Why all the hate and bad feeling towards other people?

BritManToo

I'm always reading posts where people are wishing harm on others, foreigners hating Thais, foreigners hating other foreigners.

They are constantly calling for jail/injury/deportation for every offence, from the trivial to the unspeakable.

This is not posters complaining or venting, but actually wanting another human being to be harmed in some way.

So why do so many posters want other people harmed?

Is it mental illness, a character fault, or simply the way the world's moving?

The forums are becoming filled with such posts.

Like all the other topics on this subject you will no doubt get many hate filled responses.  I don’t think there is a definitive answer to your question, however.  Alcohol, mental health, personality disorders, the nature of  anonymous forums, social trends and probably a myriad of other things play a part in what you observe.

I am also for deportation of violent foreigners and drunk (stoned) drivers. 

That is not wanting to see others harmed, its about getting rid of people who can't behave.

I think its a sign that people are being fed up with bad behaviour. 

I hate nobody, just dislike behaviour like drunk (or high) driving, violence and so on. There are enough violent Thais and drunk Thais do we really need crap foreigners too.

I don't have a problem with people stoned or drunk out of their mind when they behave. 

1. Some folks are sitting in Mommy basement trying to shock.

2. Some folks get caught up in the Mob syndrome, sort of like pitchforks and rhubarbrhubarbrhubarb while running to the Old Windmill chasing the Barons creation.

3. Some folks truly believe in breaking on the wheel and hot pincers as the answer.

4. Some folks are just idiots.

5. Some folks are just haters.

Answer is simple . They are miserable and wish it upon everyone else.

why should anyone else live a life and experience good and bad when they can not .

personally I am greatful for having being arrrested and gone through Thai jail and legal system , as I have learned a lot.

while it was not the cheapest experience but very educational and an eye opener, all part of living not reading about it.

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

why should anyone else live a life and experience good and bad when they can not .

personally I am greatful for having being arrrested and gone through Thai jail and legal system , as I have learned a lot.

while it was not the cheapest experience but very educational and an eye opener, all part of living not reading about it.

It would not be something I want to experience, what did you get done for.

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

It would not be something I want to experience, what did you get done for.

That’s the difference between you and me, I enjoy new experiences no matter good or bad. Naturally I would not want to do it again but do not regret having gone through it.

you see the usual crap about Thai jails yet how many has seen or been in Thai jail. You see the crap about Thai courts, yet how many have experienced Thai courts?

i did a post on my experience some 9 months ago, was administrative “law breaking” but treatment and process same as hardcore criminal , chains and all ????

1 minute ago, BestB said:

That’s the difference between you and me, I enjoy new experiences no matter good or bad. Naturally I would not want to do it again but do not regret having gone through it.

you see the usual crap about Thai jails yet how many has seen or been in Thai jail. You see the crap about Thai courts, yet how many have experienced Thai courts?

i did a post on my experience some 9 months ago, was administrative “law breaking” but treatment and process same as hardcore criminal , chains and all ????

Yes we are different and if you enjoyed it i can only say that it was not the purpose of jail.

I have not been in a Thai jail, i did experience Thai courts though a Thai friend who now is a lawyer. So i have my idea's about it. 

I might have read your post and forgot about it. There are many things I don't consider a crime. But violence and endangering others (drunk driving for instance) get me angry. Especially as any of us can encounter an idiot that puts us in harms way.

7 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

fascism is in vogue now.

summary executions for traffic offenses would be a start when I am elected Maximum Leader.

Only "Maximum Leader"?

I would go for a far more impressive title, especially when being addressed:

"Good Morning Your Most High and Overwhelming Puissant Majestic God, we have several executions for today, would Your Most Extreme Leader and Dispenser of Justice, Grace and Plenty like tea first?"

Maximum Leader indeed. Wimp. I hate you. Off with your Head! 

Its a function of social media.  It has provided an outlet for all the anonymous ranting and raving that people seem to find amusing, or just an outlet for their inbuilt anger.  TV is no different to all the other media outlets. Its also the human condition.  Humans are just not a nice friendly species. Try to imagine a tribe of angry gorillas on social media and you have it about right.  

8 minutes ago, Essex Reject said:

Do you really not have anything better to do, I mean how bored are you??

Been playing on the Xbox360, but I feel (sea) sick after a few hours of play (Dead Space), so I have to do something else.

There's only so much drinking/playing I can do in a day, kids not back from school until after 5pm.

The news section is particularly bad for the 'ill wishing' of other human beings.

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes we are different and if you enjoyed it i can only say that it was not the purpose of jail.

I have not been in a Thai jail, i did experience Thai courts though a Thai friend who now is a lawyer. So i have my idea's about it. 

I might have read your post and forgot about it. There are many things I don't consider a crime. But violence and endangering others (drunk driving for instance) get me angry. Especially as any of us can encounter an idiot that puts us in harms way.

Well I can tell you my crime would not be considered as crime in any other country in the world, but it’s still part of experience.

in every bad situation there is something to be gained. Was jail fun? Of course not, was it as bad as some clueless make it out to be ? Far from it.

thai cops are by far more friendly than western cops. Thai judges are by far more sympathetic than western judges. 

Can tell you in my case, because I did not have a lawyer and did not request an interpreter and spoke myself I gained points with the judge, some words came out wrong and yet all people in the court room helped to correct me, so much for myth for Thai hating foreigners.

in jail, Thai shared their drinkd and food with me , so again there goes the myth of hate, mind you food and drinks are rather in short supply in jail.

cut story short, usual good behaviour for even a Thai was 150000 baht , mine was only 60 000

as I said , you learn from it ????

7 minutes ago, BestB said:

Well I can tell you my crime would not be considered as crime in any other country in the world, but it’s still part of experience.

in every bad situation there is something to be gained. Was jail fun? Of course not, was it as bad as some clueless make it out to be ? Far from it.

thai cops are by far more friendly than western cops. Thai judges are by far more sympathetic than western judges. 

Can tell you in my case, because I did not have a lawyer and did not request an interpreter and spoke myself I gained points with the judge, some words came out wrong and yet all people in the court room helped to correct me, so much for myth for Thai hating foreigners.

in jail, Thai shared their drinkd and food with me , so again there goes the myth of hate, mind you food and drinks are rather in short supply in jail.

cut story short, usual good behaviour for even a Thai was 150000 baht , mine was only 60 000

as I said , you learn from it ????

I never thought that Thais hated foreigners, but your right many on the forum think they do. I have always had quite good experiences with Thais. Sure I have been cheated, but same happened in the west. I hate immigration but who does not.

Anyway good on you to see things in a positive light.

What's with the psychoalazinng of members questions latley? as if anyone really knows why is this or that and we don't have our daily issues to deal with already..... can see the purpose of such frivolous posts really...

Some possible reasons on hating - bad feelings towards others:

The religiously brainwashed. Religion breeds hated, bigotry, and violence.  (for all too many devotees) 

Political fanaticism: in the USA where I am from people that are politically far right and far left seem to want to cause actual harm to one another also.

Veterans - PTSD 

We live in a country where it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to show hate in public.  Hold your tongue, smile, smile again, relax, this is not your country.  Oh, your house just fell apart, bad pollution, food poisoning and your new shoes fell apart after walking one km...... mai bpen rai.

BUT on the internet farang versus farang....  it's game on!!!!!!   

5 minutes ago, puukao said:

We live in a country where it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to show hate in public.  Hold your tongue, smile, smile again, relax, this is not your country.  Oh, your house just fell apart, bad pollution, food poisoning and your new shoes fell apart after walking one km...... mai bpen rai.

BUT on the internet farang versus farang....  it's game on!!!!!!   

Thats why its game on. All that frustration walking around. Cant wait to get home and let it all out on Thaivisa 555

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Interesting, did you post your experience anywhere, i would love to read about it .

1 hour ago, Essex Reject said:

Do you really not have anything better to do, I mean how bored are you??

And no, I don;t hate you.

I am doing laundry and waiting for it to dry.  So I have some extra time waiting for towels to dry. 

What happened to me is, I posted a solution to recover a lost computer maintenance program.  1.  I was told I was stupid for using the program. 2. I was told the people who wrote the program were bad people.  3 I was really raked over the coals for not buying my wife an SSD drive in the new laptop that I bought her (nothing to do with my OP). 

It's like there attack dogs waiting for any poster who is trying to be a good Samaritan and they attack him.  If you defend yourself, like "go to the doctor if you have dengue fever" a hoard of experts jump on you and tell you why dengue fever is not dangerous and you are a terrible person for suggesting someone go to the doctor if they contract it. 

Defending yourself is classified as bickering.  Attacks are OK but defense is bickering.  No one ever looks at who starts the attacks and the poor good Samaritan is overwhelmed by people name calling and accusing him of bickering.

I've been here for 20 years and never had a problem with Immigration nor have any immigration rules changed for me.  Whoaa!!!!! That makes me a pariah.  A social outcast.  In the minority and should be shot by firing squad.  But even not having Immigration problems is dwarfed by the fact that I rescue Soi Dogs.  Now that'll get you tarred and feathered.  

I love my wife and we have no problems.  We're happy.  Another black mark against me I know. 

tow.jpg

1 hour ago, puukao said:

We live in a country where it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to show hate in public.

I don't wish harm on anyone.

If I don't like anyone or something they're doing, I can just turn around and walk away.

(except maybe for the villagers burning down the forests around Chiang Mai, can't really escape what they're doing)

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

What's with the psychoalazinng of members questions latley? as if anyone really knows why is this or that and we don't have our daily issues to deal with already..... can see the purpose of such frivolous posts really...

I agree.  Please send all of your posts to me before you post them and I'll make a determination if it has purpose and is frivolous or not.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

So why do so many posters want other people harmed?

Best not make any threats to Kwacka's I've been accused of posting like he who is known. ????

"They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen."

Archived