British lawmakers overwhelmingly back Brexit delay

webfact

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, sanemax said:

Why dont you answer your own question ?

Also, what point are you trying to make by keeping asking the same question over and over again ?

If you are so clever , answer the question yourself and post your findings on here

The question I am asking your fellow Brexiteers is to expain the specifics of what you consider to be wrong with May's deal and with what you would replace them.

I keep asking it again and again because none of you have answered it; apart from one who gave part of an answer.

Indeed, you, yourself, twice asked me to post details of the deal and after I had done so for the second time said you couldn't be bothered to even read it!

How can you be against, or for, something of which you know nothing?

My answer to the question? As it's the best we arre going to get, short of cancelling Article 50 and remaining, then nothing. Were I offered the chance, I would vote to accept it.

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The fraud was that when he applied for a mortgage , he submitted false playslips to obtain a loan, a loan that he would have paid back had he received the loan 

paying it back, maybe if he could, but relying on a go fund me ponzi as income is a risk no lender will risk, and using fake documents is fraud, likewise with other fraud using someone else's passport.

I hope when he is retried he gets more than 13 months.

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

The recent latest deal I know only had few tweaks to it and I cannot see why it wouldn't be accepted.

Quite.

It's the best we are going to get, and infinitely better than leaving with no deal.

If the clown Corbyn had allowed his MPs a free vote, there is a high liklihood that it would have been passed.

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The question I am asking your fellow Brexiteers is to expain the specifics of what you consider to be wrong with May's deal and with what you would replace them.

I keep asking it again and again because none of you have answered it; apart from one who gave part of an answer.

Please stop asking me the same question over and over again .

I have no idea and I cannot be bothered to read the whole deal to make an opinion 

8 minutes ago, Basil B said:

paying it back, maybe if he could, but relying on a go fund me ponzi as income is a risk no lender will risk, and using fake documents is fraud, likewise with other fraud using someone else's passport.

I do believe that he was self employed and thus had no payslips to submit in order to obtain a loan 

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do believe that he was self employed and thus had no payslips to submit in order to obtain a loan 

surely he would of used his tax return details,although that would of been another fraud,your hero is a typical brit,a mouthy worky ticket wide boy,into wife beating footy hooliganism,reminds me of a soi 6 bar owner.

3 minutes ago, bomber said:

surely he would of used his tax return details,although that would of been another fraud,your hero is a typical brit,a mouthy worky ticket wide boy,into wife beating footy hooliganism,reminds me of a soi 6 bar owner.

Yes, I am sure you are quite familiar with Soi 6 bar owners , those places are of a lower class than a spoonies and attract an even lower class of patrons that spoonies attract

5 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

The problems with the May/eu deal have been pointed out by media/lawyers and posters - I'm not sure how you have missed out on this?

I haven't missed the opinions of many expressed in the press; but I am not asking members to repeat those; I am asking them to express their own opnions.

Some may have previously done so, but as I originaly said I may have missed these posts as due to familhy, socoal and work commitments I do not have the time to read each and every single post!

So why can those posters not repost their opinion?

Surely they are not all like sanemax and not have a eal opinion because they can't be bothered to read what is in the proposed deal?

Like most posters I'm getting tired of reading (and posting) the same arguments over and over again....

I'm sorry; but if you have a firm position I wouild have thlught that you would be prepared to state and defend it. But if you are tired of reading and posting the same arguments over and over again; then don't. It's your choice to participate; no one is forcing you to.

I am not critical of people who don't participate, what ever their reasons. I am critical of people who refuse to answer straight questions and when their opinions are challenged instead of defending them resort to childish insults.

I accept that there are Remainers here who do the same; but they are by far outnumbered by the Brexiteers.

But once again, I'll point out that the most obvious example is that the May/eu deal leaves the uk reliant on the eu AGREEING that the Ireland border issues meet the eu's demands.....

In other words, they can refuse to agree for eternity....  Plus paying 39bn for the privilege of remaining, as the deal is BRINO.

I agree that the Irish backstop is not perfect; but it is supposed to be a tempoary measure until the required technology is in place. Of course, I am well aware that there is nothing as permanent as a temporary measure!

As you refer to the media, I must assume that you are awrae that the EU has made several concessions already; subject to the agreement of both governments, the UK's and the RoI's.

Even the ERG are changing their view; not just on the backstop but on the whole deal: ERG signals it could back May's Brexit deal if legal advice is clearer.

But ok, you have answerd the first part of thequestion; how about answering the second.

With what would you replace the back stop?

£39billion is not for the privilige of remaoniong; it's to cover gthe costs of financial commitments already agreed to by the UK government. These incude the seperation payments and pensions to ber paid to British MEPs. Perhaps thay could reduce this bill by refusing to accept this money?

Do you not beleive that peoople should honour their financial commitments?

BRINO is a term oft bandied about. Perhaps you can explain why May's deal is such?

Did he get a loan and default then? In which case they would have repossessed the property and been quids in. Or was it no loan, so no fraud?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Doesn’t stack up does it? You’ve been taking your ‘facts’ from MSM again.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

34 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Please stop asking me the same question over and over again .

I have no idea and I cannot be bothered to read the whole deal to make an opinion 

Yet you can be bothered to agree with those who post on how bad it is!

For your own sake; stop being a sheeple mindlessly agreeing the opinions of others and start informing yourself so you can think for yourself!

8 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Yet you can be bothered to agree with those who post on how bad it is!

For your own sake; stop being a sheeple mindlessly agreeing the opinions of others and start informing yourself so you can think for yourself!

I havent agreed with people who have posted how bad the deal is though 

13 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Doesn’t stack up does it? You’ve been taking your ‘facts’ from MSM again.

From what I can gather , he submitted false payslips when applying for a mortgage .

Now , although thats illegal , a blind eye is usually turned .

The allegation is that the state wanted him in jail and they searched for a reason to do so .

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I havent agreed with people who have posted how bad the deal is though 

Really; you haven't even liked any of their posts?

I think we both know that you have!

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

From what I can gather , he submitted false payslips when applying for a mortgage .

The allegation is that the state wanted him in jail and they searched for a reason to do so .

the jury wanted him in jail,a democratic vote won the day,maybe you would like to see a re-run in case people/the jury now think different.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The UK has a debt of £39Billion arising from commitments the UK have made during the UK’s membership of the EU (these include Farage’s EMP pension).

Quit with this blatant lie that the payment of this debt has anything to do with anything other than commitments already made.

In which case, why have the details of how 39bn was calculated never been published?

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

He was part of a criminal gang. Tommy Robinson, former EDL leader, jailed for fraud

Also in the dock was Steven Vowles, 26, of Bushmead, Luton, who admitted conspiring with others to obtain a mortgage by misrepresentation and transferring criminal property.

He also admitted possessing 3.48 grams of cocaine with intent to supply and being concerned in the supply of class A drugs.

Lisa Moore, 28, of Silsoe, Bedfordshire, admitted conspiracy to obtain a mortgage by fraudulent misrepresentation.

Rothschild, 44, of Toddington, Bedfordshire, admitted four charges of conspiring to commit fraud by false representation.

A cousin of Robinson, Anjee Darcy, 31, of Hardwick Green, Luton, admitted two offences of conspiring to commit fraud by misrepresentation and false accounting.

Rothschild assisted Moore, Vowles and Darcy in their fraudulent applications by providing fake pay slips and income details

Fraud is fraud, and if discovered a blind eye is never turned.

Why are you defending this violent criminal?

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

One reason he got a longer sentence was that he already had a number of convictions.

It was a sophisticated fraud that involved a number of persons with sentences ranging from suspended and community service to 27 months so I hardly think he was singled out.

Yes, say a self employed got some one to print him out a few payslips might well get a way with a warning but this was a major fraud.

The only persons you are kidding is yourself...

The UK has a debt of £39Billion arising from commitments the UK have made during the UK’s membership of the EU (these include Farage’s EMP pension).

Quit with this blatant lie that the payment of this debt has anything to do with anything other than commitments already made.

If this is true, why have the calculations never been published?

Blatant lie?  So why have the calculations never been published?

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Indeed, you, yourself, twice asked me to post details of the deal and after I had done so for the second time said you couldn't be bothered to even read it!

How can you be against, or for, something of which you know nothing?

My answer to the question? As it's the best we arre going to get, short of cancelling Article 50 and remaining, then nothing. Were I offered the chance, I would vote to accept it.

I give up.

I explained (yet again) a couple of the things that were wrong with the eu/may deal - but you're still pretending that it's a mystery why anyone is against the deal....

14 minutes ago, Basil B said:

One reason he got a longer sentence was that he already had a number of convictions.

It was a sophisticated fraud that involved a number of persons with sentences ranging from suspended and community service to 27 months so I hardly think he was singled out.

Yes, say a self employed got some one to print him out a few payslips might well get a way with a warning but this was a major fraud.

The only persons you are kidding is yourself...

I am not kidding anyone , what I said was that in other similar situations, when other people do similar things , cases not involving him, they dont usually prosecute .

Yes, other people involved in this case with him may have been prosecuted , but many other people who have done similar things arent prosecuted , thats probably because the authorities dont do a thorough investigations in such matters involving other people

6 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Remind me, when does the latest eu budget end?  How much does the uk pay annually?

And then explain how they have arrived at a figure of 39bn, bearing in mind the uk would continue paying the eu during the transition period - if I understand correctly.

Archived