Tour bus driver loses head, 34 injured, family in lucky escape in horror smash

webfact

51 minutes ago, Chang_paarp said:

Readily available. They look like glasses that monitor eyes to check blink rate, which is a precursor to falling asleep. An alarm sounds when the wearer starts to nod off.

Would you not need half a brain for that to work?

11 hours ago, edwinchester said:

"The head of driver Attaphon Ekkapong, 38, from Ubon had come loose and fallen down in the bus."

The death of anyone deserves better reporting than this crap.

Accurate though.

19 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Like why? Because its graphic? Thats what the Thai reading public wants and expects.

As to the incident itself, about 20 years ago or so I was in a place called Pump Station in Pattaya and talking to a young, very articulate in English gal from Udon who told me never to ride the Night Busses as they are dangerous. Ive always followed that advice. When I go anywhere here, its one of 4 choices:

1. Fly 

2. Train

3. Day Bus

4. Minivan/Car

or Stay home.

do you have some kind of mental disorder, mate ? 

The bus had left Mo Chit at 9.30 and probably headed up Vibhavadi Rangsit Road onto Pahonyothin Hwy 1 to the junction with Hwy 2 Mitraphap at Saraburi. I haven't driven that route for many years but it's not much more than roughly 2 hours max for a bus. 
Why was he unfit to drive 2 hours after leaving the Bangkok terminal?
The same as nearly every driver I get off AOT from Suvarnabhumi is falling asleep taking me home, they dont seem to have shift patterns they just sleep at the terminal when they can between rides

Scares the crap out of me every time....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

The bus had left Mo Chit at 9.30 and probably headed up Vibhavadi Rangsit Road onto Pahonyothin Hwy 1 to the junction with Hwy 2 Mitraphap at Saraburi. I haven't driven that route for many years but it's not much more than roughly 2 hours max for a bus. 

Why was he unfit to drive 2 hours after leaving the Bangkok terminal?

Dead right, exactly what I was thinking. I reckon he was likely wide awake and just plowed into the back of the truck. 

These drivers should be alcohol and drug tested before each journey.

3 hours ago, mr PPG said:

do you have some kind of mental disorder, mate ? 

Clearly I do as every experienced member here well knows. Was it that obvious from my post? Usually I  add inarticulate syllables to simulate my normal grunting and drooling, but I forgot, so your perception and brilliant analysis will long fascinate the world.

Hey so whats your disorder other than pretending you are Dr. Phil?

On 3/15/2019 at 4:31 PM, Paul Henry said:

If you fly a passenger plane there are strict controls on the pilot, in many countries on a long distance bus there are two drivers plus logs plus computor monitors to keep check of drivers and the bus. With the pay rates in Thailand surely they could afford two drivers. I realise to ask a Thai bus driver to keep true and accurate log book is a pipe dream at least two drivers MAY reduce the terrible record of Thai long distance buses.

According to the article there was a "co-driver"....but he was sleeping too.

Archived