Alcohol ban

MickeyMaow

Imagine if you had booked a flight to get married in Thailand this, or next, weekend and on arrival saw the following newspaper report:-

“Pol Col Jarungwit Phumma, secretary of the Election Commission confirmed the additional bans on March 16 and 17 last week.

He says that weddings and parties can still be organised on these dates but there must be no alcohol”

2 minutes ago, New beginnings said:

Imagine if you had booked a flight to get married in Thailand this, or next, weekend and on arrival saw the following newspaper report:-

“Pol Col Jarungwit Phumma, secretary of the Election Commission confirmed the additional bans on March 16 and 17 last week.

He says that weddings and parties can still be organised on these dates but there must be no alcohol”

If the success of your wedding, or indeed your marriage , depends solely on the consumption of alcohol, then you are in serious trouble from the off.  

14 minutes ago, New beginnings said:

this happened to a couple i know back in may 2016 (not a marriage but similar) on visakha bucha day.  they share the same birthday and invited friends from around the region (hong kong, penang, singapore, vietnam, i was the only person living in bkk).  party to be held at one of the most famous hotels by the river with all the guests booked/staying in rooms there.  they had all the booze ordered and everything.  the ban was public and everyone knew about it (visakha bucha day), but the hotel claimed there was no problem.  the day of the party, the policy was changed !!!  no booze, not even on the boat cruise on the river.  could drink in the rooms only. 

24 minutes ago, banagan said:

Jesus, alcohol ban on St Patricks day! I thought they were outdoing themselves with 1st place in worlds worst air!

Uncivilsed  third  world country .       whose <deleted> , is this polluted air coming from in chiang mai .

i used to live  there ,  but now soo   many  germans  living there , with their certain type of smile .

5 hours ago, Pilotman said:

If the success of your wedding, or indeed your marriage , depends solely on the consumption of alcohol, then you are in serious trouble from the off.  

what is it about recovering alcoholics that they must take everything alcohol related to extremes. Snap out of it, having beer at a wedding does not condemn you to a failed marriage lol

I bet your never on anybody's invitation list ya miserable old git ????

8 hours ago, madmen said:

what is it about recovering alcoholics that they must take everything alcohol related to extremes. Snap out of it, having beer at a wedding does not condemn you to a failed marriage lol

I bet your never on anybody's invitation list ya miserable old git ????

I hate people so I'm okay with never getting an invite. You only have to buy the idiots presents and I'm not into that either.  I'm not a recovering alcoholic by the way, I'm still practising the art. ????

So much angst over booze. Go to the 7-11, stock up, then just sit at home for the rest of the weekend naked in the corner surrounded by empty beer bottles making slobbery chokey smacking sounds and foetid with your own drunken foulness. It will be ok.

For Christ sake those wishing to properly celebrate this most Irish of holidays need only head to a well know establishment of questionable Irish lineage in Anasarn Market after 18:00. Booze, promo girls, Guinness, Formula 1 and corned beer and cabbage all waiting for you. As the only genuine Irishman in Chiang Mai you can find me there sitting at the bar waiting for lovely young lasses to kiss me and buy me a pint.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, lipflipper said:

For Christ sake those wishing to properly celebrate this most Irish of holidays need only head to a well know establishment of questionable Irish lineage in Anasarn Market after 18:00. Booze, promo girls, Guinness, Formula 1 and corned beer and cabbage all waiting for you. As the only genuine Irishman in Chiang Mai you can find me there sitting at the bar waiting for lovely young lasses to kiss me and buy me a pint.

Haven't been in there for over a decade .. how much nowadays for a pint (500ml glass?) of the black stuff ?

21 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Indeed, alcohol dependent marriages are almost as toxic as love dependent marriages.

~o:37;

8 hours ago, lipflipper said:

Isn't that the only pub in SEA that gets its Guinness from Dublin, and not the brewery in KL?  LOL.

But anyhoo, I went out to 711 and got my real Jameson at 1:58 today, I think the old lady I accidentally ran over getting to the register on time will be fine in a few days, but it still might make some highlight films.  Got the word about 18:00 to 18:00, and got some nice Heineken cans, which are always good for drinking on the go, but how can I state how far I have to go to buy general booze and beer during the ban,..when I don't even have to leave my building to purchase?  Is that a negative distance?  

I find the bans totally useless, it's only department complexes, 711, family mart, etc that restrict sales of alcohol, just goto the local mom pop shops, or look for your local bar where everyone is drinking out of coffee mugs, worst case scenario if you need a drink just goto a hotel bar as they are exempt from alcohol bans 

20 minutes ago, kmw said:

I find the bans totally useless, it's only department complexes, 711, family mart, etc that restrict sales of alcohol, just goto the local mom pop shops, or look for your local bar where everyone is drinking out of coffee mugs, worst case scenario if you need a drink just goto a hotel bar as they are exempt from alcohol bans 

Kept awake last night by a big outdoor concert about 2km from my house.  Dam sure they were drinking.  I suspect it was an election vote catching event!

Archived