VOR Cash requirement on arrival? Son coming to visit us?

My 24yr old son and his girlfriend who both recently graduated from UNI and have started work as teachers are coming for an 8 day visit at the beginning of April, 8 - 16th in fact.

I'm concerned that the I.O's might turn them away if they don't have a wad of cash even though they are being collected and hosted by my wife and I and will stay in our home with us the whole time.

Learned comments please? Do they need 20,000 baht between them or each under such circumstances? I think they might find that a struggle with Student Loan repayments coming out of their wages, and I cannot lend it to them! 

Thanks Tanoshi, better than 20k each!

Thanks ubonjoe. They are certainly NOT frequent travellers to here, they haven't been able to afford to come for 20 months and even now can only spare 8 days. 

Hopefully they can borrow the £500 cash, and take it back with them after, a sort of insurance or what in the Philippines they call "show money". 

Immigration are certainly making life hard for expats these days, getting almost as bad as the UK for married couples and we fled the UK because of Theresa May's "hostile environment" policy