BANGKOK 26 April 2019 15:42
snoop1130

Alcohol banned ahead of advance voting

1 hour ago, unamazedloso said:

Geez, even north korea celebrate election time.

There is an Asian country where any criticism of the government can lead to arrest and detention, where its citizens are brainwashed from birth to worship the leader and any negative comments can be reported by any citizen against another and be punished with a long period in prison, where tv every night shows the good leader helping his citizens enjoy a better life, a country where his picture adorns every public building and is in every home, and defacing any such pictures can lead to a lengthy jail sentence, a country where news is censored and internet sites blocked, and people can be sentenced to prison for speaking the truth. North Korea. Its resemblance to any other Asian nation is purely coincidental.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The sale and distribution of drinks containing alcohol will be banned from 6pm on Friday for the next 24 hours and during advance voting tomorrow, according to the Royal Thai Police.

Well something went wrong, just bought 2 cases of Chang from Tesco 🙂

• Haha 1

I think all Farrangs should be exempt from this regulation as we are not involved in the voting !

• Like 1

I will not say to much about ban alcool,,, every one do know the laws in this country,,,,

only take a good look at the B.I.B.   once in a while,,,then you know what is really going on,,,

I bet the boozing ex pat old farts will find a bar stool somewhere behind "closed doors"

• Sad 2

This is so people can vote with a clear head.

Pity the politicians can't stand for office with a clear conscience. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never mind the alcohol..

Thailand how to vote pack...

20181116_142932.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

Well something went wrong, just bought 2 cases of Chang from Tesco 🙂

Now I am disappointed (Chang)! I just figured all the Global Moderators sipped the Hi So beverages. They must not be taking care of you Moderators.

• Haha 1

Sometimes I am wondering are we human must live with these nonsense rules and regulations who created for their own good but they themselves never follow. Without looking at others feel how do they feel. This whole planet is belongs to everyone and every a a creature that breathing. So far I never see this planet getting any better. Election, voting, campaign and leaders are absolutely waste of time.Here in Thailand, they should ban all the bars, bar girls and alcohol. So there will fewer jobs for ministers, immigration and police. Also, the traveler can decide whether they want to be or not.

3 hours ago, 255958_1469958618 said:

Poor Irish Day Celebrations  Sunday March 17 ST PATRICKS DAY 

Yes, it is the same day every year.

in town for sure,but the small shops outside of town not a problem and they customers will be the thais along with local farang

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Was this in the news? Who got busted for bribery? Or is it just an investigation? So which industrialist is paying off the candidates. Bribery is an important thing! Names, dates, details, please! This is big! Since you seem to know all about it, what are you going to do if they want you to be a witness? Fascinating! Tell us more!

If I would tell, what I know about the vote buying before this election, I probably would be charged with defamation and/or kicked out of the country. We leave the talking to Thais.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The restriction is imposed to prevent electoral fraud such as vote buying or bribery. It is believed that canvassers usually try to bribe voters in different ways, including throwing parties the night before the poll, to attract votes.

Thanks, with that information the alcohol ban makes sense and is more understandable for us foreigners...:whistling:

Edited by khunPer

59 minutes ago, allen303 said:

They must not be taking care of you Moderators.

The only "taking care" being done is of the Mafia kind.