American good Samaritan: Phi Phi police arrest one of three attackers

webfact

American good Samaritan: Phi Phi police arrest one of three attackers

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

One of the men who attacked an American man on the beach at Koh Phi Phi has been arrested. 

The American - Stephen Trimble, 25 from Florida - had tried to help a woman whose bag was taken while she was out swimming. He was set upon by three men suffering several injuries including a tear to a tendon of his knee. 

He related the incident on Instagram with a picture of himself covered in blood. He said he was told by Koh Phi Phi police to come back in the morning to report it. 

Krabi immigration heard of the story and went to the island. Koh Phi Phi police confirmed that the reason they asked Mr Trimble to come back was that he was drunk. 

But he never came back to report what had happened. Immigration found out that he had arrived with a US friend called Luke Barrow, 29, on March 5th at Phuket Airport from China. 

After the incident in Phi Phi he went to stay at the Moment Hostel in Ao Nang on the mainland before purchasing a ticket to Koh Pangan to attend next week's full moon party. 

Police want to talk to him so that he can help identify his attackers. 

Yesterday evening one man was arrested in connection with the attack. Two more are expected to be in custody shortly. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-15
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems he did not tell the whole truth, he was drunk and the police send him to his hotel. Seems like a good idea to me. Better to interrogate someone who is sober. 

But at least the guy did not lie about the attack. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

he was drunk and the police send him to his hotel.

This is what police say.
I'm not sure at all whether it's true or not.

2 hours ago, rebo said:

This is what police say.

"This is what the police say.."Of course..someone put a cracker under their lazy posteriors.

"Brake failure" was not an option.

2 hours ago, rebo said:

This is what police say.

Three attackers, possibly Thais? I only presume since they never attack foreigners alone. What if the attackers know the Koh Phi Phi police? Many questions needs answer here, a new case for the TV detectives?  

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Seems he did not tell the whole truth, he was drunk and the police send him to his hotel. Seems like a good idea to me. Better to interrogate someone who is sober. 

Wow. You are quick to believe Thai police. Surprised you can actually read and post A LOT here. Let me ask you. Do you believe in different degrees of being drunk or is two beers and twelve beers and eight shots the same?  

Wonder if any of the VERY vocal posters who claimed the story was BS yesterday will come back and admit they were wrong. As I predicted in a post yesterday they rarely if ever do. But since it was just yesterday maybe some can have the balls to do it. 

5 minutes ago, mike787 said:

I was told during divorce...there's her side of the story...my side...and then somewhere in the middle lies the TRUTH!  Same here...

So what you are saying for this EXACT story and not you silly wife’s story is that even if he had a few drinks his side of the story is not true or even made up?? He was attached by 3 , he saw someone take belongings of someone else , he was injured , he saw a policeman and the police said to come back the next day. Please explain what the “ middle “ is since you just posted and your post is fresh in your head. Thanks. 

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Oh, you are that well known TV detective! 

Archived