BANGKOK 23 May 2019 16:34
bowerboy

Should I Be Concerned for My Life

5 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

If he tells someone like HR or the police and word gets out back to him, it is not good and escalates the hatred. It will not do any good and will not protect him one iota little bit if hatred is there and then to spark it at what he will see as a personal attack. If the guy was smart he would go file a report for defamation and make some money on the OP or put him in jail. If unstable, no stopping him from attack no matter how he protects and watches his back. If hires some thugs, motorcycle pillion riders are usually pretty darn successful, but stupid as they will be caught.

Wants protection, hire security.

-If he gets beat up he can tell the story of who then.

-If he gets whacked or killed then the police will be going to his place of employment already and the word will get out. All his associates know the story already. Nothing new here.

I gather on speculation that the OP has been out in a work group or solo with him and his new squeeze and wife he left before, so there is probably more history than we are all led to believe. 

I would bet there have probably been verbal threats or un friendly exchanges of obscenities of I will kick ur butt or somethings like that.

Daily routine is, I will eventually leave my home, and will eventually leave work to go home. Can't change that and all that is just a wait and get if in truly the guy is that unstable and lacking the brains to get on with his life. To be a real criminal to get away with things takes a very very smart almost brilliant person now (here), and his nemesis should know that being in Thailand seeing how the police operate always now catching their guy. CC tv everywhere.

Okay thanks for your expert advice man.  LMAO 😂.  I do agree that this is a kinder and gentler version of Thailand than it used to be.  The advice I gave him was based on a career of expertise in security and staying alive in the most dangerous places on earth, but I just told him the very basics in safety and security because I don’t know him and we’re talking online.  If I knew him in person I could really help him.  

There are many ways to vary your daily routine starting with WHEN you actually leave the house and ending with WHEN you actually leave work to come home as well as several other variables such as routes etc.  This is something that I actually do have vast experience with.  

I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to read your whole post because I’m out right now but I did briefly skim through it so hopefully my reply is at least somewhat close to what it should be.    

Trust me REPORT IT!  The Embassy and HR don’t necessarily have to inform him that you reported him.  They can keep it to themselves at your request to prevent aggravating the situation.  If you don’t tell anyone than you are vulnerable no one can help you if you don’t tell anyone.  So ignore all the people who are telling you not to report it.  Of course you should report it so there’s at least a record of it.  

If you don’t want him to know that you reported him just make that clear to the Embassy and your HR, but personally I think he should know that he’s been reported as a deterrent from trying anything stupid unless he’s a total nut case.  But you know this guy I don’t so do what you think is best but I highly recommend at least reporting him and making it known.  It’s your call I’m just giving you friendly advice.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jim7777 said:

Okay thanks for your expert advice man.  LMAO 😂.  I do agree that this is a kinder and gentler version of Thailand than it used to be.  The advice I gave him was based on a career of expertise in security and staying alive in the most dangerous places on earth, but I just told him the very basics in safety and security because I don’t know him and we’re talking online.  If I knew him in person I could really help him.  

There are many ways to vary your daily routine starting with WHEN you actually leave the house and ending with WHEN you actually leave work to come home as well as several other variables such as routes etc.  This is something that I actually do have vast experience with.  

I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to read your whole post because I’m out right now but I did briefly skim through it so hopefully my reply is at least somewhat close to what it should be.    

I respect the directional advice giving him. (NO LMAO). Yes this is a tapered down Thailand now definitely, definitely not like the old days before. Quite scary actually at times, and I will leave it at that. So perhaps telling the US Embassy might help, but normally will just fall on deaf ears and recorded. How could that possibly help him, if the guy is deranged, it won’t. But, Perhsos under special situations a send out of (lets’s say) some Gov stationed specialty people to look at the situation if warranted enough. But you would never know they are there or lurking about for the most of all part unless you are really good. There to observe and if warranted maybe send a helpful hint of advice or warning in some odd method. You being professional as stated would have no problem distinguishing them. No this is not fictional Jason Bourne.

Let’s just hope this OP does the right moves if it is real, but let’s really hope it is only him inflating his anxiety where there is no real cause or worry to. We will never know the whole story so leave it at the advice you have given him (which is good advice for watching his back), as now up to him. 

Posted (edited)

I have a different thought about HR. They exist to protect the company and hire and fire personnel. If you tell them you are afraind because of a temporary employee and his girlfriend just think out loud how that sounds. If I was your boss I would not think you are capable of being promoted. It sounds weird. Not meaning to insult you just trying to respond to your post. Do nothing. You are putting yourself in the center of the world and you are not that important that a Thai girlfriend would have you killed. If her boyfriend leaves she will survive and get another one. Relax 

Edited by Wake Up

On 3/15/2019 at 11:28 AM, petermik said:

Two sides to every story....I wonder what the other guy would say......🤔

Maybe he would say the OP is jealous 'cos I stole his gik and now he's blocked my contract renewal. 😄 😄 I'm sure I could get a job writing Thai soaps 😄 

Couples of times I read something like that not exactly the same but being threatened or being told something unpleasant might happened to him. However if you need some advice you must state clearly what actually happened otherwise you leave people who wish to help you in a puzzle.

There are some questions on my mind so I cannot answer your post until I get these answers from you. Giving you suggestions and not knowing the real situation may cause harm to you.

Anyway good luck and take care.

On 3/15/2019 at 4:26 PM, bowerboy said:

Am I being overly paranoid. Should I report this feeling to my company or will that make me look stupid/insane?

@bowerboy - I think this is one of very few areas where Thais are more pragmatic than us Farang because they understand how rotten human nature can be.

I make no judgement about you, but, let's be honest here for a moment. Many employers/bosses are jerks who do not hesitate to destroy an employee's life and future. So, employer/employee disputes are difficult to judge from the outside. We have all worked for jerks, and I think most of us can say we have at one time or another been jerks to those we manage/employ. Complex issue.

Thais in these situations often take a pragmatic approach rather than a ethical stance. Rather than not helping the employee (or worse trying to help them out of the company), they will at least give the appearance of trying to help or may even help to keep the employee on if the damage to the company is not too great. Perhaps asking the employee to be shifted under someone else's management to avoid direct conflict.

Life is cheap in Thailand, and you will never be able to prevent something horrible from happening to you once someone has decided to make it happen here. I think you know that which is why you are asking here. Reporting the person to HR or to the police is a losing battle, especially if the person finds out you have done so.

• Thanks 1