BANGKOK 25 May 2019 21:10
bowerboy

Should I Be Concerned for My Life

19 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Its an American company. A written report to your HR Department triggers all sorts of responses, most of which will be designed not so much to protect you, but to protect the company from your heirs suing them. I would expect swift action.

And some people say that everything is about money in Thailand...:whistling:

Not going to read the other 3 pages. If worried, don't ever be alone till he is gone and if as you say you end up living in same area ( how can he stay without a job?????? ) be prepared to move.

• Like 1

What part of the U.K. is he from ? Am I not right in thinking once his work permit is up then he only is allowed 7 days in the Kingdom before he has to exit the country. I would be surprised if he was to attack you as he would know that would mean a prison sentence maybe you are being over cautious one thing is for sure don’t allow him on the premises and change your daily routines for the next month and let’s hope he does not read this forum.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ya know, the early bird gets the worm, right? Isn't it the same with hitmen? 😎

FYI: Uh, people, that's a joke. Funny. Laugh.

Edited by GalaxyMan

21 hours ago, bowerboy said:

Thank you for this question and also to everyone for their response.

There are some specific reasons why he does not like me...I am a bit reluctant to go into deep detail lest he read this (also a few people that are close to the situation could read this and figure it out if I give too much info).

Essentially though said person has a proven track record of not working well with others...I have had many people in the company discuss this guy with me and warn me about him. 

I know now there are 2 sides to every story and he has his side but all of it has been completely irrational from the beginning. 

No he he has never made any threats and that is part of the problem...again I don’t want to say too much but essentially he is as nice as pie to your face and then 20 minutes later you have a call from HR about a written complaint just been filed against you with reasons as to why I should be fired and what the succession plan would be in that event....I can’t give too many more details than that.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/35f0e5bb-0da1-4e31-8ac1-6a65a59b49a0

22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

does your company have a HR department? I would send a email to them saying you have been threatened by a employee.

Yes that’s probably the way to go.  He’s a disgruntled employee and if you make it known that you are afraid of them they would have to be crazy to try and do anything to you in this country.  Definitely produce as much of a paper trail on the situation as possible. 

But until he’s gone just be careful and definitely don’t stand on any balconies for a while.  For some reason balconies and foreigners don’t have a very good record here in Thailand.  

If you are at a restaurant always pick the table and the seat where you have preferably a full 360 degree view of the room and at least the spot where you can see everyone coming in and out of the main point of entry and exit the front doors and sit close to the aisle of the table.  Don’t hang out in dark unpopulated areas especially at night stay in well lit heavily populated areas when traveling on foot.  And remember there are surveillance cameras just about everywhere in every major city.  

Speaking of surveillance cameras you can purchase really good ones for inside and outside your home at most malls here that records everything 24/7 to a memory card in your computer and on your smartphone.  I have a few of them outside my house the weather proof kind that covers outside my front gate on the road outside my yard and a few more outside cameras that cover my entire outside yard with no blind spots, and then another camera inside my house that covers the front door and all the windows down stairs.  So that covers all the points of entry and exit of my entire house and outside my house not including the cameras I have hidden.  I take security very seriously especially after one incident a few years ago in my neighborhood.  

I’m assuming that your company is probably based somewhere in Bangkok I live way up north but if you are looking for a good body guard I know a few guys in Bangkok that I used to work with when I was in the military.  I’m retired Special Forces and so are the guys I know.  They’re a bit expensive but if you are interested send me a private message and I’ll have them contact you via phone or email.  I’m not sure if they’re available but I could ask them for you if you seriously need help that badly.  

In the meantime avoid the guy and the girl, be careful, and make your company and especially your Embassy VERY aware of your concerns and the situation in writing and on the phone.  You can call the United States Embassy for emergencies and this should qualify and you should also email the Embassy and visit them in person.  Make sure there’s a good paper trail of the situation and your concerns and be sure and inform your HR Office in person and in writing about the situation and make sure you tell them all that you are in fear for your life.  Maybe contact his Embassy as well I believe you said that he’s from the UK.  And definitely remain cautious until he’s been gone for a while.  

I think you’ll be okay especially if you just contact your company and explain the situation to them and let them know your fears as well as the Embassy.  Remember to have people who know you informed of the situation and a paper trail and inform the Embassy and the local police if necessary.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Pay him off and tell him to leave immediately. Oh and record all the meetings you have with him, on audio. 

Edited by Pilotman

your nervousness could set off a whole chain of events, you are probably seeing far too much into it, just avoid contact with the pair and chill out.

• Like 1

I think you’re the one that’s paranoid. Keep you hooter out at let it play out.

Yes that’s probably the way to go.  He’s a disgruntled employee and if you make it known that you are afraid of them they would have to be crazy to try and do anything to you in this country.  Definitely produce as much of a paper trail on the situation as possible. 

But until he’s gone just be careful and definitely don’t stand on any balconies for a while.  For some reason balconies and foreigners don’t have a very good record here in Thailand.  

If you are at a restaurant always pick the table and the seat where you have preferably a full 360 degree view of the room and at least the spot where you can see everyone coming in and out of the main point of entry and exit the front doors and sit close to the aisle of the table.  Don’t hang out in dark unpopulated areas especially at night stay in well lit heavily populated areas when traveling on foot.  And remember there are surveillance cameras just about everywhere in every major city.  

Speaking of surveillance cameras you can purchase really good ones for inside and outside your home at most malls here that records everything 24/7 to a memory card in your computer and on your smartphone.  I have a few of them outside my house the weather proof kind that covers outside my front gate on the road outside my yard and a few more outside cameras that cover my entire outside yard with no blind spots, and then another camera inside my house that covers the front door and all the windows down stairs.  So that covers all the points of entry and exit of my entire house and outside my house not including the cameras I have hidden.  I take security very seriously especially after one incident a few years ago in my neighborhood.  

I’m assuming that your company is probably based somewhere in Bangkok I live way up north but if you are looking for a good body guard I know a few guys in Bangkok that I used to work with when I was in the military.  I’m retired Special Forces and so are the guys I know.  They’re a bit expensive but if you are interested send me a private message and I’ll have them contact you via phone or email.  I’m not sure if they’re available but I could ask them for you if you seriously need help that badly.  

In the meantime avoid the guy and the girl, be careful, and make your company and especially your Embassy VERY aware of your concerns and the situation in writing and on the phone.  You can call the United States Embassy for emergencies and this should qualify and you should also email the Embassy and visit them in person.  Make sure there’s a good paper trail of the situation and your concerns and be sure and inform your HR Office in person and in writing about the situation and make sure you tell them all that you are in fear for your life.  Maybe contact his Embassy as well I believe you said that he’s from the UK.  And definitely remain cautious until he’s been gone for a while.  

I think you’ll be okay especially if you just contact your company and explain the situation to them and let them know your fears as well as the Embassy.  Remember to have people who know you informed of the situation and a paper trail and inform the Embassy and the local police if necessary.  

What a relief, a proper ex SF operative.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

When see him don't walk near him but acknowledge him with a nod if he looks at you. Don't look smug or look like your laughing, just a normal face.

He tried to get you fired so this tells something of his character. If you match that with a stone for stone by telling HR or police or etc, then some more serious trouble will probably come your way as it is looking like an attack on him and he is challenged. Psychically if you are not worried about him then you should be fine. Stay calm and lay a bit quiet low and don't talk around the office or work environment so much as others he will see into their faces and blame you. 

His contract is hopefully almost up and then he is gone. You are not the one firing him. Or are you? Did you act like his boss or senior because you are full time? If so turn that down a bit to bring it to level. 

If he does not get a good recommendation or cannot use the place as a recommendation then he will be P -Off.

England has many areas and each area has a sort of different character. I have know some from areas that will scrap and some from other areas that have a big mouth but no bite.

Just write him off as superficial and let him figure out his life. If he confronts or barks at you with blame, just say back off, I had nothing to do with you or your temporary contract and work related performance of being let go. This is from the superiors. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim7777 said:

always pick the table and the seat where you have preferably a full 360 degree view of the room

Wild Bill Hickok died the night he could not sit at the table with his back against the wall, as was his practice

• Like 2