EU says UK must justify any Brexit delay

webfact

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You are possibly right as he speaks the truth. What a shame the other EU members don't have a Nigel Farage fighting their corner. The others seem to be happy to do as they are told.

The EU parliament are self serving anyway. I am glad Nigel Farage is there questioning them at every opportunity. Maybe after the MEP elections some other countries will find an MEP, who has a pair!

You continuously confuse being strong willed with being rude and discourteous. An all too common failing. I have no problem with Farage expressing his views. However, his discourtesy and rudeness reflects badly on the UK. Maybe it's his UKIP roots?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sanemax said:

It would be nice if you could stop telling everyone else that they are stupid

By no means everyone

I do tire of explaining the basics over and over again.

Making statements based on ignorance is at least unwise and may well be stupid as you say.

5 hours ago, watso63 said:

The troughing pigs in Westminster won't, can't or are unable to follow simple instructions given to them by the people they are duty bound to serve so please do the one decent thing EU and kick us out on 29 March. You won't of course but watch out in the upcoming EU elections if the delay keeps getting extended. Those parliamentary traitors voted for article 50, I hope come the next General Election every rotten MP from a leave constituency that voted against a no deal Brexit is booted out of office. 

"Too late" ... will be the cry. If A50 is extended by a year Brexit will die, people will vote to remain. And you can have a Brexit party ... and it can have a referendum ... and it will lose.

People like you talk as if the referendum result was 90% to 10%? It was very close and given the demographics in the UK in 2019 it will get kicked out ... more so in 2022. You are a dying breed, quite literally.

The problem is that if you take a winner takes all approach, fail to reach out to people who never voted leave, you get this type of resistance. I would have went along with May's deal and a transition. If we ended up with a Canada + so be it. But when I see right wing zealots try to force us into a no deal nightmare I no longer feel inclined to go along with this calamity. We are here because of the ERG and DUP, not remainers.

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

When the majority against May’s Deal has been 230 and 149, how can she persuade so many Brexiteer MPs to change their position if the surrender details do not substantially change? Threats and coercion have not worked so far.
Has Bercow decided a third vote on it will be allowed? Supposed to be impartial, he’s obviously pulling various tricks, but according to Erskine May rules he should not allow a second vote on her deal in this session.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Of course he will allow it ... 

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Well a public policy of tipping his beer over his head at every opportunity would be a start!

Is that how remainers define freedom of speech?

Here is what it is like to be interviewed by one of your intelligent remainers.???????? I don't know about you but when they are interviewing someone on tv from outside Westminster, does it ever ennoy you when a loadmoath tries to drown the interview with his shouting and bawling through their loadhailers now.

We know it's Chris Grayling, but doesn't everybody deserve to be heard, even if you don't agree with them?

2 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

"Too late" ... will be the cry. If A50 is extended by a year Brexit will die, people will vote to remain. And you can have a Brexit party ... and it can have a referendum ... and it will lose.

People like you talk as if the referendum result was 90% to 10%? It was very close and given the demographics in the UK in 2019 it will get kicked out ... more so in 2022. You are a dying breed, quite literally.

The problem is that if you take a winner takes all approach, fail to reach out to people who never voted leave, you get this type of resistance. I would have went along with May's deal and a transition. If we ended up with a Canada + so be it. But when I see right wing zealots try to force us into a no deal nightmare I no longer feel inclined to go along with this calamity. We are here because of the ERG and DUP, not remainers.

A second referendum would secure a win by a much bigger margin but that's enough of that. In the long term the best we can hope is that PR replaces FPTP and that cross party co-operation on EVERYTHING becomes the norm. Sadly this is unlikely to materialize for a a decade or three.

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Keep going Nigel, the UK government have been shown to not be up to the job.
What’s Princess Tony doing on his European travels? Is he obstructing the UK government or working against the UK people?

I thought you'd be too busy to post, given that your getting the party ready for 29 March 2019? Or is it postponed indefinitely?

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

I thought you'd be too busy to post, given that your getting the party ready for 29 March 2019? Or is it postponed indefinitely?

I'm still working on the lyrics for my gloat-dance ????

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

A second referendum would secure a win by a much bigger margin but that's enough of that. In the long term the best we can hope is that PR replaces FPTP and that cross party co-operation on EVERYTHING becomes the norm. Sadly this is unlikely to materialize for a a decade or three.

Yes. That's enough of that.

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

I had never heard of Farage until his helicopter bounced and have stated previously that I would never have bothered commenting publicly if it weren't for the vitriol of the other side.

Farage has said that he's working on securing a veto & frankly I hope he succeeds.

In some ways that might be a good thing ... as it will lead to the revocation of Article 50.

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

David Davis voted for Theresa May's EU deal the second time around. 

Yes but still resigned over the chequers deal. Your point exactly! Don't bother I know. Trying to discredit the man.

The point I made he was honorable that he resigned as Brexit minister as he believed her deal was crap.

45 minutes ago, vogie said:

Is that how remainers define freedom of speech?

Here is what it is like to be interviewed by one of your intelligent remainers.???????? I don't know about you but when they are interviewing someone on tv from outside Westminster, does it ever ennoy you when a loadmoath tries to drown the interview with his shouting and bawling through their loadhailers now.

We know it's Chris Grayling, but doesn't everybody deserve to be heard, even if you don't agree with them?

That's exactly the point. I do not appreciate rudeness and discourtesy no matter what their views are. 

19 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes but still resigned over the chequers deal. Your point exactly! Don't bother I know. Trying to discredit the man.

The point I made he was honorable that he resigned as Brexit minister as he believed her deal was crap.

I’ve never seen anyone as pleased to have found an excuse to escape the mess he himself helped create.

David Davis’ only contribution to the Brexit negotiations was to repeatedly turn up totally unprepared.

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

Nonsense from start to finish.

The Sun

The Mail

The Express

The Telegraph

all vehemently anti EU.

Enough of your lies.

The Guardian

The Times, (changed editor since 2016)

THE FT

THE ECONOMIST

The Mirror,

The BBC

Sky News

The Independent:cheesy:

Just to name a few.

REUTERS PRO EU

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

You continuously confuse being strong willed with being rude and discourteous. An all too common failing. I have no problem with Farage expressing his views. However, his discourtesy and rudeness reflects badly on the UK. Maybe it's his UKIP roots?

I find that that coming from you to be absolutely astounding.  Where is he rude? telling the unelected 5 presidents of the EU council who are you, who voted you in. He makes those EU council look like naughty boys who have been stealing from the apple tree and won't own up.

I get it you don't like him'. I do. But rude and discourteous. These are traits that many here feel belong to you.

3 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

Nigel once claimed that the EU parliament had declared war on the UK negotiations. Using his own logic , by asking foreign governments in the EU to go against the UK government request , is he not a traitor.

I looked up treason but in fact Farage is guilty of sedition. No matter, he'll get life. Wouldn't it be great for him to have his collar felt at LHR arrivals! ????

Farage has his firm place in the history of the European Parliament. He managed to insult all members (over 700) personally from all 28 coutries of the EU Parliament without exception.  "All EU parliamentarians are parasites who have never worked in their lives."
That nobody in the EU Parliament has any interest in working together with such an inflated howler monkey is clear.
A propagandistic self-promoter.
What he lacks is decency, respect and sincerity. 

If we are stitched up again, the EU can suffer the pleasure of Nigel’s observations for ever. They all desperately need, and fully deserve, the hometruths you call insults. Verhofstadt in particular should be forced to receive a large daily dose. His smarmy mug just deserves all it gets.
What Farage lacks is a front bench seat in the House of Commons.

10 hours ago, AlexRich said:

All they have to say is that it will make Nigel Farage cry ... and it will get approved.

He is a good speaker - met him a few times.

My dear late father was a rather committed UKIP member - UKIP was about to go down the pan with no funds - dear old Dad lent them £185000 - and saved the day. 

So don’t blame me - we don’t carry the sins of the father - but he did help a bit . 

29 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I looked up treason but in fact Farage is guilty of sedition. No matter, he'll get life. Wouldn't it be great for him to have his collar felt at LHR arrivals! ????

I bet you that will never happen, as he has not committed treason or sedition. He is a royalist and as the UK is a constitutional monarchy, no sedition at all. In fact he should be given a heroes welcome after securing a referendum against the establishment and elite. 

Sadly we need more like him in politics, who believe in their country, are patriotic and give passionate speeches for his countrymen.  Instead we have a bunch of self serving wind bags.  It makes me laugh when people go on about Farage, how he is in it, for himself. He has practically made himself redundant. How selfless is that.

8 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

My dear late father was a rather committed UKIP member - UKIP was about to go down the pan with no funds - dear old Dad lent them £185000 - and saved the day. 

So don’t blame me - we don’t carry the sins of the father - but he did help a bit . 

Interesting story ... did they pay him back? 

25 minutes ago, Loiner said:

If we are stitched up again, the EU can suffer the pleasure of Nigel’s observations for ever. They all desperately need, and fully deserve, the hometruths you call insults. Verhofstadt in particular should be forced to receive a large daily dose. His smarmy mug just deserves all it gets.
What Farage lacks is a front bench seat in the House of Commons.

So when I say all Brexiteers are uneducated and stupid, then comes the big outcry.

If Farage says all Eu politicians are parasites, that is ok then?

For the respectful dealing with politically different thinking people exists only one right measure.

57 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The Guardian

The Times, (changed editor since 2016)

THE FT

THE ECONOMIST

The Mirror,

The BBC

Sky News

The Independent:cheesy:

Just to name a few.

REUTERS PRO EU

so the majority think brexit is a farce,even the mirror had its thinking cap on for a change

29 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

was this your dad?

union jack fatty.jpg

Archived