BANGKOK 26 April 2019 19:22
snoop1130

Alcohol banned ahead of advance voting

13 hours ago, SABloke said:

If that is the case, why not ban the consumption of alcohol?? There is nothing stopping me (or a canvasser, for example) form buying alcohol any time before 6pm tomorrow, and then throwing a huge party...🙄

But forieners cant vote so why must they note be allowed a drink

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

The vote buying and bribery has already been completed with money from the Thai Niyom slush fund. There was no alcohol ban when that was being done at the time of the mobile cabinet meetings.

They had a good drink wasting tax payer money without a mandate. 

And... it won't work, unless of course they cheat counting votes..

• Like 1

I realise that residents of Thai can manage these things, but for frequent long term visitors, these bans are becoming a pain. The wowsers are taking over.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If the BIBS in Chiang Mai are to be believed having your thirst quenched with Demon alcohol will be OK after 18:00. I intend to see about that as it's also Saint Patrick's Day and this Irishman is not about to abstain. Erin Go Bragh.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

ARE YOU GUYS ALL CRAZY? Its one day of booze deprivation. Take a nap if you are having the DTs....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I bet my house that I can wander up to my local 'Mom and Pop' shop and buy unlimited booze to my heart's desire.

Any takers?

May be a police constable my take you on.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Cats4ever said:

I realise that residents of Thai can manage these things, but for frequent long term visitors, these bans are becoming a pain. The wowsers are taking over.

Indeed, as a resident, I'm normally not bothered by the bans, but today a Thai friend is arriving from the US and wants to go out. 

Irksome and tedious.

Hopefully with this and the smog it might keep some of the tourists away though, so every cloud and all that.

13 hours ago, SABloke said:

If that is the case, why not ban the consumption of alcohol?? There is nothing stopping me (or a canvasser, for example) form buying alcohol any time before 6pm tomorrow, and then throwing a huge party...🙄

Ah.... but that would take some forward planning !

Do we get 30 minutes drinking up time?

Tossers ,  It just sounds good,,,,,Anyone can get grog or already has grog (like me😜).

I do not drink but if I did I would have to be veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy drunk and out of my mine to vote for the junta 

It's not so much the ban on the sale of alcohol, I can live with that, but I have a number of people who want to come to my bar to watch the finale of the 6 Nations and although that shouldn't be a problem, as long as I don't serve alcohol, the BiB will still shaft me if I open, because they'll accuse me of serving alcohol, even if I don't and their word will count for a great deal more than mine.  Corruption at its best  The funniest thing is that none of us have a vote anyway.  TiT.

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

This really does show how brainless these people running things really are. Preventing an entire country from buying alcohol whilst the entire country is drinking (pre-bought) alcohol is just a complete nonsense from power hungry idiots who couldn't rub two brain cells together.:burp:

I was thinking that this can’t possibly make most of the voters happy unless it’s a rigged election which is unfortunately quite possible it’s as if he’s trying everything he can to not get elected.  

Although I don’t know this election at least appears to be the real deal because there are several candidates spending a lot of money on campaigning.  If it’s a fake election there would have to be way too many people involved to keep it a secret permanently.  I used to deal with Classified Special Access Programs in my old job and when dealing with Special Access Programs the fewer people that know about it and are involved in it the less of a chance we had of having leaks.  But I don’t know everything about their election system here so I don’t know.  I just hope it’s the real deal.  

It's not so much the ban on the sale of alcohol, I can live with that, but I have a number of people who want to come to my bar to watch the finale of the 6 Nations and although that shouldn't be a problem, as long as I don't serve alcohol, the BiB will still shaft me if I open, because they'll accuse me of serving alcohol, even if I don't and their word will count for a great deal more than mine.  Corruption at its best  The funniest thing is that none of us have a vote anyway.  TiT.

Many venues remain open even though they do not sell alcohol. Your fear of the authorities does not appear well founded

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app