British lawmakers overwhelmingly back Brexit delay

webfact

This is totally sick. They are trying to subvert democracy. I will not stand by and see my vote tossed aside by these self serving snobs. We voted to save Britain and save Britishness. We did not vote to continue wiping out all we hold dear, in the name of some social experiment.  Luckily, our quiver is not out of arrows.
It's parliamentary democracy in action. Vote UKIP next time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, nausea said:

I get the feeling we're on the back foot. It was always a game of bluff and the EU is calling it

We are on the back foot and have been pretty much so from day one because of the way the "negotiations" were approached.

But we really do need an extension now, even if May get's her poisonous deal through next week.  There is no way there is enough time to dot the i's and cross the T's before the end of the month.  We just stagger along from one crisis to the next.  At the moment May has the upper hand but that may change soon enough.

It is so embarrassing to stand by and watch these incompetents screwing up our country. 

Are you confused by Brexit? Well brexit itself has become so confused by this whole damn mess it's had a self identity crisis and had to go to the therapist.

Brexit: Who am I? 
Therapist: Who would you like to be?
Brexit: I have no idea.
Therapist: How do you feel when you say that?
Brexit: Numb, like nothing matters anymore.
Therapist: And what does matter to you?
Brexit: I used to think it was immigration and sovereignty...

Therapist: And now?
Brexit: Now it's just about getting it done.
Therapist: Getting what done?
Brexit: Well, precisely.
Therapist: You've lost me.
Brexit: I have lost myself.
Therapist: I am here. You are here.
Brexit: And where are we?
Therapist: We're in the EU.

Brexit: I want out of here!
Therapist: The door is unlocked. You are free to leave.
Brexit: Without a deal?
Therapist: How do you feel about a deal?
Brexit: Do you want a deal?
Therapist: I want to know what you feel.
Brexit: I feel I want a deal.
Therapist: Which deal?
Brexit: You are not being fair to me.
Therapist: You sound disappointed.
Brexit: I sometimes think it's all your fault.
Therapist: I can see that.
Brexit: Who are you anyway?
Therapist: I am here for you.
Brexit: Where?
Therapist: In the EU

Brexit: The more you sound like my friend, the more confused I feel.
Therapist: Maybe it's not about me at all.
Brexit: Oh.
Therapist: Oh, you say.
Brexit: It's all I can say. I would like to ask the people, but I'm not allowed to.
Therapist: Who are the people, to you?
Brexit: The people are all I have really.
Therapist: You felt something when you said that, didn't you?
Brexit: Sadness maybe.
Therapist: Anything else?
Brexit: Loneliness even.17.4 million people, and I feel lonely!
Therapist: Lonely. Let's sit with that for a moment.

Brexit: I don't like where this conversation has taken us.
Therapist: And is that a bad thing?
Brexit: Yes. Can't we talk about Brexit?
Therapist: That's why we are here.
Brexit: Well forget what I said. I am not sad and lonely. Just a little confused.
Therapist: Confused.

Brexit: It was all meant to be so different. It was about democracy and freedom and going global with pride. It felt so, so...triumphant.
Therapist: You mentioned pride. Tell me about that.
Brexit: Well I saw myself as a vehicle for pride, a way to reclaim and channel it.
Therapist: And do you feel proud now?
Brexit: Not really.
Therapist: And triumph?
Brexit: No, that has been thwarted.
Therapist: What would you like to feel?
Brexit: I want to feel how I felt in the campaign.
Therapist: I see. And can you?
Brexit: No, that's over now.

Therapist: So there's plenty to explore. Sadness. Loneliness. Pride. A sense of thwarted triumph. And perhaps a need to come to terms with where we are.
Brexit: It's funny. They used to say Brexit means Brexit. As if I would know what they meant.
Therapist: But you don't?

Brexit: I hoped someone else would figure it out for me. Lots of people don't know who they are until society figures it out for them.
Therapist: So you have been waiting?
Brexit: I'm supposed to be the grown up - is that what you're saying?
Therapist: Do you want to be?

Brexit: I'm ready, but it feels like I have to become somebody else first.
Therapist: That might take time.
Brexit: We don't really have time.
Therapist: That's challenging.
Brexit: I'm British. I can handle a challenge.
Therapist: Is that way of thinking helpful for you?

Brexit: Are we not running out of time?
Therapist: Well, quite.
Brexit: So can I have some more time?
Therapist: I can only offer 50 minutes. You'll need to ask the EU.
Brexit: I don't want to. It makes me feel smaller and weaker.
Therapist: What's the alternative?

Brexit: Ok, I'll ask for more time. But they are going to want me to grow up. Can you help me with that?
Therapist: That's what I am here for, but ultimately that's up to you. 
Brexit: OK, so see you next week?
Therapist: Yes, and I'll probably see you before then, on TV.

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

We are on the back foot and have been pretty much so from day one because of the way the "negotiations" were approached.

But we really do need an extension now, even if May get's her poisonous deal through next week.  There is no way there is enough time to dot the i's and cross the T's before the end of the month.  We just stagger along from one crisis to the next.  At the moment May has the upper hand but that may change soon enough.

It is so embarrassing to stand by and watch these incompetents screwing up our country. 

I posted this on the "Farage" thread by mistake. Very worthwhile listening to this Yorkshire Physics teacher who thinks Corbyn is a weasel and a goblin!

13 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

This is totally sick. They are trying to subvert democracy. I will not stand by and see my vote tossed aside by these self serving snobs. We voted to save Britain and save Britishness. We did not vote to continue wiping out all we hold dear, in the name of some social experiment.  Luckily, our quiver is not out of arrows.

You are watching democracy in action - the UK's representative constitutional democracy in which parliament is sovereign.  Unfortunately parliament is populated by a bunch of self interested numbskull arrogant clowns at the moment - but then we have to vote them out.

Watch you gonna do? Your really think the government or parliament give a toss about what some expat thinks on a website?

9 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's parliamentary democracy in action. Vote UKIP next time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

vote tommy instead,now there's a born patriotic leader of men if ever i saw one,hard as nails,even chinned their lass,what a hero man,

13 hours ago, baansgr said:

Feel sorry for all the remoaners that stocked their pantries full with food  avoiding starvation because  of leaving.....maybe have to take it all down the food banks. 

easier taking it to spoonies if ya passing before 1800 as thats where the lazy druggy benefit scrounging brexiteers will be.

13 hours ago, baansgr said:

Feel sorry for all the remoaners that stocked their pantries full with food  avoiding starvation because  of leaving.....maybe have to take it all down the food banks. 

I have not stocked my pantry... You just proved a point you Leavers are living in the past, we do not have pantries anymore...????

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Isn't he in jail? Can convicted criminals stand for parliament?

The "Representation of the Peoples Act 1981" 

Disqualification of certain offenders for membership of the House of Commons.

A person found guilty of one or more offences (whether before or after the passing of this Act and whether in the United Kingdom or elsewhere), and sentenced or ordered to be imprisoned or detained indefinitely or for more than one year, shall be disqualified for membership of the House of Commons while detained anywhere in the British Islands or the Republic of Ireland in pursuance of the sentence or order or while unlawfully at large at a time when he would otherwise be so detained.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/34/section/1

Although he has many convictions there is as I see it only one conviction that would bar him from standing and that is his 18 months for an insurance fraud as the 13 months for the contempt of court has been overturned and he is waiting a retrial on that.

Clearly assaulting a police officer, being a football hooligan, using someone else identity, and being a thug does not bar one from becoming an MP.

42 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Clearly assaulting a police officer, being a football hooligan, using someone else identity, and being a thug does not bar one from becoming an MP.

Could be described as positives for any budding politicians these days ????

6 hours ago, dunroaming said:

<snip>

even if May get's her poisonous deal through next week.

In two other topics I have asked many of your fellow Brexiteers to explain the specifics of what they consider to be wrong with May's deal and with what they would replace them.

All bar one have either ignored the question, dodged it or made feeble excuses for not answering; one being that the person couldn't be bothered to read even a summery of what is in the deal!

Will you now grasp the nettle and answer the question?

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

In two other topics I have asked many of your fellow Brexiteers to explain the specifics of what they consider to be wrong with May's deal and with what they would replace them.

All bar one have either ignored the question, dodged it or made feeble excuses for not answering; one being that the person couldn't be bothered to read even a summery of what is in the deal!

Why dont you answer your own question ?

Also, what point are you trying to make by keeping asking the same question over and over again ?

If you are so clever , answer the question yourself and post your findings on here

12 hours ago, tebee said:

Are you confused by Brexit? Well brexit itself has become so confused by this whole damn mess it's had a self identity crisis and had to go to the therapist.

Brexit: Who am I? 
Therapist: Who would you like to be?
Brexit: I have no idea.
Therapist: How do you feel when you say that?
Brexit: Numb, like nothing matters anymore.
Therapist: And what does matter to you?
Brexit: I used to think it was immigration and sovereignty...

Therapist: And now?
Brexit: Now it's just about getting it done.
Therapist: Getting what done?
Brexit: Well, precisely.
Therapist: You've lost me.
Brexit: I have lost myself.
Therapist: I am here. You are here.
Brexit: And where are we?
Therapist: We're in the EU.

Brexit: I want out of here!
Therapist: The door is unlocked. You are free to leave.
Brexit: Without a deal?
Therapist: How do you feel about a deal?
Brexit: Do you want a deal?
Therapist: I want to know what you feel.
Brexit: I feel I want a deal.
Therapist: Which deal?
Brexit: You are not being fair to me.
Therapist: You sound disappointed.
Brexit: I sometimes think it's all your fault.
Therapist: I can see that.
Brexit: Who are you anyway?
Therapist: I am here for you.
Brexit: Where?
Therapist: In the EU

Brexit: The more you sound like my friend, the more confused I feel.
Therapist: Maybe it's not about me at all.
Brexit: Oh.
Therapist: Oh, you say.
Brexit: It's all I can say. I would like to ask the people, but I'm not allowed to.
Therapist: Who are the people, to you?
Brexit: The people are all I have really.
Therapist: You felt something when you said that, didn't you?
Brexit: Sadness maybe.
Therapist: Anything else?
Brexit: Loneliness even.17.4 million people, and I feel lonely!
Therapist: Lonely. Let's sit with that for a moment.

Brexit: I don't like where this conversation has taken us.
Therapist: And is that a bad thing?
Brexit: Yes. Can't we talk about Brexit?
Therapist: That's why we are here.
Brexit: Well forget what I said. I am not sad and lonely. Just a little confused.
Therapist: Confused.

Brexit: It was all meant to be so different. It was about democracy and freedom and going global with pride. It felt so, so...triumphant.
Therapist: You mentioned pride. Tell me about that.
Brexit: Well I saw myself as a vehicle for pride, a way to reclaim and channel it.
Therapist: And do you feel proud now?
Brexit: Not really.
Therapist: And triumph?
Brexit: No, that has been thwarted.
Therapist: What would you like to feel?
Brexit: I want to feel how I felt in the campaign.
Therapist: I see. And can you?
Brexit: No, that's over now.

Therapist: So there's plenty to explore. Sadness. Loneliness. Pride. A sense of thwarted triumph. And perhaps a need to come to terms with where we are.
Brexit: It's funny. They used to say Brexit means Brexit. As if I would know what they meant.
Therapist: But you don't?

Brexit: I hoped someone else would figure it out for me. Lots of people don't know who they are until society figures it out for them.
Therapist: So you have been waiting?
Brexit: I'm supposed to be the grown up - is that what you're saying?
Therapist: Do you want to be?

Brexit: I'm ready, but it feels like I have to become somebody else first.
Therapist: That might take time.
Brexit: We don't really have time.
Therapist: That's challenging.
Brexit: I'm British. I can handle a challenge.
Therapist: Is that way of thinking helpful for you?

Brexit: Are we not running out of time?
Therapist: Well, quite.
Brexit: So can I have some more time?
Therapist: I can only offer 50 minutes. You'll need to ask the EU.
Brexit: I don't want to. It makes me feel smaller and weaker.
Therapist: What's the alternative?

Brexit: Ok, I'll ask for more time. But they are going to want me to grow up. Can you help me with that?
Therapist: That's what I am here for, but ultimately that's up to you. 
Brexit: OK, so see you next week?
Therapist: Yes, and I'll probably see you before then, on TV.

Plagiarism shocking. Where did you get that nugget from. The student unions rag.

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Just my view.

My stance has always been UK get out deal or no deal.

The recent latest deal I know only had few tweaks to it and I cannot see why it wouldn't be accepted.

To me when I heard the house clowns cheer when it was mentioned about having another referendum it's just seems to me that many want to stay in the EU regardless of what the UK people and maybe their constituency voted for. 

As for the deal being excepted and UK gets out EU what does it matter whoever is Prime Minister down the line they can scrap it like Trump does, maybe his advice to her was get a deal EU and the house likes and get out.   

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/34/section/1
Although he has many convictions there is as I see it only one conviction that would bar him from standing and that is his 18 months for an insurance fraud as the 13 months for the contempt of court has been overturned and he is waiting a retrial on that.

Oh horrors. The arch villain must have defrauded millions or even billions to be sentenced to 18 months for insurance fraud. Maybe it was even worse than that, even something like a mortgage fraud to get such a stretch. Or it could have been politically motivated charges and sentencing, because he’s an enemy of the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The problems with the May/eu deal have been pointed out by media/lawyers and posters - I'm not sure how you have missed out on this?

Like most posters I'm getting tired of reading (and posting) the same arguments over and over again....

But once again, I'll point out that the most obvious example is that the May/eu deal leaves the uk reliant on the eu AGREEING that the Ireland border issues meet the eu's demands.....

In other words, they can refuse to agree for eternity....  Plus paying 39bn for the privilege of remaining, as the deal is BRINO.

Hopefully this answers your frequently repeated question.

22 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Oh horrors. The arch villain must have defrauded millions or even billions to be sentenced to 18 months for insurance fraud. Maybe it was even worse than that, even something like a mortgage fraud to get such a stretch. Or it could have been politically motivated charges and sentencing, because he’s an enemy of the state.

I do not think defrauding mortgage companies of £640,000 as a simple misdemeanor nor can anyone in their right mind say it was politically motivated.

Yesterday he lost his case against Cambridgeshire police for harassment...

The 36-year-old was at the pub with his children in August 2016 when a dispersal order was used.

He told Peterborough County Court he felt he was "targeted by police because of my beliefs", but an officer on duty that day said Mr Yaxley-Lennon was among a group of Luton fans in the pub who were identified by police as "risk" supporters.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-tommy-robinson-loses-harassment-14140649

He has convictions for football hooliganism related offences, should be banned from football grounds and being anywhere near one on match days.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

I (admittedly) know nothing about him, but believe that he is a violent, racist thug from the little I've read.

I gather he started in the BNP.....

Farage certainly thinks something similar, which is why he's started a new party.

He has convictions for football hooliganism related offences, should be banned from football grounds and being anywhere near one on match days.

Managed to defraud 640k from mortgage companies? Doesn’t ring true to me. That would have been quite an achievement. Does anybody ever come out on top against the lenders?
Hooligans banned from football grounds? There’d be nobody left on the pitch or terraces.

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

The problems with the May/eu deal have been pointed out by media/lawyers and posters - I'm not sure how you have missed out on this?

Like most posters I'm getting tired of reading (and posting) the same arguments over and over again....

But once again, I'll point out that the most obvious example is that the May/eu deal leaves the uk reliant on the eu AGREEING that the Ireland border issues meet the eu's demands.....

In other words, they can refuse to agree for eternity....  Plus paying 39bn for the privilege of remaining, as the deal is BRINO.

Hopefully this answers your frequently repeated question.

The UK has a debt of £39Billion arising from commitments the UK have made during the UK’s membership of the EU (these include Farage’s EMP pension).

Quit with this blatant lie that the payment of this debt has anything to do with anything other than commitments already made.

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Managed to defraud 640k from mortgage companies? Doesn’t ring true to me. That would have been quite an achievement. Does anybody ever come out on top against the lenders?
Hooligans banned from football grounds? There’d be nobody left on the pitch or terraces.

Proven in open court before a jury of his peers.

Get over it.

Get over it.

Was it really? I don’t believe you. Please give details of how much he ‘made’ from his fraud. Details of how too, because I could do with a few quid out of a mortgage company.
Help me over it.

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Was it really? I don’t believe you. Please give details of how much he ‘made’ from his fraud. Details of how too, because I could do with a few quid out of a mortgage company.
Help me over it.

He was convicted in an open court before a jury of his peers.

That your poster boy is a convicted fraudster is s matter of court record.

I don’t owe you an explanation of any more detail than that fact.

Get over it already.

27 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Get over it.

The fraud was that when he applied for a mortgage , he submitted false playslips to obtain a loan, a loan that he would have paid back had he received the loan 

Archived