BANGKOK 25 March 2019 15:25
webfact

American good Samaritan: Phi Phi police arrest one of three attackers

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Ah but at least the first team got in to do some character assassination, and what fun !!  ... accuse him of lying, even though he told the truth. Denigrate him because he had a drink.

I don’t understand where all the hate comes from. Perhaps the poster could explain, but no, Poster #1 doesn't do explanations. Don’t expect any of that, just a ladling out of character defamation and bile on someone they do not know, who acted with integrity, and got beat up for it.

.. accuse him of lying. (Show me the post which accused him of lying)

...even though he told the truth (how do you know that?)

...denigrate him because he had a drink. (intoxication which wasn't disclosed in his Instagram report. You don't think intoxication and not mentioning it is relevant when evaluating the credibility of his account?)

...I don’t understand where all the hate comes from. (It's not hate. It's a healthy measure of skepticism. It's not like his initial account didn't leave a lot of questions unanswered.)

...Perhaps the poster could explain. (I've explained at length my reasons for being dubious, and been told I'm over-analytical, and been bombarded with sad face emojis instead of any honest debate.)

...who acted with integrity, and got beat up for it. (You're relying entirely on his account about what happened. It hasn't been corroborated yet by any witnesses, the swimmer, or the other parties to the altercation. In my opinion, a lot of people on here are blindly accepting his version of events because it fits their anti-Thai, anti-Thai men, anti-police agenda and are being supportive because it's an opportunity to "virtue signal.")

Shower my post with sad face and confused face emojies to your heart's content, but you know there's truth to what I'm saying. :biggrin:

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Yes. Age does matter. You are wrong. 

It can and often does make a difference but it doesn't have to. I hitchhiked all over Europe for a year in my hippy days (21 yrs old) but resisted all attempts from my compatriots to take drugs or drink myself legless, instead I watched them in amused disgust.

28 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

...denigrate him because he had a drink. (intoxication which wasn't disclosed in his Instagram report. You don't think intoxication and not mentioning it is relevant when evaluating the credibility of his account?)

...I don’t understand where all the hate comes from. (It's not hate. It's a healthy measure of skepticism. It's not like his initial account didn't leave a lot of questions unanswered.)

...Perhaps the poster could explain. (I've explained at length my reasons for being dubious, and been told I'm over-analytical, and been bombarded with sad face emojis instead of any honest debate.)

...who acted with integrity, and got beat up for it. (You're relying entirely on his account about what happened. It hasn't been corroborated yet by any witnesses, the swimmer, or the other parties to the altercation. In my opinion, a lot of people on here are blindly accepting his version of events because it fits their anti-Thai, anti-Thai men, anti-police agenda and are being supportive because it's an opportunity to "virtue signal.")

Shower my post with sad face and confused face emojies to your heart's content, but you know there's truth to what I'm saying. :biggrin:

You joined the pack early.

You confabulated,waffled and spouted what ifs of your own-just as the pack did without any shred of evidence whatsoever...

As long as he could be accused of being a lying "farang"

I suggest you go to Tops and purchase an Occam's razor as soon as possible.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

You cannot read post number #1 which I listed as a reference - I do not know how I can make it clearer.

Now there is not much I can do to help you with that .... As always our hopes and prayers are with you in this difficult time.  :thumbsup:   

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Inflammatory posts, off topic posts and the replies have been removed. 

A post rambling on about moderation has now been removed. 

Edited by metisdead

So who was he a farang high and did not know like the others what they were thinking and did the crime

This case is far from solved by our famous TV detectives, probably they'r all busy on the local bar stool solving global problems.