Extension Of Immigrant B Visa From 90 days to a year

Hi, tried looking everywhere and I need some help.

1) I am a Malaysian working for a Malaysian company that is getting assigned to a Thai company in Thailand for a duration of maybe around 6-7 months

2) They are looking to put me under Immigrant B visa but that would just be for 90 days max and under the Thai Foreign Ministry's website it states "Holder of this type of visa is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days.  He or she may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period of one year from the date of first entry into Thailand.".

So now my queries are:

1) Can this extension be done in Bangkok? and where? Can these be done at the counter at the airport?

2) Would there be any issues with tax? Technically I am performing "work" in Thailand but I am not working for a Thai Company.

Thanks for the time. My company and the client is sort of oblivious to the rules and regulations so thought I might ask on this forum.

To apply for an extension of the 90 day entry from the non-b visa would require you to have a work permit. Along with a lot of supporting documents from a company registered here.

The extension can only be applied for at the designated immigration office for where you are living and working.