Coming Thai election

EricTh

I went to the city moat to try to see some polling action but it was quiet as a  mouse. There were no crowds queuing to cast their votes.

I wonder where  the polling stations are..

I went to the city moat to try to see some polling action but it was quiet as a  mouse. There were no crowds queuing to cast their votes.

Lots of polling stations at schools....only they will now be empty as it now 17.05 and they closed at 17.00 !

On 3/21/2019 at 2:01 PM, Jeffkp said:

A friend of mine lives in Chiang Mai Land. He told me people were going house to house yesterday offering 500 Bhat to vote for their candidate (I won't mention which one!). He's disgusted by Thai corruption as I think many are.

Hey, i heard exactly the same going on in the North East, but 1000 baht instead of 500.
The corruption is disgusting. We all know who the candidate is....

5 hours ago, johng said:
6 hours ago, EricTh said:

Lots of polling stations at schools....only they will now be empty as it now 17.05 and they closed at 17.00 !

I looked outside the schools  around 13:00 and  not 17:00. Not a person in sight.

Anyway, I am looking at the live result now in Bangkok Post. Hopefully, the new government will be more foreigner visa friendly.

Archived