Hate Has Nothing To Do With It

Formaleins

Given the events that have happened today in New Zealand, I hope that everyone is 100% clear that this has nothing to do with Christians and nothing to do with hatred or racism. This is purely an act by a lone assailant who is obviously not of sound mind.

To show solidarity in the face of these terrible events, I think it is time to call on all of our muslim brothers and sisters to go out today and find an Australian and a New Zealander and go up to them and give them a big hug and show them that you know it has nothing to do with white Christians, let them know that you support them as they will obviously be feeling vulnerable at this time.

I am off out now to find an antipodean to give a great big hug to!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I support the idea of hugging strangers, but to suggest hate has nothing to do with this terrorist attack and similar terrorist attacks as happened at the Pittsburgh synagogue is basically ostrich in the sand stuff. You've got to face it to deal with it. 

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I support the idea of hugging strangers, but to suggest hate has nothing to do with this terrorist attack and similar terrorist attacks as happened at the Pittsburgh synagogue is basically ostrich in the sand stuff. You've got to face it to deal with it. 

Yes indeed

Hate and a vicious ideology has plenty to do with it.

Not to mention the gun oil fumes and steroids that most white supremecists crave..

The shooter was obviously trying to spread a message - apparently he had this blaring out of the speakers! They must have thought the devil had finally arrived!

I will be waiting to hear all of the Imams and preachers letting all of their flock know that this has nothing to do with ordinary white people and that chrisitanity has nothing to do with it - I won't be holding my breath though that is for sure. The only surprising thing about this attack of vengeance and retribution is why on earth it took so long?

This act of terrorism is indeed an act of hate.

The current climate climate of intolerance in western society has been fulled by the those who feel disenfranchised and are looking for an enemy.

The real enemy talks in folksy tones about a gentler, more prosperous time when you were respected and jobs were plentiful, he looks like you, talks like you, wears a suit and he tells you he has the answers, then he points at those who don't look like you and he tells you that that group is the source of your pain all the while he dishes out tax cuts to his rich benefactors and cuts your health care.

This is hate, hate fulled by fear of the Other, generated for the benefit of the rich. Its a shell game...you are looking in the wrong place.

This is fascism at work and it wont end well for anyone.

Thanks for the sarcasm OP. Not a loner but a group of right wing extremists. Idiots too. Do you know why IS bomb soft targets in the West? It's to get just such a reaction as the NZ shooters gave. They were effectively doing the work of IS for them. IS do it to get a white reaction against Moslems in their community, the local moslems then feel even more isolated in their community. Wat does a young NZ moslem do if he feels isolated, marginalised even hated in his own country? He joins IS.

The NZ shooters are the perfect recruitment sergeants for IS.

When we suffered the Manchester Arena atrocity, the battle cry of Mancunians was "Choose love, not hate".

It's far more important for the people of Christchurch to embrace the Moslems in their community and let them know that they are there for them. Unless of course, they want lots of young New Zealanders to join IS and start bombing targets in NZ.

By now, probably all western Heads of State/Governements have issued statements condemning this dreadful act of violence unisono and with conviction.

Strange, If Muslims blow up dozends of Christians routinely, the responses to such an event by Moslem Heads of State/Governements is usually rather "lukewarm" at best. Lacking inner conviction to condemn those acts. So it seems to me.
What could be the reason for that???

4 minutes ago, swissie said:

By now, probably all western Heads of State/Governements have issued statements condemning this dreadful act of violence unisono and with conviction.

Strange, If Muslims blow up dozends of Christians routinely, the responses to such an event by Moslem Heads of State/Governements is usually rather "lukewarm" at best. Lacking inner conviction to condemn those acts. So it seems to me.

I think its pretty obvious. 

1 hour ago, K in BKK said:

The current climate climate of intolerance in western society has been fulled by the those who feel disenfranchised and are looking for an enemy.

The real enemy talks in folksy tones about a gentler, more prosperous time when you were respected and jobs were plentiful, he looks like you, talks like you, wears a suit and he tells you he has the answers, then he points at those who don't look like you and he tells you that that group is the source of your pain all the while he dishes out tax cuts to his rich benefactors and cuts your health care.

This is hate, hate fulled by fear of the Other, generated for the benefit of the rich. Its a shell game...you are looking in the wrong place.

If only people had their eyes open wide enough to see this. 

16 minutes ago, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

I’m now a bit worried about what the retaliation will be. This can only escalate - meaning many more innocent lives lost. 

I wouldn't worry, Fanatical mu slims are probably getting bored of all the infedal head chopping. 

But I can tell you to expect more white supremacists to rise up and start committing copy cat acts of terror. Quite often all thats needed is for one to show the way and the flood gates open

5 hours ago, Formaleins said:

I will be waiting to hear all of the Imams and preachers letting all of their flock know that this has nothing to do with ordinary white people

Close enough for me:

“Muslims have been in New Zealand for a long time, and Muslims have never had any issues in New Zealand,” said Ibrar Sheikh, the secretary of a mosque in Auckland, Al Mustafa Jamia Masjid. “Just because one or two individuals have taken this stand, it doesn’t mean there is an attack on people in New Zealand.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/15/world/asia/muslims-in-new-zealand.html

14 minutes ago, sofreshnsocleanclean said:

I’m now a bit worried about what the retaliation will be. This can only escalate - meaning many more innocent lives lost. 

I am a bit worried myself. Are we entering a new age?

- Moslems against Christians? (or vice-versa).

- A few Billionaires (26) against the Billionaires in number (or vice-versa).

- Women agaist men? (or vice- versa).

- Children agaist their parents ? (or vice-versa).

- Catholic Priests agains their sheep? (or vice versa).

- Posters on TVF agaist the "Mod's"? (or vice-versa). Heaven forbid !

10 hours ago, K in BKK said:

Garbage. It's been happening since the Crusades.

3 hours ago, Pharoticus said:

Garbage. It's been happening since the Crusades.

+1. Hey, if you read history, you realize that God is one of the leading causes of death! Has been for thousands of years! Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Christians; all taking turns killing each other because God told 'em it was a good idea. The sword of god, the blood of the lamb, 'vengeance is mine'; millions of dead moth*rf*ckers, all because they gave the wrong answer to The God Question: "Do you believe in God?" "No." BAM! Dead. "Do you believe in God?" "Yes." "...Do you believe in my God?" "No." BAM! Dead., "George Carlin"

15 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

+1. Hey, if you read history, you realize that God is one of the leading causes of death! Has been for thousands of years! Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Christians; all taking turns killing each other because God told 'em it was a good idea. The sword of god, the blood of the lamb, 'vengeance is mine'; millions of dead moth*rf*ckers, all because they gave the wrong answer to The God Question: "Do you believe in God?" "No." BAM! Dead. "Do you believe in God?" "Yes." "...Do you believe in my God?" "No." BAM! Dead., "George Carlin"

Very true.

Any Catholic should know that the Nicene (and Constantinopolan) Creed was enforced at the point of a Roman/Byzantine sword.

It was declaration of loyalty to rthe Empire.

If you were a Nestorian,Arian,Syriac.or Coptic Christian-you had two choices..

1.Fall to your knees and gabble the thing.

2.Refuse and get stabbed in the guts..

Religious hate had everything to do with it.

Following an unfortunate human familiar tradition.

6M jews murdered by the Nazi's for their religion

And not forgetting the 2M Indians who died during the religious fighting during the Indian partition after the British shameful withdrawal strategy

We could go back back further in history, but these two are still in the memory of people still alive.

Yeah, hate of 'the other' is a powerful force

On 3/16/2019 at 1:50 AM, swissie said:

Only "lukewarm" because Western media choose not to print it. Creep Rupert Murdoch has had almost 4000 anti Muslim articles in his papers the last year. He refuses to print anything good about them. He is as culpable for Christchurch as the shooter is.

On 3/15/2019 at 7:50 PM, Formaleins said:

The shooter was obviously trying to spread a message - apparently he had this blaring out of the speakers! They must have thought the devil had finally arrived!

I will be waiting to hear all of the Imams and preachers letting all of their flock know that this has nothing to do with ordinary white people and that chrisitanity has nothing to do with it - I won't be holding my breath though that is for sure. The only surprising thing about this attack of vengeance and retribution is why on earth it took so long?

he was listening to the British Grenadiers March while preparing at the car and walking up to the front door of the mosque.

love Arthur Brown's Fire album. 

On 3/15/2019 at 8:15 PM, K in BKK said:

Hate, like love, is two way traffic.

Mostly we, in the west, got our hate traffic for many years and tried to answer with love, which of course didn't work.

Now some stupid idiot had enough and decided to ride against the traffic.

You really think we, for 50 years at the receiving end of hate, will still be able to bring out the love?

I dare to say that most, if not all, Imams and Ayatollahs will maximise their hate preaching and urge their listeners to kill as many "infidels" as possible, they will all go to heaven.

I am sorry for the dead of this atrocity, but I wonder where all the love preaching people were when in Egypt and elsewhere in the Muslim  world churches were attacked by Muslims with many more deaths.

On 3/15/2019 at 10:15 PM, K in BKK said:

Wait, you are blaming the US president for an event in NZ? What tax cuts did he give to rich NZ citizens? Whose health care in NZ did he cut? Wow, TDS is a serious illness. Better get yourself checked out. 

Archived