Where to legalize british marriage cert in Bangkok

33 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

change to marriage visa ,rather than tie up 400k in a thai bank for the rest of my life .

Did the legalization you had done include the Thai embassy in London?

Now you will need to have your marriage certificate and the legalization translated to Thai and then translation certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok.

Then you will be able to register your foreign marriage at an Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 that immigration requires to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage.

• Like 1

Did the legalization you had done include the Thai embassy in London?

Now you will need to have your marriage certificate and the legalization translated to Thai and then translation certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok.

Then you will be able to register your foreign marriage at an Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 that immigration requires to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage.

Yes ,did the london bit as well,when i get them translated to Thai can any company do it or do they have to be accredited? And if so how do you find one ,thanks

I have already tried talking to the dept of consular affairs,ever tried swimming through treacle? More than likely easies than talking to the idiots there who i guess dont even knowwhat day it is.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Yes ,did the london bit as well,when i get them translated to Thai can any company do it or do they have to be accredited? And if so how do you find one ,thanks

Most translation services (there are many in BKk) are 'accredited' can do the translation and for a small additional fee have MFA certify the translation Here is a list - https://embassies.gov.il/bangkok-en/ConsularServices/Documents/list of Translators - bangkok.docx

NB The charges may not be current

Edited by KarlS
correct typo
  • Like 1

Most translation services (there are many in BKk) are 'accredited' can do the translation and for a small additional fee have MFA certify the translation Here is a list - https://embassies.gov.il/bangkok-en/ConsularServices/Documents/list of Translators - bangkok.docx

NB The charges may not be current
Many thanks

16 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

I have already tried talking to the dept of consular affairs,ever tried swimming through treacle? More than likely easies than talking to the idiots there who i guess dont even knowwhat day it is.

There is flow chart of the process here in English. http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/6441/71860-ขั้นตอนการรับรองนิติกรณ์เอกสาร---Legalization-Proc.html

More info can be found in Thai.

• Like 1