Jump to content
BANGKOK 22 April 2019 11:01
Fixit89

Just got a VOID stamp on my new tourist visa , help?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

You mean they issued you an SETV then voided it, or never issued a SETV but stamped your last TV as void ?

 

OK, answer is in the title...was skimming through this thread...that is weird that they issued it but then voided it...why not just say 'sorry, no visa for you sunshine.... ! "

Edited by freedomnow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone for the continued responses , as I am deeply grateful for you all..

 

at this point I have thought to go to phonm penh Cambodia and get a new passport at the US embassy . The processing time is 10 Days via there website. I am OK with this. Now , I know this does not clear the system for immigration but it does clear the IO ideation that I may have been staying in Thailand too long or not. For example with a new passport there is nothing to check, and a simple visa exempt stamp would be so easy on my eyes . Am I right ?

 

regarding another poster , you are correct I have not been denied entry into Thailand . And yes I could go apply for another visa , and I could potentially risk going by air into the DMK or BKK airports. But I do not wish to risk the potential embarrassment at this point of what may or may not happen..

 

also right now now I am weighing my options as the land border at Laos to Nong Khai seems very good , but even better with a clean passport ! Zero potential for risk. Am I right again?

i know that there is not any risk involved right now on a visa exEmpt theough a land border but why risk it right ? Can someone clear my mind and portentially save my time? Maybe I don’t have to get a new passport in Cambodia and just head for the land in Laos and get back to my “home” in Thailand ? Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BritTim said:

where the application fee has already been taken, but the visa application subsequently denied.

How rude. They take the money and deny visa. If OP does not have any connection with Thailand like GF or child, it is better to forget about Thailand and spend money where there are no issues. I made a mistake 14 years ago and stuck here but I plan to spend only 6-months in Thailand. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

How rude. They take the money and deny visa. If OP does not have any connection with Thailand like GF or child, it is better to forget about Thailand and spend money where there are no issues. I made a mistake 14 years ago and stuck here but I plan to spend only 6-months in Thailand. 

Yeah I actually have a girlfriend and an apartment that ends next month . So , for this news I will be leaving Thailand forever after songkran and end of April. Super disappointed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fixit89 said:

Cambodia and get a new passport at the US embassy . The processing time is 10 Days via there website.

How do you get a new passport when the current one already has lots of pages?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

How do you get a new passport when the current one already has lots of pages?

I don’t like my current picture in my passport . I think that is okay. What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i'd just keep the passport for now.  fly SGN to KUL and take train to thai border and then fly from hat yai to dmk (domestic so no passport checks).  SGN-KUL is cheap one way and they have non stops (air asia, vietnam airlines, viet jet, malaysian airlines).  i don't think you can do a nonstop SGN to VTE. 

 

get a visa exempt entry at the land border (unless you've had two of those already this calendar year - sounds like you were using visas so unlikely this is the case).  extend it for 30 days if you need more time in thailand.  i think someone just reported a problem at one of the malaysian crossings so make sure you pick the right one.  i can't remember what their problem was (maybe didn't have the cash 10k or 20k or a hotel booking).

 

edit:

get a new passport at USA embassy in bangkok.  i got mine in a week but normally it is two weeks.  easy appointment system. 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by buick
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Guys have given you good advice .....But honestly the long stay situation for under 50s is terrible in Thailand....So for your sake I hope you can figure out a better game plan than Hodge podge visas ..... 

Edited by fforest1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Fixit89 said:
I don’t like my current picture in my passport . I think that is okay. What do you think?

Haha. This is a good one. Just like my GF, she does not like her pic in Thai ID card so she gets a new one. I seriously need a new passport. My PIC looks like an addict.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Edited by onera1961

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Guys have given you good advice .....But honestly the long stay situation for under 50s is terrible in Thailand....So for your sake I hope you can figure out a better game plan than Hodge podge visas .....

If for you Thailand is the required country due to gf here then marry have a kid or buy elite visa. The cheapest and best option is the elite. Personally I don't think Thai wish or want to provide other options for under 50. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

...

OK, answer is in the title...was skimming through this thread...that is weird that they issued it but then voided it...why not just say 'sorry, no visa for you sunshine.... ! "

They do this to keep the money, and mess up his passport. 

 

1 hour ago, Fixit89 said:

Maybe I don’t have to get a new passport in Cambodia and just head for the land in Laos and get back to my “home” in Thailand ? Thoughts?

Almost no chance of problems entering at Nong Khai Visa-Exempt, based on reporting to-date - even with your passport-history and voided-stamp.  Since the last visa-exempt rule changes, they are only reported to enforce the "2x Land-Border Visa-Exempt Entries Per Calendar-Year" rule there.

 

The big difference in being rejected at a land-border, is No Detention - just walk back and cancel your last exit-stamp.  And unless trying at Poipet/Aranya (bad idea), you won't get an official-rejection, either - they just tell you "No," and you walk away w/o passport-damage.

 

31 minutes ago, buick said:

i'd just keep the passport for now.  fly SGN to KUL and take train to thai border and then fly from hat yai to dmk...

Yes - no problems with domestic-flights.  I like this route also.  The only catch with using that entry-point visa-exempt, is that he would need to have the money (he does), plus a flight-out within 30-days (throw-away ticket), plus a hotel-booking (easy - free online).  They could ask for all of it, as has recently being reported in 2 cases in the last week or so.  Maybe, crossing in the train station they wouldn't ask for all that - but the "new boss" at the office on the road is reported to be a rude thing.

 

-------------

@Fixit89 Another thing to consider is an ED Visa + extensions, if you want to stay long-term in Thailand.  You can learn the language for a year and a half (or so, depending) while having a way to stay w/o border/visa runs.  Then, if desired, you can stay another chunk of time learning another language.  And you would not need to get a new passport to do this. Just be sure to pick a school that "handles" your extensions for you, so immigration gets their envelope, then don't make problems for you.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If for you Thailand is the required country due to gf here then marry have a kid or buy elite visa.

If married, can get a marriage visa. Why elite? Sorry. Did not notice OR

Edited by onera1961

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

plus a flight-out within 30-days (throw-away ticket),

that's right.  i forgot about that one.  money, hotel, and flight out !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...