Why all the hate and bad feeling towards other people?

BritManToo

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The news section is particularly bad for the 'ill wishing' of other human beings.

You mean the place where folks try to justify their philosophically murderous ideology via a torrent of insults towards those deplorable, stupid, ignorant, privileged, racists who do not subscribe to their group think? I like to call it the CNN section.

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

t's like there attack dogs waiting for any poster who is trying to be a good Samaritan and they attack him.

Is that your towel? Horrible taste! What hind of adult male uses a towel like that? You gone native have you? Maybe you should wake up and smell the fish sauce, those cute little Thai towels are simply symbolic of the rot, filth and degradation of this once fine country. I for one am not going to stay in a nation where cartoon towel abusers like you arent dragged from your home and shot on the spot. Im heading to the Sanjak of Novii Pazar, its cheap there.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

I never thought that Thais hated foreigners, but your right many on the forum think they do. I have always had quite good experiences with Thais. Sure I have been cheated, but same happened in the west. I hate immigration but who does not.

Anyway good on you to see things in a positive light.

I don't think that 'normal' Thais hate foreigners, I just think that they don't care about them one way or the other. The elite however are a different matter, they are filled with misplaced arrogance and naked jealousy.   

Just now, Pilotman said:

I don't think that 'normal' Thais hate foreigners, I just think that they don't care about them one way or the other. The elite however are a different matter, they are filled with misplaced arrogance and naked jealousy.   

Thai elite's go to school with Farang in foreign countries and marry them many elite Thais have been born and live in other countries like America and Germany and Switzerland. 

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Thai elite's go to school with Farang in foreign countries and marry them many elite Thais have been born and live in other countries like America and Germany and Switzerland. 

They are not the ones I am referring to. 

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

They certainly are elites.  What elites are you referring to?  Trump is rich and he is xenophobic. Many rich Thai people are xenophobic and many are not. 

The ones in authority and positions of influence and power in Thailand itself, both commercial, social and political. I would have thought that was obvious from my post and the posts from others that preceded it; clearly not.  

As long as you've got your basic needs met (food, shelter, water, optional clothing), the thin veneer of "civilization", is barely held in place by external influences such as fear of punishment (the law), learned and reinforced behavior and speech from parents, society, religion. 

Doesn't take much to crack it.  Mods try to keep it from devolving into a free for all with threats of expulsion or exile from the e-village.

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

The ones in authority and positions of influence and power in Thailand itself, both commercial, social and political. I would have thought that was obvious from my post and the posts from others that preceded it; clearly not.  

ying.jpg

8 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Is that your towel? Horrible taste! What hind of adult male uses a towel like that? You gone native have you? Maybe you should wake up and smell the fish sauce, those cute little Thai towels are simply symbolic of the rot, filth and degradation of this once fine country. I for one am not going to stay in a nation where cartoon towel abusers like you arent dragged from your home and shot on the spot. Im heading to the Sanjak of Novii Pazar, its cheap there.

Great example.  Attacking my towel choice that's not even a towel.  You don't know what a towel is?  What? Did you go to grade school in Thailand?  That's a child's blanket. 

7 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Great example.  Attacking my towel choice that's not even a towel.  You don't know what a towel is?  What? Did you go to grade school in Thailand?  That's a child's blanket. 

O wow. A binky. What kind of adult male has a binky like that......

8 hours ago, 55Jay said:

As long as you've got your basic needs met (food, shelter, water, optional clothing), the thin veneer of "civilization", is barely held in place by external influences such as fear of punishment (the law), learned and reinforced behavior and speech from parents, society, religion. 

Doesn't take much to crack it.  Mods try to keep it from devolving into a free for all with threats of expulsion or exile from the e-village.

Quote: "the thin veneer of "civilization", is barely held in place by external influences such as fear of punishment (the law), learned and reinforced behavior and speech from parents, society, religion. "

Indeed! The thin veneer of civilization is thin. We are just a bunch of killer-apes that have learned to play the Piano over time.

25 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

O wow. A binky. What kind of adult male has a binky like that......

A child.  Not me. There are quite a number of children in my wife's family.  I am not a hermit.  They visit. And not just any blanket it's a Paul Frank.  Why do you know how much my jammies cost?

pf.jpeg

10 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

A child.  Not me. There are quite a number of children in my wife's family.  I am not a hermit.  They visit. And not just any blanket it's a Paul Frank.  Why do you know how much my jammies cost?

pf.jpeg

Sure dude, sure.

Those are nice jammies by the way, I dig the monkey feet. Id definitely wear those.

It's the dark side of human nature. Was it Gore Vidal who said something like "when I hear of a friend's success, something inside me dies"? I've seen it personally when people are ill, relatives coming over to see how they are, feigning concern whilst loving every minute of it. There's plenty of the "I've got no sympathy ..." brigade on Thai Visa. Schadenfreude is one element of it, but it goes wider and deeper than that. In the population at large we have functioning psychopaths and sociopaths, not all of them are criminals. Their posts tell you nothing about the target of their venom, but everything about them. It's not everyone though, most don't fall into that category.

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

This is not posters complaining or venting, but actually wanting another human being to be harmed in some way

It is a shame but this is the way the world is shaping up. People tend now to get off over this. I am a 'live and let live' type of guy but a lot of people get pleasure out of seeing hurt.

Three years ago I got very mentally sick and it took my wife a few days to find me. We had just married, my medications were not working and I was not well at all. My current friends at the time thought it was a real laugh that I was paranoid and not with it; they got a sense of pleasure and a 'laugh' out of the fact I was not doing well in my life at this time and when I did get well with the help of my wife, I saw what had happened and dumped those people from my life. They were happy to see me in harm's way. 

Sometimes people do not want the best for you as it covers up the problems they are having with there lives. 

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Is it mental illness, a character fault, or simply the way the world's moving?

It is a mixture of all above

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

That's a bit too bloody profound for here chap !

I've read it over and over and nowhere are you attacking Thai people - what gives ? It's mandatory.

I keep my Ape-Killer-Instinct under control by attacking my Piano. Not everybody has a Piano.

On 3/15/2019 at 9:52 PM, Benroon said:

Get down a muay thai gym, there's loads of em, you can show all the pent up hate you like against bags or fellow humans, and when you think you're getting it sussed someone who really knows it can bring you back down to earth, literally.

Where else can you get fitness and reality checks in one hit for next to no money - works for me !

Just be careful not to be the guy with all the gear and no idea - they're partial to hurting them !

Answer to paragraph 2 is Songkran!! 

That is why I truly don’t understand all the HATE towards it. It’s the perfect time of the year to let out some frustrations AND have fun. I think more crabby “ I hate Songkran” posters ( of which there are lots) should get off their moter bikes ( which they seem to LOVE to drive around on during Songkran lol ) and should join. Think of it when your out and about with your super soaker:  You were angry at a 7/11 employee for forgetting to return 1 baht change to you last week then SPRAY one that looked like her!! A little kid cried on your flight last week then spray him! Your Thai GF complained about her allowance then spray her! You don’t like old cranky Foreign guys then Spray one! Tattooed drunk Brit’s get you going then spray one! Chinese tourists make you freak out, then spray one!  Kasikorn is holding your 800k random then spray it! French guy eating a baguette spray! Taxi driver double spray!Huge Muay Thai guy in your way? Spray him ( it’s easy to hide in the crowd).  Handsome , quiet American spray me!  You get the picture. Songkran is therapeutic! ????

56 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Answer to paragraph 2 is Songkran!! 

That is why I truly don’t understand all the HATE towards it. It’s the perfect time of the year to let out some frustrations AND have fun. I think more crabby “ I hate Songkran” posters ( of which there are lots) should get off their moter bikes ( which they seem to LOVE to drive around on during Songkran lol ) and should join. Think of it when your out and about with your super soaker:  You were angry at a 7/11 employee for forgetting to return 1 baht change to you last week then SPRAY one that looked like her!! A little kid cried on your flight last week then spray him! Your Thai GF complained about her allowance then spray her! You don’t like old cranky Foreign guys then Spray one! Tattooed drunk Brit’s get you going then spray one! Chinese tourists make you freak out, then spray one!  Kasikorn is holding your 800k random then spray it! French guy eating a baguette spray! Taxi driver double spray!Huge Muay Thai guy in your way? Spray him ( it’s easy to hide in the crowd).  Handsome , quiet American spray me!  You get the picture. Songkran is therapeutic! ????

^ That is the problem with some people during Songkan , they use it to attack people 

Its one thing when water throwers play among themselves , but theres always some Westerners who think that they are Rambo and they have to shoot everyone .

Yes, go and play water fights with other people who wants to play, but when you use your water gun to attack people , it just makes it unpleasant for other people who dont want to play .

On 3/21/2019 at 3:36 AM, sanemax said:

^ That is the problem with some people during Songkan , they use it to attack people 

Its one thing when water throwers play among themselves , but theres always some Westerners who think that they are Rambo and they have to shoot everyone .

Yes, go and play water fights with other people who wants to play, but when you use your water gun to attack people , it just makes it unpleasant for other people who dont want to play .

#1 Then why are you out? 

#2 “some westerners” only ?? 

# 3 since you are not outside who do you think westerners learn their behavior from ?  The Burmese perhaps 

1 minute ago, alex8912 said:

#1 Then why are you out? 

#2 “some westerners” only ?? 

# 3 since you are not outside who do you think westerners learn their behavior from ?  The Burmese perhaps 

Hard to stay indoors for 7 days, sometimes I need milk of fresh meat.

Anyway, I've solved the problem this year, I'm off to Cambodia for songkran.

Chuck water over someone in the street in Phnom Penh and you'll be arrested.

On 3/21/2019 at 2:26 AM, alex8912 said:

Songkran is therapeutic!

So is beating that water sprayer half to death with a grub hoe handle but I refrain from that too.

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

So is beating that water sprayer half to death with a grub hoe handle but I refrain from that too.

For someone who likes to smoke bones you are surely a Songkran grump. Otherwise you are probably ok. Listen dude,  smoke the bone BEFORE going outside to avoid the water putting it out. See now you are all set to go!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived