Trump slams handling of Brexit by UK's May

webfact

5 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

Why would it be unfair? The people who voted the first time for Brexit would have the opportunity to confirm their commitment. However, if some of those who voted for Brexit the first time, have now changed their mind, because of all the implications they were not aware of at the time of the first vote, then the UK will remain in the EU.

It seems to me to be very fair to allow people to reconsider a decision that they later might realize was a bad decision.

Wow we have a smart one here, why would it be bad for another vote..Ok say they vote and overturn brexit then according to you it seems unfair to not let them have a say on the decision so in another 2 years they can have another referendum and they decide to go ahead with brexit but 2 years becomes too long so every year they have a referendum on brexit then every 6 months...where does it end?? Flipping and flopping between brexit and no brexit!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

If you don’t want to be called far-right, don’t be a far-right. 

If you don’t want to be called out for manipulation and lies, don’t manipulate and lie. 

Don’t be sad. 

I am still trying to work out if you have completely lost the plot, don't comprehend what I am saying or you are a complete windup merchant who thinks they are funny.

Either way not for serious and adult discussions. Maybe stick to watching the tellytubbies.

5 hours ago, riclag said:

The good old days when it's countries voted and it counted according to the rules and the loosing party accepted it and didn't demonize the winner or opposition

Yes, it was disgraceful the way the Republicans treated Obama and liberals.

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Once again Trump is 100% correct. It was handled so terribly, that many people including myself wonder if it was not intentional. Due to May and her cabinet being remainers, it was always going to be a huge ballsup. If Gerard Batten was PM we would have seen a proper Brexit like the one we voted for.

Thanks anyway Mr Trump, for highlighting how useless May has been. It's appreciated.

I've been wondering the same thing about the North Korean negotiations.

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Both democratically elected and won fair ans square and as much as the losers can't handle the truth they continue to cry like spoiled children. The constant argument and directive of those that won are uneducated, stupid and bullies really says a lot. 

Both have created a lot. Thankfully both Trump and Brexit was a democratic vote. As for havoc the only thing that has created havoc with Brexit is the remainers in parliament who just can't accept the decision. As for Trump. he will probably win a second term, so no doubt there will be more 'crying rooms' set up across the US, as people just can't accept democracy.

I refer the honourable gentleman to my comments about morons above.

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Both democratically elected and won fair ans square and as much as the losers can't handle the truth they continue to cry like spoiled children. The constant argument and directive of those that won are uneducated, stupid and bullies really says a lot. 

Both have created a lot. Thankfully both Trump and Brexit was a democratic vote. As for havoc the only thing that has created havoc with Brexit is the remainers in parliament who just can't accept the decision. As for Trump. he will probably win a second term, so no doubt there will be more 'crying rooms' set up across the US, as people just can't accept democracy.

The arguments against Trump are not about who voted for him, he after all did not poll the most votes.

Rather the point is the manipulation of the election by Russsia (proven) and any part Trump and his campaign team played in that manipulation.

That a number of the ‘players’ in the Russian attack on the US 2016 election also show up in and/or connected to the Brexit Leave campaign is cause for legitimate concern.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

"But I gave the prime minister my ideas on how to negotiate it and I think you would have been successful. She didn't listen to that, and that's fine. I mean ... she's got to do what she's got to do. But I think it could have been negotiated in a different manner, frankly."

same ideas he gave to the negotiators with North Korea? now we know why it fail

6 hours ago, shy coconut said:

Theresa May has given parliament 2 chances to vote on her proposals and if she doesn't

get the boot, may well give them another chance to change their minds.

but that's OK by brexiters the other way around as you mention it's not acceptable and they STILL call it democracy, if the referendum result is to our expectations then 1 vote it's acceptable... but the MP's didn't accept the deal, thus unacceptable...then 2, 3 or more votes will be required until they accept...., it's called one way street here not democracy

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The arguments against Trump are not about who voted for him, he after all did not poll the most votes.

I didn't say that it was democratic. No proportional representation there as in the UK, so you are manipulating what was said, yet again.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Rather the point is the manipulation of the election by Russsia (proven) and any part Trump and his campaign team played in that manipulation.

image.png.2b2d63ea7ae579d764c2952b640af521.png

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That a number of the ‘players’ in the Russian attack on the US 2016 election also show up in and/or connected to the Brexit Leave campaign is cause for legitimate concern.

Any excuse to try and discredit the democratic referendum. I assure you as I have said before I don't case what was said by whom. My vote and everyone I know had made their mind up way before any campaigning.

Besides that this constant try, in any form, to just accept that more people voted leave. Nobody likes sore losers and many on this board are the epitome of them. Time to man/woman up, accept the result and do what grown up people do and campaign for change, if thats what they want.

6 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Another great literary slander from the most precious one. I know I should feel honoured in you presence but I just do not. I am sure the Danes will take to you.

With your Irish hat on, what do you think about opening the Bloody Sunday hearings right now?

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Once again Trump is 100% correct.

Trump can invade Canada and turn all US military installations into Trump resorts and you'd still be there with your "Trump is 100% correct."  Your credibility is down in the negatives. 

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

With your Irish hat on, what do you think about opening the Bloody Sunday hearings right now?

As an ex soldier as you know, I am appalled that  a pensioner has been made a scapegoat for following orders, lawfully.  Especially when those unlawfully killers are walking the streets. A sham and a disgrace but that's another topic.

8 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

As an ex soldier as you know, I am appalled that  a pensioner has been made a scapegoat for following orders, lawfully.  Especially when those unlawfully killers are walking the streets. A sham and a disgrace but that's another topic.

Not a lawyer then.

Following orders is not a defense against criminal charges.

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

29 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I didn't say that it was democratic. No proportional representation there as in the UK, so you are manipulating what was said, yet again.

image.png.2b2d63ea7ae579d764c2952b640af521.png

Any excuse to try and discredit the democratic referendum. I assure you as I have said before I don't case what was said by whom. My vote and everyone I know had made their mind up way before any campaigning.

Besides that this constant try, in any form, to just accept that more people voted leave. Nobody likes sore losers and many on this board are the epitome of them. Time to man/woman up, accept the result and do what grown up people do and campaign for change, if thats what they want.

LG#1 ‘Both democratically elected and won fair ans square’

LG#2 ‘I didn't say that it was democratic.’

I suggest you change your password, somebody appears to have hacked it and is posting comments under your username  that make you appear irrational or worse.

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not a lawyer then.

Following orders is not a defense against criminal charges.

Where did I say it was a defence. I never. But it is not Blind Obedience either. Anyway if you want to open a thread on the subject do. I have noticed that you continually try to put words into peoples mouths, as they say.

Are you a car salesman!

7 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

It seems to me to be very fair to allow people to reconsider a decision that they later might realize was a bad decision.

Yes of course. And then reconsider it again, in case it was another bad decision. And then again. And again. Oh wait, it's 2022 but someone changed their mind about Brexit, let's hold another vote.

A lot of people take bad decisions in their lives, there is no rewind button.

4 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I am left wondering on what basis does Trump consider his "negotiating" prowess of any such merit so as to accept advice from?

Trump may make some silly comments but he is more cunning than a sh#thouse rat and far smarter than most credit him for.  He was the man that transformed NY from the dump it was becoming in the 70s.  Whilst a master of bankruptcy law (same as many other successful guys) I imagine he is more successful financially as a businessman than most of us here...renegotiating the mistake that NAFTA was on considerably more favourable terms for America in first 2 years almost single handledly on your own likely means he has considerably better skills than you or I.  Considering one country buys more than it sells with the EU May has handled things disastrously.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

"But I gave the prime minister my ideas on how to negotiate it and I think you would have been successful. She didn't listen to that, and that's fine. I mean ... she's got to do what she's got to do. But I think it could have been negotiated in a different manner, frankly."

maybe something like:

- first: attack with a heavy machine gun before the meeting even starts

- evaluate the damage done considering the response of the opponent  

- either retreat crawling as quickly as possible and try to minimize the first attack by claiming malicious fake news are responsible for the first statements you made

- if the first attack leaves the opponent unharmed, then continue attacking until you get an unconditional capitulation  ..

that's the vicious strategy Trump used when he went bankrupt threatening his creditors to lose everything if they refused to sign a substantial abandonment of assets

Trump can't negotiate in his own country so what makes him the one to give advice to May.

He doesn't read so how does he get his information not from his advisors because he doesn't listen to them and if he does he sacks them if he doesn't like what he hears. The MAN? has monumental problems at home in the US without trying to run the rest of the world. The " TWITTER TWIT " should focus on his and his families problems.

1 hour ago, theonetrueaussie said:

Wow we have a smart one here, why would it be bad for another vote..Ok say they vote and overturn brexit then according to you it seems unfair to not let them have a say on the decision so in another 2 years they can have another referendum and they decide to go ahead with brexit but 2 years becomes too long so every year they have a referendum on brexit then every 6 months...where does it end?? Flipping and flopping between brexit and no brexit!!

Two years is too short. You have a 5 year parliamentary term in the UK, don't you? Flipping and flopping between one party and another is normal democracy.

If, after returning to the EU, things became worse rather than better over a period of several years, then at the next elections in the UK, a particular party could campaign on the grounds that they would hold another referendum. If the majority of the public wanted another referendum, then presumably that party would get in power and hold another referendum. That's democracy.

However, it would be very foolish to have another referendum, say 5 or 10 years down the track, without sorting out the problems that are causing so much confusion and indecision at present, with regard to the Irish border. I'm rather puzzled that Irish border problem was not addressed at the time of the first referendum.

6 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

Message to Trump

Mind your own bloody business. The UK may be a mess but it's nothing whatever to you with you.

The thing is that May's team did follow Trump's negotiating strategy. Go in ill-prepared with little knowledge of the issues.

23 minutes ago, andytime said:

Trump may make some silly comments but he is more cunning than a sh#thouse rat and far smarter than most credit him for.  He was the man that transformed NY from the dump it was becoming in the 70s.  Whilst a master of bankruptcy law (same as many other successful guys) I imagine he is more successful financially as a businessman than most of us here...renegotiating the mistake that NAFTA was on considerably more favourable terms for America in first 2 years almost single handledly on your own likely means he has considerably better skills than you or I.  Considering one country buys more than it sells with the EU May has handled things disastrously.

Financially successful? If he would have invested the money he started with he would have had much more than he now claims he has. And that claim is very, very likely highly exaggerated.

New NAFTA better for the US? Many of the experts disagree with you, what is your claim based on?

Archived