pistachios...grown locally...arguably best in the world... 

 

Please document your trip with pics and video...share your adventure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that many people in Thailand done that I guess that sound like a " Long Way Round " journey which was done on motorcycles with lots of support.

You could best start planning say with tripadvisor and google websites to avoid hot spots and the risk of kidnapping.

This is just one that gives distances.

http://distancebetween.info/pakistan/iran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

When in Shiraz Iran...purchase pistachios...grown locally...arguably best in the world... 

 

Please document your trip with pics and video...share your adventure...

Thanks for the advice and yeah sure would share every detail with you guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Not that many people in Thailand done that I guess that sound like a " Long Way Round " journey which was done on motorcycles with lots of support.

You could best start planning say with tripadvisor and google websites to avoid hot spots and the risk of kidnapping.

This is just one that gives distances.

http://distancebetween.info/pakistan/iran

Yeah, and we also plan to find the shortest and safest route. I think TripAdvisor won't work that way as it is 39hrs travel we can say including some rest, with no internet connection on the way. 

Please advise on this.

Edited by angelicajames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, angelicajames said:

Yeah, and we also plan to find the shortest and safest route. I think TripAdvisor won't work that way as it is 39hrs travel we can say including some rest, with no internet connection on the way. 

Please advise on this.

You are taking on a hazardous journey without support or back up, unless you are military trained your route is full of danger IMO.

Maybe at least see if you can get a satellite internet connection nowadays in the areas you are travelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You are taking on a hazardous journey without support or back up, unless you are military trained your route is full of danger IMO.

Maybe at least see if you can get a satellite internet connection nowadays in the areas you are travelling.

I do have some connections in the military even tho my brother in Law in the navy and we have to make more connections for safe travel. As satellite connection can you be more specific on that. Idk much about that?

Also looking for some best sites related to travel found one but there's not too much in it.

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, angelicajames said:

As satellite connection can you be more specific on that. Idk much about that?

Yeah well looking for some best sites related to your travel planned route some of those places most people wouldn't want venture there.

Maybe contacting embassies of the countries your going through would be best for travel advice like where you can go and where you should not go.

Satellite I guess was the wrong term I was thinking more about you finding out about contacting help in remote areas on your mobile connection, are there dead areas on your route.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And what has this to do in the Central Thailand forum?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

unless you are military trained your route is full of danger IMO. 

Rarely a single place where I would like to go at these times.

Iran? Saudi Arabia?

 

And you really think you (female and male?) can drive in your own car into Saudi Arabia?

800(?) cc "car". What type of car is that?

I guess you need a sturdy all-terrain vehicle for most of those paths?

 

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And what has this to do in the Central Thailand forum?

Maybe some people in Central Thailand have been to some the places they are going, I have but not recent. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Rarely a single place where I would like to go at these times.

Iran? Saudi Arabia?

And you really think you (female and male?) can drive in your own car into Saudi Arabia?

800(?) cc "car". What type of car is that?

I guess you need a sturdy all-terrain vehicle for most of those paths?

 

Rarely a single place where I would like to go at these times is right quite a lot are risky places let alone some of the roads.

A 800cc car would never make it unless it was specially adapted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...