Today I was informed that I need a copy of the Green Book in order to get Proof of Residence at Jomtien Immigration

Today I went to Jomtien Immigration to get a Proof of Residence form to sell a motorcycle.  I have been through the process just about every year I have been in Pattaya.  Today for the first time I was asked for a copy of the Green Book for the motorcycle I was going to sell.  I know that I am dreaming, but why can't Thai Immigration use the same process everywhere?  As in the past, the buyer got the Green Book with his payment so I did not have it.  Now we have to go through hoops to deal with the bureaucracy Nazis.  I have to visit Jomtien immigration just about once a month for one thing or another.  The process is never the same no matter what I try to do there.

My question is, are so many stolen motorcycles being sold by Farangs that this should be required to obtain a proof of residency?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Randy99 said:

Tanoshi, you need the residency certificate to do what you are suggesting. That is the problem. There is no point in going to DLT without the residency certificate.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If the OP had gone to the DLT to do the exchange, they would have informed him he needed a Residency certificate.

Now he has to get the book back, go to Immigration, and would still then be better meeting the buyer at DLT to make sure the registration change is completed.

Until the registration change is completed, if the buyer gets tickets for traffic infringements, the tickets are going to the OP.

Personally I have a Tabien Baan, so never need a RC.

Just tell them you want the certificate of residence to get a driving license, the reason is not stated on the certificate of residence itself (unless jomtien has a special version of it), so you can use it for whatever you want.

Just tell them you want the certificate of residence to get a driving license, the reason is not stated on the certificate of residence itself (unless jomtien has a special version of it), so you can use it for whatever you want.
Thanks. I know that your suggestion is a good one. The problem though is that I just last week got certificates to renew my licenses. The girl at counter 9 knows who I am.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

I don't have an old one or copy to check that but it previously was the case. Maybe back when you could get a residence certificate simply by asking. They weren't particularly interested why you wanted one, well maybe they would ask if you were renewing 2 licences, then they would BS you into believing you needed 2 originals. 

So to sell a vehicle you need the green book or will a copy suffice? How about buying a vehicle?