Vietnam Visa on Arrival

seesip

Heading from CM to HCMC next Saturday. Anyone have any feedback on the Vietnam visa on arrival? i.e. which website to use, and how long it took to receive? I'm reading 3-5 days which is cutting it close if I'm scheduled to leave next Saturday. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

https://www.vietnamvisaorg.com/
Apply, pay money , receive invitation letter by mail and print, travel to Saigon by plane, somebody is waiting there to guide you through the system which took 1 hour, ready.
In my case I did the application on my laptop at the airport CNX , seems Netherlands is one of those countries that do not have a agreement with Vietnam regarding visa on arrival....

Loads of countries have visa free for 14-15 days as stated. An alternative to VOA is an e visa which costs $25 is good for 30 days and typically received in 3 days. You go straight to immigration on arrival and skip the VOA queues. 

As mentioned a lot depends on your nationality and intended length of stay.

While I'm here I see Air Asia is starting direct flights to Dananng from 14 April. 

I'm a U.S. citizen. 

13 minutes ago, tonboy said:

Apply, pay money , receive invitation letter by mail 

Just to clarify you got the letter by email right? Also about how long did it take to receive the letter after you applied online?

3 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

Loads of countries have visa free for 14-15 days as stated. An alternative to VOA is an e visa which costs $25 is good for 30 days and typically received in 3 days. You go straight to immigration on arrival and skip the VOA queues. 

As mentioned a lot depends on your nationality and intended length of stay.

While I'm here I see Air Asia is starting direct flights to Dananng from 14 April. 

This looks like the right option, since they have expedited 2 day service. 

5 minutes ago, beau thai said:

I thought you could get visa on arrival now (for many nations incl uk) without online application. Is that incorrect?

I believe you need to file first if staying over 15 days. Under that no visa required for Brits.

Archived