Northern haze ‘must be on national agenda’

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

True.

It was either this or this..nothing ever seemed to change.

That's the sun by the way..

DSCN0596.JPG

DSCN0887.JPG

DSCN0883.JPG

May I just say that I suspect that that is not my son or daughter in your second or third photos.

What you have in the 3rd photo is apathy to river, drainage, canal, in fact any water drainage system to pollution.

Not about this post but totally factual.

Returning back to Thailand from Laos in Jan, I saw the sun disappear a full fist from the horizon.

That is if you hold your arm out straight and measure the distance from the land to the event.

Sorry, that is an army distance calculation but it works. Either way, pollution in Thailand is out of control.

And no one in Thailand has the knowledge or the will to change a thing, to educated to provide solutions to ever want to address the issue. TIT.

28 minutes ago, CGW said:

Nonsense and not true, why bother making up "facts" like this?

Maybe you live in La La land and not the real world.

Maybe you should try to change the outcome and not reality.

Tell me one country that does not burn sugar cane.

It is silly attitudes like yours that will never change the way things are done, not your platitudes and false claims.

On 3/16/2019 at 5:00 PM, Puwa said:

The increase in the last 10-15 years comes from contract farming of corn for animal feed and ethanol. 

http://www.jittraponkaicome.com/smoke-crisis

http://smokethedocumentary.com

One more, in Thai:

http://www.sarakadee.com/blog/oneton/?p=1717

"Maize: The cause of Deforestation, Drought, and Air Pollution," by Wanchai Tantawittayapitak

18 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

May I just say that I suspect that that is not my son or daughter in your second or third photos.

What you have in the 3rd photo is apathy to river, drainage, canal, in fact any water drainage system to pollution.

Not about this post but totally factual.

Returning back to Thailand from Laos in Jan, I saw the sun disappear a full fist from the horizon.

That is if you hold your arm out straight and measure the distance from the land to the event.

Sorry, that is an army distance calculation but it works. Either way, pollution in Thailand is out of control.

And no one in Thailand has the knowledge or the will to change a thing, to educated to provide solutions to ever want to address the issue. TIT.

Yes,after 10 years the apathy got me down along with the mythic storytelling in response to any pragmatic questioning whatsoever.

On 3/18/2019 at 10:04 AM, Odysseus123 said:

Yes,after 10 years the apathy got me down along with the mythic storytelling in response to any pragmatic questioning whatsoever.

Yes mate.

It is hard to quantify exactly how far Thai culture exists in "purity".

Young people no longer attend the Wat, it is filled with old people and sometimes my wife and I. At 65, I am a youngster.

I am at a loss to say, rural people know they are being screwed. But a million police and a million military make all the discontent be made in whispers

Archived