F1 2019

Mosha

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toto was asked if they where sandbagging in Barcelona. He replied they were working through a program, and only tested speed in the latter stages

Sent from my SMART 4G GEN C 5.0 using Tapatalk

Mercedes in better shape mentally this year...

Doubt Lewis too worried as he has nether been good at converting pole into win at Melbourne, just needs to sort out "starts" as this is his only weak point.
Post race interview he was asked if he was playing catch up after the 1st corner. He said he knew at that point it was about bringing the car home. He never felt Max was a threat. Lewis didn't appear to be down about it. A good result for Valerie.
I was more upset for Leclerc.

Sent from my SMART 4G GEN C 5.0 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Basil B said:

Kubica last again, how long can Williams carry a passenger?

Saw Ocon was hanging around in the Mercedes garage, must be waiting for a call from Claire...  

And his team mate second last. Williams have neither the cars nor the drivers.

Ocon is Mercedes reserve driver.

No doubt the Ferrari is super fast but they just can’t unlock the speed on a Sunday. As far as team orders go they were wrong in Australia, wrong in Bahrain, but I kinda agree with China. Vettel certainly looked faster at the time so if the aim was to take it to the mercedes then they were right to give him a shot. The stupid thing was they threw Le Clerc under the bus in terms of strategy keeping him out so long rather than pitting him early to cover off Verstappen. They won’t win the championship if they arent capable of optimizing strategy for both cars on race day.

Archived