Pattanakarn sidewalk project nears completion

Rimmer

Pattanakarn sidewalk project nears completion

image.png

PATTAYA:--The first phase of construction of sidewalks along Naklua’s Pattanakarn Road is expected to be completed by the end of April, sub-district officials said.

Engineering chief Thongchai Kamlangthai said March 10 that the project begun Sept. 28 was now partially finished, opening a good amount of footpath for pedestrians and joggers to use.

Reinforced concrete pavements are being laid alongside the thoroughfare through Moo 10 and Moo 13 villages. The sidewalks will be 1.8 meters wide and span 3.5 kilometers.

Contractor Supattra Joint Venture will complete the first phase by the end of April, Thongchai said. The second phase will be started from the front of Tarapattana School to Tungkom-Tanman Road. Neither phase affects vehicle traffic.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-15-03--

I didn't realise I lived in Naklua !! Pattanakarn road is a right turn at the top end of Nern Plab wan (spl) as you approach the wat at the top end, there have been a lot of one story shops built along it in the last few months with bars,cafe's, pet supplies etc etc, those cars and signs on the right in the photo are all part of those new builds.

2 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

On the picture it doesn't look that way meaby about 80 cm

As I said earlier that photo doesn't do the whole thing much justice, on the left of the pic they are resticted by the wall to the moo baan, on the right it is a lot wider, you really need to see it for yourself or maybe (notice the spelling of maybe) Henrik, I can take a couple of pics tomorrow when I go out ????

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

As I said earlier that photo doesn't do the whole thing much justice, on the left of the pic they are resticted by the wall to the moo baan, on the right it is a lot wider, you really need to see it for yourself or maybe (notice the spelling of maybe) Henrik, I can take a couple of pics tomorrow when I go out ????

I don't need pictures but thank you 

it will probably just be occupied by vendors and parking car's 

I live in Naklua. It, as in much of Pattaya, suffers from the same situation. Greed and corruption. Sidewalks and other foot paths are taken over by businesses and vendors. The impotent administration is assisted by an equally ineffective enforcement gaggle. The end result is that pedestrians are forced to walk in the streets and the disabled are left to fend for themselves. Pathetic and hardly "World Class".

Archived