BANGKOK 18 March 2019 23:41
webfact

Prayut ‘qualified’ to run for PM

4 hours ago, webfact said:

She asked that if Prayut were not a state servant, how was he able to exercise absolute power under Article 44.

Because the state serves him.  He is an autocrat and an idiot, not a democratic soldier. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut only met two of the four criteria – he worked full-time for the authorities under the law and was paid for his job.

since this is the ombudsman nitpicking, I'd like to correct this statement

Prayut only meets one of the four criteria: he gets paid for what he is doing or not doing.

He does not work full-time for the authorities under the law, the authorities work full-time for him under his law.

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Monty Python couldn't make this up.

Ronnie Corbett couldn't make this up.

Jerry Seinfeld couldn't make this up.

Louis CK couldn't make this up.

Jimmy Carr couldn't make this up.

Kevin Hart couldn't make this up.

Amy Schumer couldn't make this up.

Michael Macintyre couldn't make this up.

Is Prayut the greatest comedian of all time?

3 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

Sure! Like Stephen Hawking was fit to run a marathon

Yes, Grumbleweed. But don't forget that Stephen Hawking diligently and assiduously studied under Prayut. Prayut taught Hawking all he knew, and Hawking frequently acknowledged the huge intellectual, scholarly and cosmic debt he owed to the 'PM'.

Did you not know this?!!!

9 hours ago, neeray said:

Yes, but I want to know who the XXXX made it up for him (don't tell me WATCH man).

There's just been too much wrangling and manipulation done to  guaranty a leadership position of a government that is made to look like a democracy but isn't !

From what I've heard and read, Prayut doesn't have the were with all to be the principal architech of such a devious scheme.

Mate, I agree. But perhaps we need to be a bit more discrete.

I was warned by a moderator to tone down my prejudice.

I live in Thailand and I find myself in constant agreement with the locals. But we are being monitored

• Like 1

For people on the forum (Not this thread necessarily) stating that "In other countries, the PM's allowed to run for elections etc. Why are state officials not allowed to run etc." Just a reminder: The original "Outsider PM" nonsense was brought about because the "Law" stated that members of the current NCPO were not allowed to compete in elections or hold a position in the new parliament. That is why the issue of Prayuth being a "state official" or "public figure" matters. It also show what a goldfish memory this country has.

On 3/15/2019 at 3:37 AM, webfact said:

Meanwhile, the Future Forward Party was cleared of dissolution threats yesterday after the EC decided that the “false” information about its leader was not enough evidence to show the party was breaking the law.

There is some hope!

21 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Seizing power by force is perfectly constitutional here then🤔

One only has to look at Uganda - Museveni seized power in 1986 and 33 years later is still president.  From being a poor cattle farmer to a net worth of US$4 billion - politics pays big dividends!

Hardly qualified as he hasn't been elected to any position in his life. A village headman is more legit to run that this ill-tempered killjoy.