Trump slams handling of Brexit by UK's May

webfact

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

That's because Brexit means Brexit.

Southern Ireland is a separate, autonomous country, isn't it. Northern Ireland is part of the UK. Did no-one raise the issue during the first referendum that a border and customs control would be required between Northern and Southern Ireland if Britain were to leave the EU, and that, since the Irish don't want a border, this could be an unsolvable problem?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

Southern Ireland is a separate, autonomous country, isn't it. Northern Ireland is part of the UK. Did no-one raise the issue during the first referendum that a border and customs control would be required between Northern and Southern Ireland if Britain were to leave the EU, and that, since the Irish don't want a border, this could be an unsolvable problem?

None of the problems was mentioned. Also what brexit entails was explained differently by different people.

So all in all nobody knew exactly what they voted for, and nobody knew exactly what the consequences of their vote would be.

4 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Trump and Brexit, a dream team. Both are bullies that lied themselves into the heads of the losers and uneducated, supported by Russian troll machines and manipulation software. Both don’t achieve anything than creating havoc and will ultimately fail. 

Losers were the remainers. Or are you too uneducated to grasp that fact?

1 minute ago, Becker said:

The losers are everyone in the UK if this Brexit idiocy is ever implemented.

An opinion from the losing side in the referendum I suppose, with the "I" word added in yet again for effect. 

31 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

I'm rather puzzled that Irish border problem was not addressed at the time of the first referendum.

It wasn't addressed as it was an EU made up factor to keep the UK locked to the EU or even try and split the UK apart.

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2018/1019/1005373-backstop-tony-connelly/

"The backstop was born on 8 November 2017."

https://www.express.co.uk/videos/6007741469001/Brexit-Barnier-said-backstop-was-unimplementable-says-IDS

5 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Once again Trump is 100% correct. It was handled so terribly, that many people including myself wonder if it was not intentional. Due to May and her cabinet being remainers, it was always going to be a huge ballsup. If Gerard Batten was PM we would have seen a proper Brexit like the one we voted for.

Thanks anyway Mr Trump, for highlighting how useless May has been. It's appreciated.

May has constantly been called useless but nobody else has actually come up with a firm plan.

Fantasies are all very well but it became apparent very early on that our demands ( by leave negotiators Davis and Fox ) were not going to be met.

In short Farage said that the UK held the aces and the EU would soon fold . He was well wide of the mark , we held very little and the EU played hardball from the start.

In what posaible way could Batten have got a better deal , threaten to send in Tommy Robinson with some of his thugs and half a dozen baseball bats ?

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

We might have a different definition of the term loser. To me it doesn’t look like “the remainers” are losing. If anything, the whole UK is losing.  

You might possibly see that I was referring to the referendum result. But maybe not. Of course, after that, the losers, led by most of government and parliament, have been trying to overturn referendum result. This deviousness is not really a surprise.

3 minutes ago, Becker said:

Yes, of course it's an opinion. What's your point?

My point is that remainers typically and regularly feel the need to air their views with language that insults those with the opposite opinion. 

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I will translate your post again. I disagree with someone I will call them far right. A democratic vote which I lost in, so I will stamp my feet and scream saying it was all manipulated and based on lies. This will make me feel better and justified

It seems to be the norm these days sadly.

Well the Brexit argument was clearly based on lies ( or at the very least hugely optimistic statements)

It is now established as a fact that the EU has played hardball and stuck to its guns , it didn't roll over as Farage said it would , no amount of spin can disguise that.

1 hour ago, VincentRJ said:

nobody said sh.. during the first referendum because if they had said anything about the potential financial crisis or land border with Ireland there wouldn't have been a referendum, Boris, Nigel and company had absolutely no intent of telling the truth on the referendum or at any other time, much easy to start the fire and run away, unfortunately some brexiters can't open their eyes and see the truth or the lies

12 minutes ago, nauseus said:

My point is that remainers typically and regularly feel the need to air their views with language that insults those with the opposite opinion. 

Unfortunately true, just as the brexiteers feel the need to insult others.

34 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You might possibly see that I was referring to the referendum result. But maybe not. Of course, after that, the losers, led by most of government and parliament, have been trying to overturn referendum result. This deviousness is not really a surprise.

Mays proposed deal supports the referendum result , it delivers Brexit , where is the deviousness ?

We seem to have reached an interesting point where it is becoming clear that the people ( the UK electorate ) want Brexit but the politicians are opposed.So who really runs the country - the people or the politicians ?

This is not the first time this question has come up - During the run-up to the invasion of Iraq,most people were against it but it went ahead anyway based on lies and misinformation.

6 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Well the Brexit argument was clearly based on lies ( or at the very least hugely optimistic statements)

It is now established as a fact that the EU has played hardball and stuck to its guns , it didn't roll over as Farage said it would , no amount of spin can disguise that.

Maybe they had just done a J C Juncker masterclass in it.

quote-when-the-going-gets-tough-you-have-to-lie-jean-claude-juncker-91-77-40.jpg

6 minutes ago, persimmon said:

We seem to have reached an interesting point where it is becoming clear that the people ( the UK electorate ) want Brexit but the politicians are opposed.So who really runs the country - the people or the politicians ?

This is not the first time this question has come up - During the run-up to the invasion of Iraq,most people were against it but it went ahead anyway based on lies and misinformation.

No, it is not clear what the people want.

The only thing that is clear is that some time ago a small majority voted brexit. What they want now we don't know, and if they want a brexit it is not clear what kind of brexit they want.

Trump may make some silly comments but he is more cunning than a sh#thouse rat and far smarter than most credit him for.  He was the man that transformed NY from the dump it was becoming in the 70s.  Whilst a master of bankruptcy law (same as many other successful guys) I imagine he is more successful financially as a businessman than most of us here...renegotiating the mistake that NAFTA was on considerably more favourable terms for America in first 2 years almost single handledly on your own likely means he has considerably better skills than you or I.  Considering one country buys more than it sells with the EU May has handled things disastrously.
"May have made some silly comments" ? Come on! The man's an unhinged idiot! A lunatic!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I trust you mean some remainers , just as some Brexiters do exactly the same. So your point is moot and simply illustrates your bias.

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

As an ex soldier as you know, I am appalled that  a pensioner has been made a scapegoat for following orders, lawfully.  Especially when those unlawfully killers are walking the streets. A sham and a disgrace but that's another topic.

Nice to agree on something!

There should be a statute of limitations 

The timing is, of course, dreadful.

12 minutes ago, persimmon said:

The electorate voted for Brexit ,

May's plan ;

Delivers Brexit , including leaving the customs union. In addition she has constantly rejected a second referendum and stressed the need to stick to the end of March deadline.

It seems to me that the haters are objecting because their personal Brexit wishlist is not being met. Given that at no point in the pre referendum run up , was there any clarification of exactly Brexit would entail , these objections seem ludicrous.

Seriously Brexit folk , what is the problem , what are you complaining about ?

31 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No, it is not clear what the people want.

The only thing that is clear is that some time ago a small majority voted brexit. What they want now we don't know, and if they want a brexit it is not clear what kind of brexit they want.

I bet you love the Spice Girls.

28 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

I trust you mean some remainers , just as some Brexiters do exactly the same. So your point is moot and simply illustrates your bias.

I am biased against remainers who win the vote for initiating abuse far more often than leavers. That's my point. 

Archived