Jump to content
BANGKOK 23 April 2019 06:56
david555

Requirements Renewing A 5 Year Driving Licence Pattaya

Recommended Posts

As my 5 year driver license go expire end this month March ,and not knowing the latest eventual changed requirements for documents especially from immigration ones , it would be welcome some o0ne enlighten me …?

I have both 5 years (bike & car) , having a valid int. drivers license (last year renewed in home country ) , Pattaya/jomtien  same address 8 years & all that time ret .extension holder.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certificate of residence from Jomtien,copy of passport and visa/extension copy of old licences and originals of everything....get to the Department of Land Transportation next to the Regents School before 8 AM
so as to get a low queue number....even so they may make you wait till 1 pm to watch the movie...make sure to pay before 3.30pm or you'll have to come back the next day......yes its an at least 1 whole day affair

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go one day after it expires and get 6 years - 1 day validity on your new licenses.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, johng said:

Go one day after it expires and get 6 years - 1 day validity on your new licenses.

and originals of everything

 

 

you mean the driver licenses or to be secure all the originals from whatever needed copy's ..? no health certificate also not ?

Edited by david555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Original passport and original old drivers licences...no need for a health certificate if renewing 5 year to 5 year.....they will make you do the eyesight and reaction tests....and maybe watch the video..after pay money ,pose for digital photos, wait for shiny new licenses...beer time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, johng said:

Original passport and original old drivers licences...no need for a health certificate if renewing 5 year to 5 year.....they will make you do the eyesight and reaction tests....and maybe watch the video..after pay money ,pose for digital photos,

Ok now I have all the info , thanks 

wait for shiny new licenses...beer time.:wink:.... I only drink sweets ...

Edited by david555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, johng said:

Certificate of residence from Jomtien,copy of passport and visa/extension copy of old licences and originals of everything....get to the Department of Land Transportation next to the Regents School before 8 AM
so as to get a low queue number....even so they may make you wait till 1 pm to watch the movie...make sure to pay before 3.30pm or you'll have to come back the next day......yes its an at least 1 whole day affair emoji35.png

Few weeks ago I was there also for the same reason.. Arrived 07.00 am   Nr 14 in line, finished all by 11.00 am They start issuing numbers around 07.45... 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Few weeks ago I was there also for the same reason.. Arrived 07.00 am   Nr 14 in line, finished all by 11.00 am They start issuing numbers around 07.45... 
Yes I got there at 8.15 and got number 50 +
something...high enough to push me into the afternoon queue for the video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



... I only drink sweets ...


Ohh well celebrate in any way you like
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, david555 said:

having a valid int. drivers license (last year renewed in home country )

Nice to have but not relevant for the renewal of a Thai DL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Nice to have but not relevant for the renewal of a Thai DL.

Just to play safe while i  visited home country , never know Thailand with ever changing or needing extra doc.   😉 has a valid of 3 years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Medical certificate required? when i took my tgf for her licence recently they required a medical certificate. But she did a 2 year to 5 year. If 5 year to 5 year not required?

Edited by Henryford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Henryford said:

But she did a 2 year to 5 year. If 5 year to 5 year not required?

2 yr to 5 yr: required

5 yr to 5 yr: not required

Official rule. Does it make sense? No :biggrin:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...