Young motorcyclist injures 2 in Sattahip road wreck

Rimmer

Young motorcyclist injures 2 in Sattahip road wreck

image.png

SATTAHIP:--Two people were hurt when a 15-year-old motorcyclist slammed into another motorbike in Sattahip.

Masseuse Jeerawan Damrod, 48, was knocked unconscious at the U-turn in front of a PTT gas station at Sukhumvit Soi 41 March 10. Her 18-year-old son riding pillion escaped with minor injuries to his bare feet.

Nearby lay the wreckage of a Honda Scoopy driven by teenager Chanasorn Chakawannorasing who suffered broken bones and was transported to Queen Sirikit Naval Medical Center.

Tirawat said his mother was making a U-turn on Sukhumvit Road when Chanasorn slammed into the side of their bike.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-15-03--

Under age (I am only assuming) motorcyclists are a plague.  I suppose parents consider a funeral cheaper than raising their kids to maturity.  Every school day, sitting on the patio of my wife's bar, I see 10 and 12 year olds tearing up and down the streets, helmetless, often 2 or 3 on the bike, showing off for their school mates who are wise enough to walk.  It is so frustrating knowing the eventual outcome, not daring to get involved due to reprisals.  I considered inviting the police to sit on the patio to control the underage kids but, as I said I fear reprisal.  Nothing to be gained by talking to the parents (In many cases the grandparents) of the offenders. TIT the LOStupidity.

16 hours ago, topt said:

And what did the insurance rep say?

He seemed only too anxious to pay out: I think they get a commission on awards. I emailed Thannachart but they didn't respond.

I found out later my wife had paid the cop 12K under the table as he had told her he would make my next year's visa 'difficult' and he was going to confiscate my passport.

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

He seemed only too anxious to pay out: I think they get a commission on awards. I emailed Thannachart but they didn't respond.

Sorry to hear about this but in hindsight, and for other readers, this is the sort of situation where a good broker can help. 

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

I found out later my wife had paid the cop 12K under the table as he had told her he would make my next year's visa 'difficult' and he was going to confiscate my passport.

My immediate thought on this is she was scammed but who really knows.....

On 3/16/2019 at 8:00 AM, mikebell said:

The cops have nothing to do with issuing visas so unless he has a contact in immigration, he can't really do much. Just a scam and your wife fell for it.

20 hours ago, ChiangmaiRob said:

The cops have nothing to do with issuing visas so unless he has a contact in immigration, he can't really do much. Just a scam and your wife fell for it.

Agreed.  I'd just booked tickets to UK & she was scared I wouldn't make the flight.

Archived