EU says UK must justify any Brexit delay

webfact

18 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, I posted a link in this thread , page 8 , my post # 115 , about an hour ago .

The same link Vinny41 just posted, and as I said to him: the key phrase being "his suggestion he would fight for a second referendum......"

No denial there that he would want one in the event of a narrow Remain win!

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That is what the Mirror said , it wasnt what Nigel said .

It is what the Mirror reported him saying, and he has never denied it. Indeed, he confirmed it in the BBC article you and Vinny41 have linked to and quoted.

"Mr Farage denied that his suggestion he would fight for a second referendum would further stoke tensions in the Leave campaign."

His suggestion, not the Mirror's suggestion!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The key phrase being "his suggestion he would fight for a second referendum......"

The key phrase is this ""I'm not putting it on the agenda,  I don't want a second referendum - I want to win this one," he said.

Just now, vinny41 said:

The key phrase is this ""I'm not putting it on the agenda,  I don't want a second referendum - I want to win this one," he said.

Yes, he did say that; of course he wanted to win and of course if he did he would not want a second vote; no mattter how narrow the victory.

But he also said that a narrow win by Remain would be unfinished business and has never denied the Mirror saying that he told them he would want a second referendum in that circumstance. In fact, he confirmed it to the BBC!

8 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The same link Vinny41 just posted, and as I said to him: the key phrase being "his suggestion he would fight for a second referendum......"

It is what the Mirror reported him saying, and he has never denied it. Indeed, he confirmed it in the BBC article you and Vinny41 have linked to and quoted.

"Mr Farage denied that his suggestion he would fight for a second referendum would further stoke tensions in the Leave campaign."

His suggestion, not the Mirror's suggestion!

No, the Mirror interpreted that his "unfinished business" quote meant that he would call for another referendum .

The reality is that he said that he didnt want a second referendum .

Meanwhile...

You're all missing the key issues

There were, Are and will be many variations of Brexit.

None of these have even been discussed, let alone debated 

Why?

This exercise should have been done before A50 was enacted.

On who's authority did May put all her red lines in place? On who's authority did she give so many concessions without debate?

You see I am sure that a deal could have been negotiated which would give most people most of what they wanted.

Instead of wasting so much time on a deal that pleases no one we need a crossbench committee to look at the options and test these in parliament. 

I truely believe that that it is not beyond the wit of the HoC to come up with an equitable solution. May has right royally screwed up the whole thing and must be sacked forthwith. 

We we can then got on with work that should have been started 3 years ago 

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, the Mirror interpreted that his "unfinished business" quote meant that he would call for another referendum.

Then why has he never denied that interpretation?

Instead, he confirmed it to the BBC! ""Mr Farage denied that his suggestion he would fight for a second referendum would further stoke tensions in the Leave campaign."

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The reality is that he said that he didnt want a second referendum .

Only if Leave won, no matter how narrow the margin, or if remain won by a large margin such as two thirds to one third.

You can spin and cherry pick his words as much as you like; but the rteality is there for all to see; in links you provided!

19 minutes ago, Disaantri said:

So with all this blethering and bickering about Brexit, people have neglected to drink .......

"Wetherspoons profits down 19%"

Sales are actually up though , the diminishing profit is due to higher costs

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I don’t care what a dying breed of geriatrics, racists and islamaphobes do or say ... better to have it out in the open ... I might even get a plane home for a couple of weeks to join the counter protests ... and then I get the opportunity to punch a few of them in the face (not the geriatrics, obviously).

Yeah right. Another clown posted similar yesterday not realizing that i know who he is and that he's in his 70s! 

Please accept these to enable you to get some practice ????

Image result for paper bag

32 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Sales are actually up though , the diminishing profit is due to higher costs

higher costs,the worzel gummidge lookalike pays peanuts to his army of eastern european workers,when they all return profits will be down even further,the lazy benefit scroungings will be able to serve themselves, happy days,tommys EDL AGM should be a canny day out

8 minutes ago, bomber said:

higher costs,the worzel gummidge lookalike pays peanuts to his army of eastern european workers,when they all return profits will be down even further,the lazy benefit scroungings will be able to serve themselves, happy days,tommys EDL AGM should be a canny day out

I think Tim will be offering you a free beer for everytime you mention his company on this forum

• Costs, especially labour, increased by about £33million
  • However, revenue rose 7.1 per cent to £889.6million and like-for-like sales were up 6.3 per cent in the period
  • in terms of current trading, in the six weeks to March 10, like-for-like sales increased by 9.6 per cent and total revenue jumped 10.9 per cent, helped by good weather and favourable comparables.

7 minutes ago, bomber said:

you need to get out more and get them profits back up

just gotta wait till me dole cheque arrives , then dahn the barbers for a grade 1 , get a tattoo on my head , then dahn spoonies for a piss up

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

just gotta wait till me dole cheque arrives , then dahn the barbers for a grade 1 , get a tattoo on my head , then dahn spoonies for a piss up

tim will welcome you with open arms,get their ASAP before he starts slurring his words

9 hours ago, SheungWan said:

David Davis voted for Theresa May's EU deal the second time around. 

8 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes but still resigned over the chequers deal. Your point exactly! Don't bother I know. Trying to discredit the man.

The point I made he was honorable that he resigned as Brexit minister as he believed her deal was crap.

Voted for the deal some time after resigning.

12 hours ago, vogie said:

And how will they that, let his tyres down?

Stop his EU salary., and exspenses.  what a man of principles  .. the  Piped   piper , has lost his  audience. . 

He   will  be  remembered , as one  of the best chancers , in modern  British political History , 

Tory Bliar ,   a close  second .        Bonkers  third ,?? ,  you cannot be serious

JC,  has the charisma of a  boiled unsalted  cabbage . Destined for the early compost heaps.

should be ok for early red spuds , in  North  Islington , , discount for loonie  lefties , on  benefits ,

16 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Leave Timmy alone. Datsa maboy!

Quality faralang ,      we need more of his type  in the kingdom,  a spender of money..

Much more suitable , than keyboard  warriors  , who   reside on Forums.  and  contibute  nought

4 minutes ago, elliss said:

Quality faralang ,      we need more of his type  in the kingdom,  a spender of money..

Much more suitable , than keyboard  warriors  , who   reside on Forums.  and  contibute  nought

He's not a falang. You can tell by the shirt.

Well we see at least two defined groups of vote leavers, those that want out no deal,two fingers to the EU and those who want all the privileges of a club with paying the subs... neither of these two groups equates to anything like 50% of those who voted in the referendum...   

If Pm May is counting on bringing a 3th time her deal on the commons for vote ,and hoping that would succeed for the approval to get the E.U.'s extension , this old Erskine rule from H.O.C. could prevent her doing that ….:whistling:. depending how & if  John Bercow use his power as Speaker of the House  :tongue:

An old ereskine rule.rtf

47 minutes ago, david555 said:

If Pm May is counting on bringing a 3th time her deal on the commons for vote ,and hoping that would succeed for the approval to get the E.U.'s extension , this old Erskine rule from H.O.C. could prevent her doing that ….:whistling:. depending how & if  John Bercow use his power as Speaker of the House  :tongue:

An old ereskine rule.rtf 5.07 kB · 1 download

a 3rd failure and the EU give no extension up next is revoking A50,who will have the balls to get the ball rolling ????

4 minutes ago, bomber said:

a 3rd failure and the EU give no extension up next is revoking A50,who will have the balls to get the ball rolling ????

Bercow ….maybe , he can get his name in U.K. history  books :tongue:

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Bercow ….maybe , he can get his name in U.K. history  books :tongue:

I don't even think he would go that far ... would be amusing though. It looks like the DUP is looking for a reason to back May's deal. If they do then the ERG will follow. May might actually get her deal through.

7 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I don't even think he would go that far ... would be amusing though. It looks like the DUP is looking for a reason to back May's deal. If they do then the ERG will follow. May might actually get her deal through.

more money thrown at NI if it happens,to go with the GE bribe,brexieers i give you the UK you wanted that will be just like singapore and switzerland,the Falls Road 

Archived