Easiest in-out Malaysian border for elderly (with METV)

Hello guys,

soon i will need to drive my parents (in their late sixties) to Malaysia to activate the next visa on their METV.

Which border is easiest (less hassle) for a quick in-out (same day) with a valid tourist visa?

I heard Wang Prachan Border is supposed to be very friendly but i never been there.

Thank you

G

39 minutes ago, Alfa said:

What about over Hat Yai. I usually do that trip on my way to KL.

Hat Hai is not a boarder crossing . One would have to go to PadangBasar- Malaysia boarder crossing ,very easy, recommended. A Tourist Visa (single entrance) can not do a turn round ,but re-entry  without a new TV will get you 15 or 30days. ME visa no problem can do immediate turn round. 

Edited by Percy P
Addition
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Percy P said:

A Tourist Visa (single entrance) can not do a turn round ,but re-entry  without a new TV will get you 15 or 30days.

The 15 day visa exempt entry at land border crossings went away over 2 years ago when the 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year went into effect.

22 hours ago, giulio78 said:

Which border is easiest (less hassle) for a quick in-out (same day) with a valid tourist visa?

It depends upon where you are starting the trip from.

22 hours ago, giulio78 said:

I heard Wang Prachan Border is supposed to be very friendly but i never been there.

That is a good crossing. No reports of anybody having a problem there.

• Like 1

thanks you for the help!

I think i wasn't very clear about the visa:

They already have a multiple entry tourist visa, they just need to go in and out to activate the new 60 days entry

Last time they did the in-out by plane but they got some hassle at Krabi airport (show credit card, show flight out of thailand, etc etc), so this time I will drive them to Malaysia hoping for less problems.

From your answers I will try Wang Prachan Border

Thanks again!  

28 minutes ago, nofarang said:

Padang Besar border, one hour drive from Hat Yai. Very easy. Don't go to Sadao which is in the vincinity.

Apparently he is in Krabi.

6 hours ago, giulio78 said:

Last time they did the in-out by plane but they got some hassle at Krabi airport