BANGKOK 21 April 2019 03:38
snoop1130

Alcohol banned ahead of advance voting

8 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I bet my house that I can wander up to my local 'Mom and Pop' shop and buy unlimited booze to my heart's desire.

Any takers?

Their stock is probably very limited (unless they own Tesco) so an easy bet to win.

But if your house was on the line I suspect your hearts desire would be rather limited. 

Always look at the details before taking on any wager.

D1xkwguUgAI9GBp.jpg large.jpg

I need a beer! Its Rugby and EPL tonight <deleted>! Backward country and corrupt governemnt

Posted (edited)

Well, TIT.  I'm sitting at a table at an outdoors Isan restaurant in Bangkok with an ice cold Leo in front of me.  When I mentioned all of the anguish and tooth gnashing in this thread to my wife she said "Don't be silly, the election is next weekend".

😋

Edited by otherstuff1957
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, otherstuff1957 said:

Well, TIT.  I'm sitting at a table at an outdoors Isan restaurant in Bangkok with an ice cold Leo in front of me.  When I mentioned all of the anguish and tooth gnashing in this thread to my wife she said "Don't be silly, the election is next weekend".

😋

Exactly, TiT! when the last king passed, there were certain bars open and serving, and the mom & pop side soi liquor stores were in full swing. Why would some silly election change that?

Funny to read a number of posts worried about not getting their Archa at the local 7-11. 5555+

4 hours ago, dave moir said:

It actually says consumption and distribution if you took time to read!!!😉

Did you take the time to read? Nowhere does it mention consumption. No alcohol ban that I've seen over the past 10 years, even on religious holidays, has included a ban on consumption. The reason is that since consuming alcohol isn't illegal, they would have change the law every time they wanted an alcohol ban. The authorities can, however, place restrictions on the sale and/or purchase of alcohol.

First they deprive us with freedom of expression, now no alcohol, what's next, they may enroll

sex inspectors, except for the junta, of course.

On 3/16/2019 at 3:22 PM, bkksiam said:

where I have reservations for tonight Saturday,

Did you cancel and let them know why ?