BANGKOK 20 May 2019 03:56
bowerboy

Should I Be Concerned for My Life

Thanks for your thoughts.

Yes I had thought exactly the same...ie: Speak to HR and then ask them to engage a security contractor to advise our company on correct course of action and potentially inform this employee that my concerns have been made known.

I can look after myself and have no fear whatsoever of this person per se.....what I AM worried about is hired thugs or even hired hit men.

Either way it is a shame that we may well end up living in the same area whatever happens. This guy is not going home because of the divorce he now is going through.

A troll post advising questionable advice has been removed. 

In Thailand it is easy to make a person go away... be it foreigner or Thai. That is why it is imperative to show a good smiley face to your adversaries and friends regardless of your feelings inside. 

You never know when they would strike . A loaded sachet of white powder on your person, or in your car can bring great distress. A crooked cop can also lead to your misfortune. In your case , the reason the guy was trying to get you fired was not explained.

is it because only one of you two can stay behind doing same or similar job description ? If so, then we can see the guy’s point of view of hating you. 

• Like 1

Maybe a look at the (personal) statistic is helpful.

I guess about everybody who arrives in Thailand will hear sometime soon how cheap it is to hire a hitman (imagined or not, I don't know). And most of us will have visited one or the other place with people who seem to do not only legal business. That means lots of people have, at least in theory, access to a hitman.

But how often does something happen?

We hear from time to time from the flyers-club but that seems to be often connected to love affairs. Did anybody ever hear from a business person that anybody in the company was harmed because they fired someone?

I never heard a story like that, and I am here since a long time.

So possible, but it seems very unlikely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would email the guy's embassy in Thailand and make as many paper trails as you can....  but do it in a private way.  Private message the embassy on Facebook, email, maybe even a phone call if possible.  Avoid all conversation with him.  if you must, act dumb.  never give him even one reason to get upset.  he wants you to get mad, don't.  and, if possible, make stuff up.... tell him you have some bad luck back home.  maybe family member very sick, you lost money, something...anything so he will think you are also down on your luck.  something so that he thinks you are not enjoying your life.  

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, puukao said:

I would email the guy's embassy in Thailand and make as many paper trails as you can....  but do it in a private way.  Private message the embassy on Facebook, email, maybe even a phone call if possible.  Avoid all conversation with him.  if you must, act dumb.  never give him even one reason to get upset.  he wants you to get mad, don't.  and, if possible, make stuff up.... tell him you have some bad luck back home.  maybe family member very sick, you lost money, something...anything so he will think you are also down on your luck.  something so that he thinks you are not enjoying your life.  

What's the logic behind this suggestion?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1