Electrolux or Carrier air conditioners

banagan

My money would go to Daikin, you can be assured you are getting the best on the market, not the cheapest but willing to pay for quality & reliability & cheaper to run!

Electrolux & Carrier are mediocre at best.

Mitsubishi every time. Had a big problem before with a Daikin, they just couldn't fix it. I had to junk it. Never again. You should go for an inverter type. The prices have come down a lot.

What's the real advantage of an inverter

Sent from my Pixel using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

In a normal AC the compressor is either full on or completely off. With an inverter it starts full-on and then when the temperature drops the compressor starts to slow down and to maintain the temperature, it's running all the time but at a much slower speed. This means overrule it's much quieter and it should save you money on your electric bill because it's not starting up all the time which uses a lot of current and it's just over all much more efficient. I have an inverter refrigerator. Same principle.

On 3/19/2019 at 5:19 AM, THAIPHUKET said:

Sent from my Pixel using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have a new Daikin inverter type, two indoor units and one bigger outdoor unit. Couldn't be happier, I can not hear the outdoor unit running, even I'm standing next to it. Completely silent. Also a lot less power consumption than the old crap I had. Go for inverter, you won't be disappointed.

On 3/19/2019 at 3:19 PM, THAIPHUKET said:

Relative silence. Improved comfort due to the lack of sudden temperature changes. Cheaper to run. I would only ever consider an inverter type.

Downside: apparently parts are often more expensive for inverter models.

My own Hitachi inverter is about 7 years old and is used 24/7 (except when I am on holiday). It has never needed any parts or servicing other than the usual cleaning. I have reached the point with it where, if it ever does break, I will probably replace it rather than repair it. It paid for itself in reduced electricity bills within 18 months of installation, though I dont know to what extent the saving was down to it being an inverter or just new.

I have been told by several installers that Daikin are good but that the parts can be very expensive to replace. They had no reason to lie to me as they were not selling me anything.

Archived