1 question re Contents ins and 1 que re private health ins

ghworker2010

We had a quote covering fire for items including personal and business equipment/ machines etc. All items are listed with the value. But below is a paragraph stating that they will only pay 200,000 per item. Its in thai and the wife doesn't explain it so well. WE called the ins company and they said that having that per item amount in there will make it easier in the event of a claim. When asked will one of our machines be covered for the full amount (2.6mill) if there's an accidental fire she said yes. I suppose I don't understand what the  per item sentence is all about then. Is it a scam?

My wife wanted a quote for health insurance and life insurance. The yearly quote came back at 180,000 baht which I was surprised about to say the least. I asked the guy if she can just have private health ins and not the life insurance. He said 'oh no, in Thailand they are connected'. I think this is B.S??

If we do actually proceed with life insurance what should we be looking out for specifically? I did ask for a list of the exclusions in the policy. He did say that we can claim/ deduct 100,000 baht from the yearly tax return...

thanks

4 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

All items are listed with the value. But below is a paragraph stating that they will only pay 200,000 per item. Its in thai and the wife doesn't explain it so well.

Are you sure this is not the maximum unless it is an specified individual item? If not clear you may be better talking to a broker as premiums should not be any more.

4 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

I asked the guy if she can just have private health ins and not the life insurance. He said 'oh no, in Thailand they are connected'. I think this is B.S??

You think correctly.

I also suggest you have a read of a couple of the more recent posts in the health insurance threads to give you a better understanding of how it works here.

No idea what age you are but Thai Health Insurance companies tend to have lower maximum payouts, higher annual increases and cut you off at a certain age compared to International policies - which will probably be more expensive.

Again based on what you have asked I would recommend going and talking to a local broker to get some comparitive quotes for exactly what you are looking for.

Archived