Jump to content
BANGKOK 18 March 2019 22:54
MickeyMaow

Alcohol ban

Recommended Posts

Yes - Both this weekend and next weekend from 6pm Saturday to 6 pm Sunday due to elections. Should make for a somewhat sober St Patrick’s day celebration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine if you had booked a flight to get married in Thailand this, or next, weekend and on arrival saw the following newspaper report:-

 

“Pol Col Jarungwit Phumma, secretary of the Election Commission confirmed the additional bans on March 16 and 17 last week.

He says that weddings and parties can still be organised on these dates but there must be no alcohol”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, New beginnings said:

Imagine if you had booked a flight to get married in Thailand this, or next, weekend and on arrival saw the following newspaper report:-

this happened to a couple i know back in may 2016 (not a marriage but similar) on visakha bucha day.  they share the same birthday and invited friends from around the region (hong kong, penang, singapore, vietnam, i was the only person living in bkk).  party to be held at one of the most famous hotels by the river with all the guests booked/staying in rooms there.  they had all the booze ordered and everything.  the ban was public and everyone knew about it (visakha bucha day), but the hotel claimed there was no problem.  the day of the party, the policy was changed !!!  no booze, not even on the boat cruise on the river.  could drink in the rooms only. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus, alcohol ban on St Patricks day! I thought they were outdoing themselves with 1st place in worlds worst air!

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, banagan said:

Jesus, alcohol ban on St Patricks day! I thought they were outdoing themselves with 1st place in worlds worst air!

 

 

   Uncivilsed  third  world country .       whose <deleted> , is this polluted air coming from in chiang mai .

        i used to live  there ,  but now soo   many  germans  living there , with their certain type of smile .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, madmen said:

what is it about recovering alcoholics that they must take everything alcohol related to extremes. Snap out of it, having beer at a wedding does not condemn you to a failed marriage lol

 

I bet your never on anybody's invitation list ya miserable old git 😁

I hate people so I'm okay with never getting an invite. You only have to buy the idiots presents and I'm not into that either.  I'm not a recovering alcoholic by the way, I'm still practising the art. 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much angst over booze. Go to the 7-11, stock up, then just sit at home for the rest of the weekend naked in the corner surrounded by empty beer bottles making slobbery chokey smacking sounds and foetid with your own drunken foulness. It will be ok.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Christ sake those wishing to properly celebrate this most Irish of holidays need only head to a well know establishment of questionable Irish lineage in Anasarn Market after 18:00. Booze, promo girls, Guinness, Formula 1 and corned beer and cabbage all waiting for you. As the only genuine Irishman in Chiang Mai you can find me there sitting at the bar waiting for lovely young lasses to kiss me and buy me a pint.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lipflipper said:

For Christ sake those wishing to properly celebrate this most Irish of holidays need only head to a well know establishment of questionable Irish lineage in Anasarn Market after 18:00. Booze, promo girls, Guinness, Formula 1 and corned beer and cabbage all waiting for you. As the only genuine Irishman in Chiang Mai you can find me there sitting at the bar waiting for lovely young lasses to kiss me and buy me a pint.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

Haven't been in there for over a decade .. how much nowadays for a pint (500ml glass?) of the black stuff ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...