Requirements Renewing A 5 Year Driving Licence Pattaya

david555

As my 5 year driver license go expire end this month March ,and not knowing the latest eventual changed requirements for documents especially from immigration ones , it would be welcome some o0ne enlighten me …?

I have both 5 years (bike & car) , having a valid int. drivers license (last year renewed in home country ) , Pattaya/jomtien  same address 8 years & all that time ret .extension holder.

Thanks

Certificate of residence from Jomtien,copy of passport and visa/extension copy of old licences and originals of everything....get to the Department of Land Transportation next to the Regents School before 8 AM
so as to get a low queue number....even so they may make you wait till 1 pm to watch the movie...make sure to pay before 3.30pm or you'll have to come back the next day......yes its an at least 1 whole day affair [emoji35]

2 minutes ago, johng said:

Go one day after it expires and get 6 years - 1 day validity on your new licenses.

and originals of everything

you mean the driver licenses or to be secure all the originals from whatever needed copy's ..? no health certificate also not ?

Original passport and original old drivers licences...no need for a health certificate if renewing 5 year to 5 year.....they will make you do the eyesight and reaction tests....and maybe watch the video..after pay money ,pose for digital photos, wait for shiny new licenses...beer time.

1 minute ago, johng said:

Original passport and original old drivers licences...no need for a health certificate if renewing 5 year to 5 year.....they will make you do the eyesight and reaction tests....and maybe watch the video..after pay money ,pose for digital photos,

Ok now I have all the info , thanks 

wait for shiny new licenses...beer time.:wink:.... I only drink sweets ...

17 minutes ago, johng said:

Certificate of residence from Jomtien,copy of passport and visa/extension copy of old licences and originals of everything....get to the Department of Land Transportation next to the Regents School before 8 AM
so as to get a low queue number....even so they may make you wait till 1 pm to watch the movie...make sure to pay before 3.30pm or you'll have to come back the next day......yes its an at least 1 whole day affair emoji35.png

Few weeks ago I was there also for the same reason.. Arrived 07.00 am   Nr 14 in line, finished all by 11.00 am They start issuing numbers around 07.45... 

Few weeks ago I was there also for the same reason.. Arrived 07.00 am   Nr 14 in line, finished all by 11.00 am They start issuing numbers around 07.45... 
Yes I got there at 8.15 and got number 50 +
something...high enough to push me into the afternoon queue for the video.

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Nice to have but not relevant for the renewal of a Thai DL.

Just to play safe while i  visited home country , never know Thailand with ever changing or needing extra doc.   ???? has a valid of 3 years 

• 2 months later...
On 3/16/2019 at 11:00 AM, KhunBENQ said:

2 yr to 5 yr: required

5 yr to 5 yr: not required

Official rule. Does it make sense? No :biggrin:

Confirming today as done renewing my 5 years : no doctors certificate needed for renewing 5 years ! Numbers even given at 7 ,got number 8 ,resulted anyway to after 2 clock to taken pictures and receiving DL., as que numbers changing after checking documents first stop after stairs …., as need signing doc. tel. number . name etc …., and after that get new number.., did not escape the " training Thai soap movie" , (looks like they park you there to get rid of the overflow on applicants )

They are very easy but for all , so that is why many crawled the que up…. oh ...anyway peace of mind for another almost 6 years 

A more explanation 
As why arriving at 7 clock , receiving number 8 ticket an ending taking picture and becoming number 55 (must come back after  break 1 clock for picture and DL receiving...

Wel when the doors go open all flood inside , up the stairs ...

First error .... should wait downstairs untill number is called to go up!...down again and wait  call number.
Called ... go up & again a small que anyway at desk 11 special for foreigners checking documents .... there is the (my..) main reason for loosing que number , as ... at several doc. must name and telephone written and signed (immigration habit ...lol ) 
Ok,.. you go do that 2 meter close  small desk table to arrange that..., my errior was to be acting gentleman to let A nice Thai young lady give priority to  use desk .... Error... as ithought she can read write Thai would be quick ...Error....it seemed that she had more problem to write her life story ....Hence in my back every body checking their documents got their final number , so there i lost a lot time and became 55 in stead of ticket number 8...

So just take care to sign doc. + tel number +name...before and you could ended up before 12 break

i paid 305 baht & 555 baht , i guess first for Motorbike , second for car , 860 total for both

So main advice , don't be a gentleman or you risk too  loose your low que number :blush:

Archived